• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How long is the free trial and when do I need to subscribe to watch the full season using it? I can't stomach paying for this service given the state of their movies but I need to see this. I am also patient, obviously.

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I can't be worse than Dragon Prince.

I just need my teen angst and awkward super hero cringe momements

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Any confirmed roster yet? I'm really eager to see this series do a take on The Ray.

Last edited:

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
i mean, it does seem crazy to fund a back door pilot for a Hawk and Dove show instead of ponying up for a better animation studio for the show with a dedicated built in audience
They aren't funding a back door pilot for Hawk and Dove and they're using the same studio they've always used

Last edited:

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Even from the initial trailer, you can tell the animation looks off.
Like some cheap flash animation.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Bleh, that's too bad, as the previous season were generally pretty good in that regard, but still excited either way.

Also really hope for some good stuff with Stephanie Brown here. <3

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While you're waiting y'all should read the Outsiders comic if you want some closure between M'gann and Conner.

Honestly the weirdest thing about is that Beast Boy has relationship advice that feels way too mature for his character

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
While you're waiting y'all should read the Outsiders comic if you want some closure between M'gann and Conner.

Honestly the weirdest thing about is that Beast Boy has relationship advice that feels way too mature for his character
It's direct continuity?

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whew fucking boy I see why they haven't shown M'Gann in any of the promo work.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did not see that setup coming but given the season subtitle it makes a lot of sense.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Yikes :/

Still excited

Certainly noticeable going off trailer footage, especially between movement frames. I wonder what MOI and Lotto Animation are up to these days? The first two seasons perfectly captured the angular (?) character design and fluid animation I also loved in A:TLA/TLOK.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Finished the first episode, I... didn't have a problem with the animation quality.

It is a table setting episode, a lot of different moving pieces.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I... didn't have a problem with the animation quality.
Also same, it seems more or less like average S2 quality.

EDIT: While it doesn't do any explicitly direct parallels, I can't imagine this being on CN. This season is really fucking political in a way that feels real.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Since I'm home sick I get to watch this now. First episode down and I have this stupid smile on my face even when some of the dark stuff was happening. I'm so glad this show is back and I'm glad the first episode is pretty strong.

One of my concerns was the animation but I think so far my only issue was the scenes I saw in the preview they put out. There is a group shot from the end of season 2 that is replayed and there is one scene that looks really bad but that's was it I think that stood out to me. I have clue what happen there or that was even allowed. There is cheaper animation and then there is this. It reminded me of how sometimes the Hunter x Hunter manga can look really bad.

What I'm fulling expecting is certain things to look cheaper and other things to look really well animated as the budget is focused on more important sections. I'm used to that with other shows. Dragon Ball Super is notorious for this. As long as it doesn't get horrible like that one scene I think I'll be okay. So I'm looking forward to the episode where they burn the budget for the episode on one fight scene.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well that was depressing. Fair warning to everyone: A lot of bad things happen to kids in this.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah this isn't Young Justice season 1 or 2. Just like how season 2 got darker and more mature the same can be said for season 3 but even more so. The fact this current story is centered around kids makes it even more dark. Not overly so but I don't think you should show this to young kids as there are some things here that could be consider nightmare fuel for them or just an adult that really sensitive. They don't have to censor things here. I like the current team line up. It's a combination I wouldn't have expected.
Nightwing, Artemis, Black Lightning, Superboy, Halo, and it looks like GeoForce with Oracle providing support.

I really enjoyed the first three episodes. It's a lot more serialize then I was expecting as well. I wonder if they'll continue that going forward. The first three episodes play like one big episode just broken up into three parts.

Last edited:

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
yeah this is definitely more of a dark/mature season. but i love it so far.

Didn't think they'd show kids being killed so easily. And the whole human trafficking thing, great story so far. also is the baron a exclusive character or an actual comic character?

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yeah this is definitely more of a dark/mature season. but i love it so far.

Didn't think they'd show kids being killed so easily. And the whole human trafficking thing, great story so far. also is the baron a exclusive character or an actual comic character?
yeah Baron Bedlam is a thing

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2f12745f-4d4e-4c4d-a8ca-b727c7bb3cb5.png

Something about GA's new gloves seems weirdly lingerie-esque

KrAzY

Sep 2, 2018
Sucks this is only US :(... hopefully they branch off/Netflix gets it for later.