• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Its impressive how this show weaves in so many of the various DC groups.

Kabuki Waq

Oct 26, 2017
was Hoping for Jason Todd.....and hopefully Wally is resurrected before Harper and Artemis start banging

Sep 28, 2018
Influence was the strongest episode, and it finally convinced me that Greg Weisman was meant to do a Justice League cartoon rather than a YJ one.

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping Wally bursts out of the Speed Force whenever the credits roll, lol. I'm going to keep expecting for him to show up until he actually shows up.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
I need information on a season 4.

Also anyone else expecting Beast Boy to go public with a Teen Titans team very soon? That's the impression I'm getting here.

Sterok

Oct 25, 2017
The way the show manages to build a complex post-superhero world and weave 50 different plots together while remaining coherent is nothing short of astounding. I'm really liking that they're addressing young metahuman rehabilitation head on. Makes it all feel more authentic.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Great first three episodes, sad that they're going to one a week but I guess they have to stretch things out.

That said the voice acting is noticeable. I know it's budgetary but man the amount of double/triple roles they're getting actors to do, and in bad accents to boot. Guy seemed to be fluctuating between Baltimore and Boston. The Australians were hilariously wrong. Also reading the Wiki I noticed that like half the people at the party didn't even speak. The good thing is that the script is so strong that every word out of each character's mouth is good development.

...I'm also starting to suspect at the pace this show is going at, there's not going to be a Darkseid confrontation. Even with 26 episodes, it feels like the story isn't going fast enough but hopefully I'm wrong.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
Finally caught up to this and i feel very "meh" about it.

I feel like there's 50 things going on and i care for very little for most of them.

I dont care much for the stuff with Obrion or whatever the hell his name and i think it went on way to long and i got bored of the whole patience thing almost immediate, it's also a tired character arc.

Same for the Terra stuff that is going to inevitably happen.

Also i feel the show lacks the most basic common sense some time.

Pro tip if you have people who can read minds MAYBE you should keep connected to the people who were kidnapped and brainwashed by people to prevent the obvious double crosses that are coming ESPECIALLY when it has happened before.

And lastly the voice acting constrains are obvious, there's literally like 3 black guy voices.

Still enjoying the show enough to keep watching but i'm definitely not as hyped or enjoying it as much as the previous two seasons.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Pro tip if you have people who can read minds MAYBE you should keep connected to the people who were kidnapped and brainwashed by people to prevent the obvious double crosses that are coming ESPECIALLY when it has happened before.
To be fair, there's a well established reason as to why M'gann is staying out of people's heads.

DWarriorSN

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PA
To be fair, there's a well established reason as to why M'gann is staying out of people's heads.
She can do basic mind reading like she did to Bane, and even then i think the potential prevention of countless deaths outweighs the chance of her frying someone by going too hard since she's wary of what she can do.

They're literally dealing with brainwashing at every other corner, it makes no sense.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
OK watching the episodes are they really
referencing Daphne and Velma with those 2 girls? Or hell the more I watch a lot of scooby doo, including a gender-bent Freddie, his dad from Mystery Incorporated along with the sheriff.

Foltzie

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
OK watching the episodes are they really
referencing Daphne and Velma with those 2 girls? Or hell the more I watch a lot of scooby doo, including a gender-bent Freddie, his dad from Mystery Incorporated along with the sheriff.
Yep and apparently Brooklyn is somewhere in the Adirondacks.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
This whole plan is going to backfire in Batman, Aquaman, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, and Miss Martian's faces. It has to at this point. Especially after this episode.

So this Outsiders team
is basically the Titans in all but name. Even with the tower. Not mad about this at all. I was hoping we'd get something like this. Was not expecting this full line up though but I like it.
This is an OP team.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
This whole plan is going to backfire in Batman, Aquaman, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, and Miss Martian's faces. It has to at this point. Especially after this episode.

So this Outsiders team
is basically the Titans in all but name. Even with the tower. Not mad about this at all. I was hoping we'd get something like this. Was not expecting this full line up though but I like it.
This is an OP team.

I was like ok you got one team.... and named them something.... else

Oct 26, 2017
This episode was literally just fan service for Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated.

Beast Boy is awesome in this show and I'm glad they're showing how good of a leader he can be. As the poster above mentioned, Batman and co.'s secret meetups are gonna backfire in the face of the younger heroes.

I'm also wondering just when Terra is gonna go heel.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The Scooby Doo stuff was really strange.

Agreed that Beast Boy's leader role is good for him, it's something new and they're really doing interesting stuff with him that Titans probably wouldn't get the chance to do with Dick around. Even back in S1 the show let Aqualad take the reigns over Dick.

And yeah the adult's schemes aren't going to go well. also fuuuuuuuuck this show for letting Baker voice the sheriff, at this point it's a running gag he does a different accent each episode.

Poor Jay :(

Oct 25, 2017
Scooby Doo thing was weird because it was so specifically Mystery Incorporated.
If it wasn't a parody i'd figure it was just them giving some love to a fellow well received CN show that was also screwed over at that exact time they were (2010-2013)

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
This episode was literally just fan service for Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated.

Beast Boy is awesome in this show and I'm glad they're showing how good of a leader he can be. As the poster above mentioned, Batman and co.'s secret meetups are gonna backfire in the face of the younger heroes.

I'm also wondering just when Terra is gonna go heel.

Yup. All of this.

That alarm is one hell of an alarm lol. Freakin' Gar couldn't have picked a better sound.

Real interested to see how good of a leader Gar can be.