• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When I hear AC, I think of ...

• Assassin's Creed

Votes: 831 41.8%
  • Animal Crossing

Votes: 367 18.5%
  • Astral Chain

Votes: 7 0.4%
  • Ace Combat

Votes: 35 1.8%
  • Air conditioning

Votes: 658 33.1%
  • Something else

Votes: 89 4.5%

• Total voters

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Generally Assassin's Creed. But on this forum due to its popularity it's Animal Crossing, at least till it's not flavour of the month anymore. But anywhere else people say AC to mean Assassin's Creed.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
asherons-call-boss.jpg

This! I'm not the only one that remembers the GOAT mmo. I can leave this thread happy.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
My brain is weirdly trained where if I'm on a general gaming board I assume it's Assassin's Creed but if it's Nintendo Centric I assume it's Animal Crossing. Outside of specifically gaming places, I tend to assume it's Animal Crossing, mostly because Assassin's Creed doesn't get mentioned that much this year.

Grimmy11

Oct 28, 2017
I've played hundreds of hours of Animal Crossing in the last few months but for me it still means Assassins Creed.

Deleted member 19533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If your first thought isn't air conditioning you need to stop gaming
Context matters I suppose. If you're reading a topic of a gaming forum and air conditioning is what pops in your head first, IDK.

But, who am I to talk. Every time I see "LTTP" I think Link to the Past. "Link to the Past: Read Dead Redemption 2," is what I see.

I hate acronyms anyway. Especially here. I literally see new ones I need to google several times a week. People are way to big on acronyms.

Last edited:

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Still Assassin's Creed. Though Animal Crossing didn't really hook me. It's still pretty easy to tell which one someone is referring to though. GoW is less so.

Ser Ignatius

Chicken Chaser
Apr 15, 2020
Asheron's Call always comes to mind first followed by "Oh, I bet they are actually talking about Assassin's Creed."

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
Whats with the "still Asscreed" responses when it was late to the party? Animal Crossing was earlier and still relevant.

Don't think I've ever heard air conditioning called AC irl, it's always air con.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
Lol I thought I had deja vu when I read this, although I guess the last thread was specifically for gaming. I think my answer is still Assassin's Creed, we don't have much air conditioning in the UK and we usually shorten it to "Aircon" rather than AC whenever we do talk about it.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
It completely depends on the context.

On some general gaming forum its Ass Creed.

If I know I'm in some place more Nintendo centric then Animal Crossing

Its pretty obvious when someone is using AC acronym in the context of air conditioning. "Is my AC broke/on/working? How's the AC?" and so on like that.

If I'm looking up electrical shit its alternating current

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
In the context of seeing it on this forum, definitely game-related and not air conditioners. I don't see that much outside of the Homeowner's thread.

So Assassin's Creed for me. Never played Animal Crossing. So when I see "AC Horizon" or whatever, I get this weird mix-up between Assassin's Creed, Zero Dawn, and Elite: Dangerous.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I only see AC as air conditioning. Ass Creed is how the Ubisoft franchise goes, not out of insult but just shorthand.