• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Young Thug appears in court today, right? Will there be a livestream of it?

EDIT: That was yesterday. Never mind.

Last edited:

Senator Toadstool

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also reading this indictment I really don't like this DA and seems more about punishing Rappers.

the evidence, cited as "acts" involve posing with gang signs and using hashtags which seems to criminalize speech. The most serious things are a murder in 2015. But mostly it talks about him seemingly referencing murder but it imo doesn't show any "ordering" anything or involvement. They best thing they have is a car rental that was seemingly used and people discussing seeking his "permission" though I can't seem to find any claim he ordered it.

He seemingly was involved in some shady shit and was at minimum adjacent to multiple murders. But there is no silver bullet, no recording or seemingly witness willing to go on the stand (that could change)

The also use of social media and lyrics seems bad because it's vague and while probably does refer to the murder is not beyond a reasonable doubt that he was involved. There were other crimes that they seemingly have (but don't seem to get him a super long sentence).

Also, this is NOT a federal case. The federal justice department is NOT involved. it's a STATE case which is also why I'm skeptical they have some kind of airtight case. Also state prosecutions are often far more susceptible to political factors, the DA who is directly elected sold this as a "victory against crime" as if this is about the current violence. The murders and charges are things that happened 7-10 years ago, when crime was very low.

tl;dr: seems overtly political, I don't think they have an airtight case on the most serious charges and some of the evidence used would set a horrible precedent likely to be used to further over go after minorities. Still don't think this makes Young Thug a good guy or this organization good.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
more?

And I can't see he's a flight risk. He has the means but no real motive. Even with conviction he can afford lawyers that can win, or get an amazing deal.

The odds are stacked heavily against him here even with top tier lawyers. He's absolutely a flight risk. With his money he could go anywhere in the world and try to avoid extradition if he wanted.

Senator Toadstool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The odds are stacked heavily against him here even with top tier lawyers. He's absolutely a flight risk. With his money he could go anywhere in the world and try to avoid extradition if he wanted.
Nobody has explained why the odds are so stacked against him? Everybody keeps saying this and calling it RICO when this isn't a RICO case. It's not federal and I think many over the "evidence" they got is bullshit for proving a conspiracy (making a blood sign? Come on)

and because your rich and can afford a private plane does that mean your denied bail or a flight risk. It'll mean his bail is higher. People watch far to many movies.

You don't think the feds knew about this? And nothing crossed state lines? The feds love to swoop in and steal a case from state investigators yet this didn't here?

jackie daytona

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 15, 2022
Also reading this indictment I really don't like this DA and seems more about punishing Rappers.

the evidence, cited as "acts" involve posing with gang signs and using hashtags which seems to criminalize speech. The most serious things are a murder in 2015. But mostly it talks about him seemingly referencing murder but it imo doesn't show any "ordering" anything or involvement. They best thing they have is a car rental that was seemingly used and people discussing seeking his "permission" though I can't seem to find any claim he ordered it.

He seemingly was involved in some shady shit and was at minimum adjacent to multiple murders. But there is no silver bullet, no recording or seemingly witness willing to go on the stand (that could change)

The also use of social media and lyrics seems bad because it's vague and while probably does refer to the murder is not beyond a reasonable doubt that he was involved. There were other crimes that they seemingly have (but don't seem to get him a super long sentence).

Also, this is NOT a federal case. The federal justice department is NOT involved. it's a STATE case which is also why I'm skeptical they have some kind of airtight case. Also state prosecutions are often far more susceptible to political factors, the DA who is directly elected sold this as a "victory against crime" as if this is about the current violence. The murders and charges are things that happened 7-10 years ago, when crime was very low.

tl;dr: seems overtly political, I don't think they have an airtight case on the most serious charges and some of the evidence used would set a horrible precedent likely to be used to further over go after minorities. Still don't think this makes Young Thug a good guy or this organization good.
I think most of those citations are to show that it is in fact an organization with symbols and slang, and that they claim to be members.

Not so much criminalizing language, but showing that they are part of the organization they're accused of being in. Which is really the crux of Rico. They can't get every single member with individual charges, but they can tie individual charges to every single member by virtue of the organization.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
more?

And I can't see he's a flight risk. He has the means but no real motive. Even with conviction he can afford lawyers that can win, or get an amazing deal.
Nobody has explained why the odds are so stacked against him? Everybody keeps saying this and calling it RICO when this isn't a RICO case. It's not federal and I think many over the "evidence" they got is bullshit for proving a conspiracy (making a blood sign? Come on)

and because your rich and can afford a private plane does that mean your denied bail or a flight risk. It'll mean his bail is higher. People watch far to many movies.

You don't think the feds knew about this? And nothing crossed state lines? The feds love to swoop in and steal a case from state investigators yet this didn't here?
I'm talking about him having more charges on him.

