• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Check on people first (wife, friends, relatives). Then on history in general and what did I miss on the larger scale (who became President, state of climate change, any big breakthroughs in science, did we have any wars, etc). That would naturally include tech (I'd be extra interested in where VR/AR is at). Then media in general (movies, TV, video games).

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
The only two questions that matter are whether my parents are alive and whether my sibling is okay. Personally, I don't know if I'd be bitter about losing 25 years of my life or if I'd be grateful to have any life at all.

Regardless, my skills and my knowledge in 2044 will be trivial, and my savings are basically zero, so I can't see myself doing anything other than slaving away on a subsistence-level job (assuming they still exist) and wallowing in the climate crisis as it hits its inflection point.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
After asking for my family and friends I'd ask if my Knicks won a championship....I would probably know the answer :(

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I look for my wife and kids.

My son would be 33 and my daughter would be 28, hopefully well into whatever they chosen to do with their lives, maybe grand kids..

I wouldn't hold it against my wife if she moved on and found someone new.

I'd also want to check to see if the NHL Seattle franchise won a Stanley Cup before he Mariniers played in a World Series

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
"You reconnect with those closest to you"...
OP, I'm guessing you are quite young and sheltered, because losing 25 years of your life would be completely devastating to you and your closed ones, family and friends, and priorities 1, 2 and 3 should probably to check on your spouse, kids, siblings, parents, and friends.
I can't even imagine going from 47 to 72 and missing 25 years of my kids growing up (8 & 10)... Not counting my wife having to raise them on her own, or even having to divorce me and having now a whole new life.
Videogame series would be the last of my worries tbh.

fick

Alt-Account
Banned
Nov 24, 2018
I'd hook myself into future VR and spend the rest of my life doing that.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
"You reconnect with those closest to you"...
OP, I'm guessing you are quite young and sheltered, because losing 25 years of your life would be completely devastating to you and your closed ones, family and friends, and priorities 1, 2 and 3 should probably to check on your spouse, kids, siblings, parents, and friends.
I can't even imagine going from 47 to 72 and missing 25 years of my kids growing up (8 & 10)... Not counting my wife having to raise them on her own, or even having to divorce me and having now a whole new life.
Videogame series would be the last of my worries tbh.

Yeah, I'd be really tore up to miss 25 years of my family, honestly that might tip me into some serious depression

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Just want to say I find this bit particularly interesting...

Your interests and maturity level are the same, as mentally, you were 25 years younger just yesterday.

Having lived 44 years on this planet, I can say that my interests and maturity level have not changed dramatically in the past 25 years. Sure I am a bit more mature, but that is more based on societal conventions than anything else. Also life experience. I am a big believer in you learn from mistakes. So I am no doubt wiser since I have lived more time on this earth, however I do feel like I am basically the same level of maturity. I just have a much better understanding and grasp on my emotions.

Just had to comment on that part as now that I am a bit older, I find it incredibly fascinating many younger people have this preconceived notion you change dramatically as you get older. I know I did. I thought that shit as well. But for the most part, I feel like you primarily stay the same. Just your responsibilities change and thus your overall outlook does. I still pretty much enjoy the exact same stuff though.

With that all said, if this hypothetical situation happened to myself, I'd probably just make a very concentrated effort to move forward and not dwell on the past. What's done is done, especially in this make believe scenario, and I believe it would only lead to an immense sadness trying to make up for lost time.

Gabriel

Oct 25, 2017
All my family would be dead, and I'd be an old man in my 70's that would be weak and feeble from being comatose for 25 years, needing tons of physical therapy. I'd basically be screwed. Hello nursing home life!
I'm sure my concerns would revolve around "can I make it to the restroom without falling down and breaking my hip". Some excitement.

Yoshi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I would hope that my wife and son would be informed and I would not have to put much effort in to getting to see them. I would want to hear all about what they were up to the last 25 years first and foremost. My son cannot even talk properly yet, yet in 25 years, h would probably already have a job...

Also after 25 years of coma I would probably not function properly (at first or ever again) anyway. So this would be all remaining worries for now.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'd probably ask if Trump and his corrupt family ever went to jail and what became of the Republican Party. Hopefully he'd be well past dead by then anyway. Also where's the nearest Apple Store, I wanna check out the new iPhones. Hopefully my credit card still works.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Looking up my kid takes too priority. He's autistic and by now would be about 36. Making sure he was able to grow.

Next I would look for the rest of my family. I'm sure my wife would have moved on so I put her priority lower on the list to save heartbreak. Is mom and dad still alive? When did grandma and grandpa go? What has the family been up to?

Next news. What major events have happened. I'm sure people would be ready and willing to tell me even before I had a chance to research. Imagine someone in a coma during 9/11 - you would be dying to tel them.

Pop culture news would be next when I settled down. And I would start binging what I missed: blockbuster movies, tv shows that look great, etc.

Barberetti

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'd be 78, so

1. Get a night's supply of beer in.
2. Check on my sisters family, a few other relatives, and close friends.
3. Get shitfaced.

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
If I woke up tomorrow after 25 years of coma I would be in trouble considering I was only 5 months old when I fell into the coma

Boddy

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How Could 25 years have passed if it's tomorrow?
Must be a sick joke.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
25 years into the future? Fuck, I'd be jobless first of all, I missed out on climbing the career ladder. But hey, its the future so maybe UBI is a thing? I dunno. First thing I'd do would be to check out how Supernatural finished, who the Doctor has been portrayed by all these years and if the Wheel of Time ever gained the popularity it deserves. Oh and I guess check out Pokemon Gen 15 or whatever.

Chojin

Oct 26, 2017
"My poor dick!" "I'm 64? I can retire? Sweet!"

But for real my daughter would be 27. I would find out if she was okay first.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
98% of anything I do now is for my kids, so I'm not sure where I'd go or what I'd do when I woke up and they were as old as I am now. That's some existential horror shit.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Is Shenmue 4 out yet? Did they finish FF7 part 2? Did Ico get an HD remake? Is PS9 real? Did Cheeto get death by McDonald's dollar cheese burger? If not, jail? Also the turtle.

Did Epic beat out Steam and lead to the one console future for gaming?

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah ... My mind just keeps going to media overload.

Binge everything Dragon Ball.
My Hero Academia.
Get everything made by my favorite directors.
Video games definitely wouldnt be as easy, but damn that's like 5 3D Zelda's. Maybe 3 2D ones.
We'll be at 1600 Pokemon.

jontin

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
I would live my life in constant terror of 25 year old movie spoilers.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I check on my family first. Next I see how many Superbowls Patrick Mahomes won. Finally, I look into news/movies. Honestly, I doubt any of us alive would recognize the President 25 years from now.
Clinton, Bush Jr., Obama, Carter, etc... would all have been unknowns 25 years prior to becoming elected.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
Wake up to some 80s synth pop, get out of the hospital as quickly as possible and rebuild my PMC on the coast of Africa and start from the bottom again. Then later transfer into the US government as I leave my second in command in charge of my oil rig base.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I'd be worried about my friends and family. I'd also be worried about the fact that I'm 50 and have the job experience and skills of someone straight out of college 25 years ago. I'd probably be fucked on the job market compared to my peers. And be worried about only having ~30-50 years left to live, maybe less.