• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
User Banned (1 Week): Concern Trolling Around Cancel Culture
Take that, cancel culture 😎

www.nbcnews.com

Young TikTok users tried canceling Eminem. He responded with 'Tone Deaf,' a new song.

“I won't stop even when my hair turns grey (I'm tone-deaf) / 'Cause they won't stop until they cancel me,” the rapper wrote in a Twitter post.

"I won't stop even when my hair turns grey (I'm tone-deaf) / 'Cause they won't stop until they cancel me," Eminem wrote alongside a preview of the new lyric video for "Tone Deaf."

www.nme.com

Eminem hits back at cancel culture in animated 'Tone Deaf' video

Eminem has released an animated music video for his new track 'Tone Deaf' taken from his new 'Side B' album - you can watch it here.

According to HotNewHipHop, people are angry at Em for the lyrics: "If she ever tries to fucking leave again/ I'mma tie her to the bed and set this house on fire."

Cancel Culture is out of control, looking at a rap song and saying lyrics are problematic? How Orwellian.

You won't strip away our freedom, we can say anything we want in songs without you criticizing it. Deal with it. 😎

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like there are a few albums worth of stuff that would ruffle some feathers these days.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much every major rap album from the 90s to early 2000s is at the very minimum homophobic as shit

OP
OP

Deleted member 52442

Banned
Jan 24, 2019
Is this a troll op or what? I can't tell anymore.

Because you dont like what Im saying I might be trolling? How Orwellian
1f60e.png

yes im being sarcastic

jml

Mar 9, 2018
I feel like there are a few albums worth of stuff that would ruffle some feathers these days.
It even ruffled feathers at the time, that's why the whole thing with him doing a performance with Elton John was seen as a big deal.

We already did this whole Eminem controversy 20 years ago and I'm not super interested in doing it again tbh

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's nice that the song also fucking sucks because I would have been real annoyed if Eminem actually managed to put out a decent song for the first time in a while only for it to be linked to this turd shite

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
Songs like these are why Eminem is a "legend," yet regularly has his legend status and legacy called into question.

He just can't stop releasing awful music

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
I just found it funny that the catalyst for this was Love the Way You Lie. Like, have these people even heard Kim?

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It's an old song. I mean it's from his latest album, but he didn't write it in response to this specific event. Also, it's rap.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Lol Eminem is so sensitive, dude really recorded a whole song cause some kids online don't like him

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It's not even a new song like the first article implies. It was released back in December, before this 'campaign' against him even began. The video was released recently, but I'm not sure if it's really "in response to", seeing as the song itself was written many months ago.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minorities and every person of color doesn't really care about this stuff as they are just distractions, put that energy into immigration reform, reparations and things that will improve people's lives.

Why try go into the past when all of that stuff is not relevant today as all that stuff has came and gone away, life has moved on.

Focus on stuff that actually matters.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Oh that's why Love the Way You Lie was played on the radio and then the DJ was talking about Eminem being cancelled and how she was "afraid" he'd release a track coming hard.

Sounds like all they did was get Eminem radio plays of this old song.

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017
If you are going to cancel him for that song, it should really be for that awful "I guess that's why they call it window pain" pun.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Is 😎 ERA's new 💯?

Also, fuck Eminem. Don't care if he held hands with Elton John that one time.

RoboitoAM

Oct 25, 2017
Hilarious that a song about a highly toxic relationship culminating in murder suicide is the reason people want to attempt it, when the worst line in the song is actually "guess that's why they call it window pane".

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
nobody at all is thinking about eminem enough to try and "cancel" him

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
Eminem one of those dudes that says abhorrent shit, doesn't really apologize for it and left-leaning people (on this forum no less) go to bat for him. Should have been cancelled in 2000. Dude sucks.

Eminem sucks, got real middle school energy

i had the misfortune of seeing the music video where he's dressed up like 60s Batman stuff the other day and boy this really nails it. His music sounds dated af too.

Deleted member 25606

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I can't say what I really want without being offensive myself, so suffice to say tik-tok activists and Eminem can have each other, keeps em busy and out of all our way.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
People couldn't even cancel 6ix9ine who actually fucked with minors or Chris Brown who actually beat women, nobody's cancelling any rapper over lyrics simply with social media campaigns.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Unrelated but I can't believe it's 2021 and Eminem was the 6th highest selling artist in the world in 2020.

How did this TikTok stuff even get on his radar?

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
Considering he has a song where he graphically details murdering his wife and dropping her body into a lake while talking to his daughter, I can't say I was expecting this to be the old song he's getting called out for.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Great. Thanks for validating the Zoomers, Marshall.

Irishmantis

Jan 5, 2019
i've heard this song months ago i think it was on his last project

this article/thread title is bs lol
Yeah this

A lot of people on Era wouldn't bother to confirm more of an happy opportunity to shit on Em

But Jesus don't show these kids Relapse where he's talking about stalking, raping, killing and then eating the woman

Status
Not open for further replies.