He's allegedly the leader of a gang who's connected to multiple people's deaths (and other things) that they've been watching for years until now. This isn't a 69 situation where 69 was a guy who joined a gang later on and was the face but mostly stayed out of the back offices where the real criminal activity was being done. Thug's being called the leader of this gang. It's not like Thug's background isn't known either if you've seen the interviews and how he's treated. We can't act like it's all out of nowhere. If anybody has the odds stacked against him in this entire thing then it's him.

Yeah they're using the lyrics, the look, the social media posts and everything else to paint a picture but with that said they've already got a good foundation based on their other research prior to checking that. We know how they work when it comes to "hey we think this person does this based on how they look and what they do", that isn't new. This isn't about anybody watching movies or what you're implying in your post about everyone in this thread. We don't know anything about what the feds are doing, it's only been a few days since this happened. We don't know man lol.

In this case however it's just a continuation of what happened with Lucci last year for the same thing. Given they had beef, given they see the connection, they just moved on into YSL a year later.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Maybe don't self snitch across all social media platforms and on all of your albums if it's based on real world crimes that actually happened. MF Doom was right.

This is the least surprising thing ever if you consider the YFN RICO charges that happened just last year. YSL wasn't going to be passed over.

(Definitely feels weird for music and music videos to be used as evidence, either way)

Senator Toadstool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think most of those citations are to show that it is in fact an organization with symbols and slang, and that they claim to be members.

Not so much criminalizing language, but showing that they are part of the organization they're accused of being in. Which is really the crux of Rico. They can't get every single member with individual charges, but they can tie individual charges to every single member by virtue of the organization.
You have to commit overt acts in furtherance of the conspiracy for specific crimes. It's not just he's in a gang so guilty if the gang does something! Calling symbols millions use or lyrics overt acts just to me goes to far. I cited a few things that were overt acts but I struggled to see how they, beyond a reasonable doubt, can prove they were in furtherance of murder. One of them is a conversation of another about asking permission. How does that prove he did it?

I think he likely was involved (don't know how much) but I didn't see any open and shut "he's fucked" case many are talking about

jackie daytona

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 15, 2022
You have to commit overt acts in furtherance of the conspiracy for specific crimes. It's not just he's in a gang so guilty if the gang does something! Calling symbols millions use or lyrics overt acts just to me goes to far. I cited a few things that were overt acts but I struggled to see how they, beyond a reasonable doubt, can prove they were in furtherance of murder. One of them is a conversation of another about asking permission. How does that prove he did it?

I think he likely was involved (don't know how much) but I didn't see any open and shut "he's fucked" case many are talking about

No, that's the whole point of Rico. They weren't able to get the mob bosses because there were enough layers between them and the crimes being committed that they couldn't get anything to stick.

Rico allows them to establish that there is an actual criminal organization, and anyone in that organization can be liable. Especially the heads.

It's basically the government saying "ok, you didn't actually break any laws directly in a way we can prove. But, we can prove you were in this criminal organization which we can prove was breaking laws.

Like I'm sure they're not rounding everyone up who posted #slimelife tags. But, if there is someone in their targets who did, they'll say, "see, he's admitting to being part of this gang."

And just to be perfectly clear, I have no idea if Rico is even close to appropriate, or if the DA is just being an ass. But, I'm not going to act as if there isn't some logic behind what they're showing as evidence.

Edit: from Wikipedia
Despite its harsh provisions, a RICO-related charge is considered easy to prove in court since it focuses on patterns of behavior, as opposed to criminal acts.[SUP][4][/SUP]

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
To this day I still can't believe that really happened. Wayne's bus got shot up and dude allegedly immediately called Thug after he did it. That's wild.

Yeah it's quite crazy how that whole sequence of events kinda flew under the radar. Saw a thread on Twitter where a bunch of people didn't even know it happened lol

Senator Toadstool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, that's the whole point of Rico. They weren't able to get the mob bosses because there were enough layers between them and the crimes being committed that they couldn't get anything to stick.

Rico allows them to establish that there is an actual criminal organization, and anyone in that organization can be liable. Especially the heads.

It's basically the government saying "ok, you didn't actually break any laws directly in a way we can prove. But, we can prove you were in this criminal organization which we can prove was breaking laws.

Like I'm sure they're not rounding everyone up who posted #slimelife tags. But, if there is someone in their targets who did, they'll say, "see, he's admitting to being part of this gang."

And just to be perfectly clear, I have no idea if Rico is even close to appropriate, or if the DA is just being an ass. But, I'm not going to act as if there isn't some logic behind what they're showing as evidence.

Edit: from Wikipedia
Again this isn't RICO. And I know the point of RICO you still have to prove it's connection with overt acts that connect to the crimes of the Georgia law calls for. again. why are the feds not in here? You don't think they saw this? Why wouldn't they take over? I believe some of this crossed state lines

The mob RICO cases involved more discreet acts they had on tape where they admitted it. A blood sign or a lyric is a tenuous connection. Renting a car? Other people talking about you? Still tenuous because the acts have to be proven to further the goals of the organization towards their crime.

