• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida

cfm_mikulogi_2eng.png

www.gematsu.com

Hatsune Miku Logic Paint S launches March 18

Hatsune Miku Logic Paint S will launch for Switch via the Nintendo eShop on March 18 for $14.00 / 1,500 yen, Crypton Future Media announced. The game will be available at a 25 percent-off discount …

www.nintendo.com

Hatsune Miku Logic Paint S for Nintendo Switch - Nintendo Official Site

Buy Hatsune Miku Logic Paint S and shop other great Nintendo products online at the official My Nintendo Store.

It's normally $14, but it's $10.50 until the end of the month.

OP
OP
JB2448

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
What happened to that Sega Picross game Jupiter promised last year?
It was supposed to release last year according to the Bitsummit page announcing it, but it's still in development. COVID sucks.

Jupiter | BitSummit

毎年京都で開催している日本最大級のインディーゲームの祭典 です / Japan’s Industry-Leading Independent Game Development Festival in Kyoto

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Good to see they gave this a big visual and feature upgrade over the original game on mobile which was a decidedly mediocre package. Looks like a fairly solid picross title

Mugman

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I know literally nothing about Hatsune Miku but the music was good and I'm always down for more Picross

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, $14? That's rather expensive considering most of the picross titles go for around $10 or less & Murder By Numbers has the excuse of being a VN so the higher price is justified. Well, got $6 in gold coins & being at a discount may make me give in. I could play my new PS5 I just got earlier this week, but it's more picross.

Also paging Bigkrev

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Uhhhhh

They didn't translate the titles of the songs. That's kind of annoying.

Least the game does the thing of automatically filling in Xs when you finish a row or column

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Sorry to bump this up, but they put out a recent update that makes the game more annoying to play after it. You can still hold down the paint button to mark multiple spots in a row, but you can no longer do that for the X or the temporary mark buttons. You have to push the button for each spot, which is more tedious than it was a week ago. They also added an Assist option in the settings that keeps it from graying out numbers when you've done them right, but it doesn't affect the dragging move either way.

It was one of the better Picross clones as far as how it controlled, but this update knocked it down a notch.

yyr

Nov 14, 2017
White Plains, NY
Does this picross support the touchsreen?

Does ANY???

When this game was on sale recently I saw it and got excited. Then I read the description and saw that touch was not supported. Hard pass.

I'm currently playing Picross e4 on my 3DS (after having completed 1-3) and can't imagine playing it without touch. At least I have e5-e8 waiting in the wings, and by then I'll have forgotten all of the puzzles so I can then just start over I guess?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to bump this up, but they put out a recent update that makes the game more annoying to play after it. You can still hold down the paint button to mark multiple spots in a row, but you can no longer do that for the X or the temporary mark buttons. You have to push the button for each spot, which is more tedious than it was a week ago. They also added an Assist option in the settings that keeps it from graying out numbers when you've done them right, but it doesn't affect the dragging move either way.

It was one of the better Picross clones as far as how it controlled, but this update knocked it down a notch.
I....what? What kind of update REMOVES a QoL feature? That has to be some kind of error. I keep forgetting I need to go back to this, but between S6 & this update, that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Captain of Outer Space

Come Sale Away With Me
Oct 28, 2017
Does this picross support the touchsreen?

Does ANY???
I don't think any of the Picross games and clones have touch support.

I....what? What kind of update REMOVES a QoL feature? That has to be some kind of error. I keep forgetting I need to go back to this, but between S6 & this update, that's not gonna happen anytime soon.
Yeah, I don't know why they'd remove that stuff from the game. It doesn't help that they don't really have much in the way of options to tailor the game to play how you want like Jupiter's Picross games do.

japtor

Jan 19, 2018
It added a random music option (yay). But messed up the control input (boo).

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
More Picross is good. I still haven't caught up on the S series though.

I like the idea of a SEGA themed one mentioned above!

They also added an Assist option in the settings that keeps it from graying out numbers when you've done them right
I don't understand why this option was removed going from Picross E to S. Having numbers greyed out makes the game a lot easier, even if it doesn't actually check if they're correct.

GlassCup64

Dec 16, 2017
I've been chipping away at this since release. It has a decent amount of Vocaloid music and unlockable artwork. I would recommend it to Picross and Vocaloid fans alike. Shame about the recent marking change - hopefully it gets fixed in a patch.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
I don't think any of the Picross games and clones have touch support.
I really can't understand this trend... They should be aware they're losing buyers because of this, right?
I you ever played picross on the ds, 3ds, tablet or phone you would expect touchscreen support for these kind of games. And if there was a pc version it would be absurd if you couldn't use the mouse, too.

It's not like most people will want to play picross on the big screen anyways, but having optional touchscreen or gyro doesn't make it worse for those who prefer buttons.

Murder by Numbers is a really fun game, but I haven't finished it yet because of this. It's way easier on the hands for both visual novels and puzzle games to allow us to tap the screen for advancing texts or selecting certain spots instead of precisely moving the joystick until you get there and pressing A, over and over and over.

I hurt my left hand recently and the only game I can play right now on my switch is Do Not Feed the Monkeys or mobile game ports, because everything else uses the joystick. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited: