• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
With RICO we see loose affiliates and even unrelated people get rounded up as part of criminal conspiracy. People alleged to be "leaders" of "gangs" under a dubious definitions of the term.

I'm not saying that's what happening here, I'm just surprised to see people so certain that the case is closed on everyone named.

Last edited:

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

SHEESH.

I hope a buncha other rappers are taking notes and start leaving the streets alone.
At the same time I understand why this happens. A lot of these dudes are only able to get their starts through drug & gang money. And once you come up it's not like you can just ditch the people that put you on.
Not only that but Hip-hop/the black community at large really needs to reckon with it's toxic "streed cred" mindset. YET ON THE OTHER SIDE, we wouldn't even have this mindset if America gave us a fair chance.

Smh. There's just no easy answer for this.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah it's about to get wild for the Atlanta hip-hop scene hell hip-hop in general since Atlanta's been running wild for a while. Wow.

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Damn, I love Young Thug's music and some of the features he's in but sounds like a lot of this could have been avoided. :/

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Shit, let me text my sisters who live in Atlanta...

The whole city probably went in the house.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
I don't like this trend of lyrics-as-evidence.

If you've got real shit, by all means like their asses up.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Too many OGs in the rap game told people how to move, but they ignored it because social media clout was a a faster route to the bread. Lyrics aren't evidence, but you better make 100% sure your lyrics are purely lyrics and make sure your labels aren't fronts to launder trap money, lol.

It's about to be clipped for lots of ATL rappers, and I bet you a lot of drillers in NYC are gonna get hemmed up RICO style too.

OP
OP
Milennia

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta is about to get moved on big time, pretty strong messages being sent form all ends, hope it sets a precedent for other young rappers to get out before they make it

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off
Now he will sing like a canary to avoid jail time.

But unless he can implicate some major players and cut a deal, he's pretty much screwed and fucked forever .

jackie daytona

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 15, 2022

The one time I've seen it used in the past (I think it was some guy who appeared on def poetry jam, but I can't remember if there lyrics were on the show or in another song…), it was super specific info that the public wouldn't have been aware of.

It's not like "I'm a killer" is getting submitted, but "I killed Joe at the 711 at 4:30 on Sunday the 31st with this gun"

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
The one time I've seen it used in the past (I think it was some guy who appeared on def poetry jam, but I can't remember if there lyrics were on the show or in another song…), it was super specific info that the public wouldn't have been aware of.

It's not like "I'm a killer" is getting submitted, but "I killed Joe at the 711 at 4:30 on Sunday the 31st with this gun"
And that specifically is ok with me. If lyrics lead you to more evidence or something, that's cool.

If Atlanta is about to get snatched up, pray for the toxic god, he usually keeps his nose suspiciously clean.

Jan 27, 2019
Fuck off

it's more likely their phones, email and ISP's were tapped than song lyrics, this is also combined probadly with info from CI's and other surveillance.

Bear in mind RICO has huge evidence requirements as has been stated already, the feds will be sitting in a mountain of evidence, their case will be pretty damn airtight.

Oct 25, 2017

I couldn't imagine living a rich lifestyle and waking up in a cell

Either he gets that boob job like he said he would or snitch and go live life in France or something. No way would I cut life off at 30 years old

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
if you read the indictment, that Qua dude got a law library thrown at him.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
My cousin just moved down to Atlanta and big on the hip hop scene. Let me get at him.

Just lost one cousin to jail violence last week. I wish that on no man or woman.

Exilexc

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah we love these guys here in atl. But you know what they say.. play stupid games, win stupid prizes

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Yoooo...

I don't know if y'all have read this indictment, but I'm skimming it right now out of boredom.

It is SHOCKING how much of this is lifted right off of Instagram.

Damn...some fuckin' dummies.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

Yeah, if it's primarily lyrics it's a fucking problem. A blatantly racist one.

www.newyorker.com

The Controversial Use of Rap Lyrics as Evidence

The introduction of hip-hop into the court of law requires an intellectually dishonest reading of what art is and of the function it serves for both creator and audience.

www.rollingstone.com

New York Lawmakers Introducing Bill to Limit Rap Lyrics as Evidence in Criminal Trials

State senators Brad Hoylman and Jamaal Bailey are introducing a bill to protect defendants' "creative expression" and prevent racial bias.

Rappers make shit up and exaggerate all the time and I think we are past the time assuming everyone is rapping from first person; in that case Drake's dated 1,372 different bottle waitresses and got dumped by each one and Future has to have a seperate truck filled filled with leaned poured into milk cartons when he tours.