RICO (again this is not a federal rico case) cases usually win because they have solid evidence and the feds don't prosecute weak cases (people still run rackets they don't convict because rico isn't a magic the government always wins. But a local DA who's in a city who's crime is rising and wants to be seen tough on this and get national headlines? They go after week cases all the time.

If the feds get involved or someone testified against him (doubt they will) I don't see it as a slam dunk. Could a jury or he plea to some of the weeker gun charges or not? Yeah sure. i just think people thinking this is a slam dunk and are like "he's definently over" are getting way of what's happened and what's might happen

OP
OP
Milennia

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017

First time we've seen the Gunna mugshot I think

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
hiphopdx.com

Lil Wayne's 2015 Tour Bus Shooting Cited In Young Thug & Gunna RICO Indictment

The 2015 shooting involving Lil Wayne's tour bus is reportedly mentioned in the 88-page indictment against Young Thug, Gunna and 26 others.

The 2015 shooting involving Lil Wayne's tour bus is reportedly mentioned in the 88-page indictment against Young Thug, Gunna and 26 others that was handed down earlier this week. According to the New York Times, prosecutors pointed out the man who shot at the bus, Jimmy Winfrey (also known as Peewee Roscoe), has ties to Young Slime Life (YSL).

Winfrey is also part of the indictment, charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. At the time of the tour bus shooting, both Young Thug and Birdman were listed as co-conspirators, although they were never charged.

============================================
I wonder how Birdman is getting away here. When this first broke years ago and PeeWee(the shooter) went to jail, they said PeeWee called Birdman right after he shot at Wayne. It was always believed by fans that Birdman was the one that orchestrated everything. This is during the time Wayne was suing Birdman for unpaid millions and wanted out of Cash Money.

Edit:
Link to when the phone call leaked/got brought up years ago
www.xxlmag.com

Birdman Phone Call Following 2015 Lil Wayne Bus Shooting Leaks - XXL

A phone call between Birdman and PeeWee Roscoe following the 2015 shooting of Lil Wayne's tour bus has leaked.
Last week, it was reported that Birdman and Young Thug could be charged for their alleged role in the 2015 shooting of Lil Wayne's tour bus. Now, a phone call between Birdman and Jimmy "PeeWee Roscoe" Winfrey—the accused shooter of the bus—has leaked.

During the phone call, Birdman can be heard saying, "It's time for you to come out here and get your money, man…You done did everything you could do... It's an eye-opener, bruh. Strictly business, man."

Winfrey reportedly placed the call to a cellphone owned by Birdman and phone records also show that Thugger called Winfrey eight times in 12 minutes leading up to the shooting.

Last edited:

jackie daytona

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 15, 2022
hiphopdx.com

The 2015 shooting involving Lil Wayne's tour bus is reportedly mentioned in the 88-page indictment against Young Thug, Gunna and 26 others.

I wonder how Birdman is getting away here. When this first broke years ago and PeeWee(the shooter) went to jail, they said PeeWee called Birdman right after he shot at Wayne. It was always believed by fans that Birdman was the one that orchestrated everything. This is during the time Wayne was suing Birdman for unpaid millions and wanted out of Cash Money.

Edit:
www.xxlmag.com

A phone call between Birdman and PeeWee Roscoe following the 2015 shooting of Lil Wayne's tour bus has leaked.

Birdman made a deal with the devil or some shit.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
lol

Him a week ago:

www.eonline.com

Rapper Gunna's Puppy Purse Is the Best Met Gala Accessory of 2022 - E! Online

Gunna showed up to the 2022 Met Gala holding a must-see accessory: a bedazzled handbag in the shape of a dog wearing a tuxedo. See the rapper's odd and hilarious fashion statement.

The fucking dissonance going through their heads now
I bet withdrawals hitting him and Thug like a truck. Especially the lean. Is whippet withdrawal difficult as well?

pvin626

Nov 16, 2017
Lil Keed has passed away.

RIP.

What the heck is going on ?

Update, it's being reported that it was kidney failure.

Last edited:

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
hiphopdx.com

Edit:
www.xxlmag.com

Birdman is compromised by the Feds. Fans know about some of the dirt these rap execs allegedly did, there's a chance law enforcement does also.

Last edited:

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
Gunna is free and is accused of snitching.

What'a fucked up is he pretty much put out a press release saying its not the case, but true or not a bunch of idiots are gonna focus on this as opposed go a possible sham case trying to link of a bunch of rappers tangentially connected to street shit.

Lots of friends of friends get caught in these stings when it involves gangs because 'everyone' is assumed to be a part of it.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
What'a fucked up is he pretty much put out a press release saying its not the case, but true or not a bunch of idiots are gonna focus on this as opposed go a possible sham case trying to link of a bunch of rappers tangentially connected to street shit.

Lots of friends of friends get caught in these stings when it involves gangs because 'everyone' is assumed to be a part of it.
I wonder how many dudes get caught on RICO just because they were talking big out their asses? But they clocking in at Wendy's the next day