• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Spike: You've come here to pump me for information?
Buffy: What else would I pump you for?
Buffy: ..........I can't believe I just said that.

A completely unnecessary exchange just to show the "cleverness" of the show's sexual innuendos. So much didn't age well. At all.

Ramala

Oct 28, 2017
Santa Monica, LA
User Banned (3 Days): Boys Club Rhetoric
I actually didn't hear what she said because all the blood in my body goes rushing to my nether regions when she's on screen. Sorry, what were we talking about.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
Bad pussy line>
D7CW2KhXYAAxE7X.jpg
Hahaha holy shit this in context wins.

It was unbelievable when I heard this the first time. And from arya!

Pedrito

Nov 4, 2017
"I had sex and now dad is dead. He died a horrible death because I had incredible sex"

Last edited:

Deleted member 56065

User-requested account closure
Apr 18, 2019
"How I Met Your Mother" completely blowing the opportunity to say the title of the show is a pretty strong contender.
Probably because it turned out he was telling the story of how he wanted to bang aunt Robin and just wanted his kids permission after their mother died.
"And this, kids, is the story of how i want to bang that girl that sayed multiple times she did not love me" is probably not a good title.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Probably because it turned out he was telling the story of how he wanted to bang aunt Robin and just wanted his kids permission after their mother died.
"And this, kids, is the story of how i want to bang that girl that sayed multiple times she did not love me" is probably not a good title.
Is that really how the show ended....

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Dorne was bad and the line made me wince, but it was very on brand for both of those characters and their interactions so I never really thought it didn't fit. It was just...

<shiver>

Kemal86

Oct 25, 2017
The worst True Detective Season 2 line is by far when Vince says "paper mache" twice in a row while having an existential crisis laying in bed with his wife.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
That very same show had much h more oenis jokes and
Why would they have 21st century slang in a medieval setting?

Fuck, the fact the she even uses the word "pussy" instead of the more period-apprporapraie "cunt" or "quim" makes me want to gouge my eyes out.
They stopped talking like fantasy characters and devolved in soy marveldialogue around 2014 2015

Ofcourse the seeds of reddit guy tyrion lannister predate season 5

Cant believe they changed him killing shae to be self defense in show canon wtf

OP
OP
El Bombastico

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That very same show had much h more oenis jokes and

They stopped talking like fantasy characters and devolved in soy marveldialogue around 2014 2015

Ofcourse the seeds of reddit guy tyrion lannister predate season 5

Cant believe they changed him killing shae to be self defense in show canon wtf

Tyrion killing Shae in cold blood after she begged for her life like in the books would've made him completely unlikeable for too many people. I can see why they changed it, even if it personally wouldn't have bothered me.

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Tyrion killing Shae in cold blood after she begged for her life like in the books would've made him completely unlikeable for too many people. I can see why they changed it, even if it personally wouldn't have bothered me.
Tyrion is suppose to be evil

Removing that makes him a pointless character as evidenced by whatever tyrion did in the 2nd half of the show besides have bad dialogue and bad ideas

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017

Removing that makes him a pointless character as evidenced by whatever tyrion did in the 2nd half of the show besides have bad dialogue and bad ideas

I don't think he's supposed to be evil. He's supposed to he rotten, like someone so full of self-loathing that he just brings misery wherever he goes. Evil implies that he actively seeks to hurt everyone.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining

He was but unfortunately the second people started walking around with this shirt (or the hundreds of versions similar to it).

never-forget-who-you-are---tyrion-lannister-quote-baseball-t-shirt-black-red.jpg

There was a 0% chance the writers weren't gonna start pivoting his character.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

I know it's not TV but this line has always been the most embarrassing writing ever

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
All the signs were there after they moved past the books. People just didnt want to believe in them.

Honestly the signs were there season 1. It was clear that without the books those two snakes couldn't write their way out of a paper bag. Every time they added scenes not in the book or tried to change things up it was for the worse

Window

Oct 27, 2017
B

This is a parody of the dialogue, right? I dare you to find a YouTube clip of this because it doesn't exist. Was Nick inspired by the Architect dialogue in Matrix Reloaded?
Sounds more like an attempt at Deadwood styles theatrical dialogue. So much of that depends on delivery but as it's written it doesn't appear terrible.

JasonV

Oct 25, 2017
This right here, this fucking line. Like 6 years later and it's still engrained into my lizard brain, it'll never forget it. I kinda love Pizzaman for writing so goddamn insane and thinking, "NAILED IT".
I think after everyone noticed Pizzaman plagiarised Rusts dialogue from Thomas Ligotti people should have known he was a hack... But season 2 was the pinnacle of bad writing.

Deleted member 52442

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
All the signs were there after they moved past the books. People just didnt want to believe in them.

Honestly the signs were there season 1. It was clear that without the books those two snakes couldn't write their way out of a paper bag. Every time they added scenes not in the book or tried to change things up it was for the worse

D and D were pretty bad but they were solid when it came to adapting - they gave us Ros, the chaos is a ladder scene, and the power is power scene

Then just stopped applying themselves and let their arrogance take over

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dorne must be the first time where I felt that GoT was incredibly cheap looking

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't make sense. I've read it ten times and am still lost.
I get what he's saying just 'cus I've read this quote a billion times but the "in a casual sense" still makes no sense to me. You remove that and while the quote is convoluted as hell, you can tell what he's saying, but that last part just throws everything into a loop.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
D and D were pretty bad but they were solid when it came to adapting - they gave us Ros, the chaos is a ladder scene, and the power is power scene

Then just stopped applying themselves and let their arrogance take over
IDK, Ros had some moments but was often a bit eye rolling with the dialogue and sexposition, and sort of think the directing did a lot of the heavy lifting for what was a pretty contrived speech, and the power is power scene kind of alluded to the tendency of D and D to dumb down their characters to make the script go where they want it.

I think the books simply pulled them back from their more natural, awful tendencies as writers, and once that was gone the shit gates flung open pretty quickly.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I actually didn't hear what she said because all the blood in my body goes rushing to my nether regions when she's on screen. Sorry, what were we talking about.

I have a theory that men are about the same level of horniness.... but men, for some reason, seem to need to talk about it like ALLLL the tiiiime. 🙄
He was but unfortunately the second people started walking around with this shirt (or the hundreds of versions similar to it).

never-forget-who-you-are---tyrion-lannister-quote-baseball-t-shirt-black-red.jpg

There was a 0% chance the writers weren't gonna start pivoting his character.

My eyes went cross reading that