• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

andymoogle

Oct 27, 2017
A black man hanging from a tree during BLM protests is highly suspicious to say the least. Especially when it was quickly deemed a suicide.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Hanged from a tree near city hall with no video anywhere.

This man was lynched. It was a message to the community and not some poor guy who took his own life.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
Needs to be an investigation. Condolences to the family and friends of Robert Fuller.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I say this in every one of these threads and people don't listen, but sometimes people kill themselves. While the imagery is obviously loaded and more effort should be taken to determine the cause of death in these cases, given just this info, it's always far more likely to be a suicide than a lynching without any other evidence. And its incredibly unhealthy and insensitive to turn every instance into a lynching conspiracy. It's quite understandable why any conclusions the police come up with are distrusted, though, and I'd support more independent review in these cases.

What is the point of saying all this and then calling for an independent investigation?

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
This is honestly crazy and is going to blow up, i'm scared of where this is going to lead but i very much hope justice is served. Condolences to the family.

ProfessorLobo

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
And stop doing that.

A black guy is found dead in a process that was used to kill black people for centuries and you come in here saying "WELL ACKUSALLY"

It doesn't make you wise. It doesn't make you smart. It doesn't make you morally superior. You just look like a self righteous asshole..
By trying to shut down conspiracy theories so anyone affected by the suicide can find peace?

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
I'm hesitant to say outright it was a lynching, but the police rushing to call it a suicide and everything going on makes this shit HIGHLY suspect.

Hopefully they'll get an independent investigation and autopsy done, because you obviously cant trust the officials for anything like this, especially right now if they're worried about this setting off a powder keg in the area if it turns out it was a lynching.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
That's harsh, the poor lad. I feel sorry for the family too. Horrible thing that.

Maybe it was suicide. Public suicides are uncommon but do happen. But fuck me, it's a bit poignant during a period where we're really fighting for equality that a black man is found hung off a tree like he's been lynched. I really hope they get an independent autopsy and this gets investigated properly.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
this happened to danye jones after ferguson. deandre joshua and darren seals were both shot and found in burning cars.

Hazzuh

Oct 28, 2017
You have to wonder how many lynchings happen every year that never even get national news coverage.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Not related to this death in particular, but this also happened at the neighboring city of Lancaster. With Robert's death and this killing here, I'm really worried given I live near these cities. And the sad part, the police in the sheriff's department don't wear body cams.

floridaguy954

Oct 29, 2017
So yeah, that was a fucking lie.

They really expect us to believe this shit?!!!
In 2006 the FBI put out a memo that white nationalists infiltration in US police forces was a threat to national security. Our national leaders were too busy killing Middle Easterners to care.
To be honest, the police were national terrorist LONG before the FBI "officially" discovered it (by either aiding or actively engaging in racism-charged terrorism).

Last edited:

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Bullshit Man to the Rescue:

17f3937f739c435a01e61ce070a4e367.jpg

---

Fucking hell it's obviously extremely suspicious considering the climate, I don't like to start conspiracies but it sounds like police were involved with they lynching because it was covered up so fast!

Android

Oct 28, 2017
Vancouver
I've looked at several hi-def photos of the exterior of that fire station facing the square and, unfortunately, I can't find any evidence of any cameras posted outside.

lDiX8tR.jpg
I cant figure out how to upload an image but there is a camera I believe just under the roof on the corner closest to us, right above the little brick wall's corner and door and windows. Black dome thing hanging underneath.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I have never once (besides that one forest in Japan) heard of person committing suicide from a tree. A house, barn, bridge, structure? yeah. Never a tree
edit

well there you go, I stand corrected

One of my best friends in college hanged himself from a tree in a park.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully there can be an independent autopsy that will show whether there is any evidence of foul play. Could be a suicide (it happens), but considering the type of people you guys say live there, the long history of lynchings in this country, the quickness with which it was ruled suicide before investigation, and everything happening right now across the nation, a lynching seems well within the realm of possiblity, and a quick suicide ruling rather suspect.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
Could've easily been done by either a cop or a civilian. Especially during these times. The fact that this happened during a time when police are being called out for brutality and change/progress is actually happening, it seems more like a warning.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
I looked up a non-gated article and it said they hadn't ruled it a suicide, it's just their preliminary thought in the investigation because there were no defensive wounds, and because of the way the rope was tied to the tree. The police are reviewing video surveillance from nearby businesses and streets to see if he was by himself or with others.

Sounds like it was city officials jumping the gun over the investigation itself.

Guddha

Sep 5, 2019
The Clu Cops Clan trying to murder as many people as they can before the hammer comes down.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, no. There needs to be a full investigation from a third party source. No one is is going to take the cops word for it that this was a suicide and rightfully so.

UberTag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kitchener, ON
I cant figure out how to upload an image but there is a camera I believe just under the roof on the corner closest to us, right above the little brick wall's corner and door and windows. Black dome thing hanging underneath.
Yeah, I looked at that - and bearing in mind that this is not the most recent of photos - it's not a camera at this point in time at least.

QSUCNkq.jpg

Thing is, there are places all around this square that should at least have a vantage point to show people coming and going even if they can't see the tree where Robert was directly hung from. The Scramblez Cafe (which looks to have amazing food, incidentally) faces out towards the square just a little further than the fire station. No cameras there that I could see. Even the Palmdale City of Commerce and City Hall itself face the park where the square is located. You'd think they'd have cameras of some kind.

The fact that they cited "traffic cams" of all things seems odd to me because this isn't the kind of area where non-recording traffic cams would be posted. The highway a block north of the square would be... but not here.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So yeah, that was a fucking lie.

They really expect us to believe this shit?!!!

To be honest, the police were national terrorist LONG before the FBI "officially" discovered it (by either aiding or actively engaging in racism-charged terrorism).
Of course but they openly snitched on themselves. There was no plausible deniability anymore.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Uhhhhh

ANOTHER...I REPEAT....ANOTHER BLACK MAN WAS FOUND HANGING FROM A TREE IN VICTORVILLE CA AND THEY WANT TO SAY NO FOUL PLAY WAS INVOLVED. LESS THAN 60 MILES AWAY FROM WHERE ROBERT FULLER WAS FOUND HANGING FROM A TREE. https://vvng.com/sheriffs-department-says-foul-play-not-suspected-after-black-man-found-hanging-in-tree-near-victorville-city-library/… GET. THIS. OUT. WE NEED JUSTICE.

This one happened first. Says May 31st on the article. Went ignored for almost 2 full weeks before it happened again. Just got swept under the rug

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
With news stories like these, I can honestly perfectly understand where people in the US come from when they ask for the police to be abolished. Anarchy is better than to have a state funded force out there to kill you, and look the other way when people are lynching you (or perhaps support it), if you are black.

Agentnibs

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There's reports of another black man found hanging from a tree in Houston. There's a video floating on twitter :/

I don't even know what to say, this is despicable