• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
I never cared about MP in the series, but I admit Unity was fun in coop. With a good teammate(s) it's actually pretty great.

OP
OP
TheCthultist

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
TF2 existed for years before Assasin's Creed added multiplayer modes and was STILL active for years more after they removed it and that's an online shooter game where the easiest class to be MVP with is The Medic whose usually kill number is a proud zero.
You just reminded me that it's been at least two years since I've booted up TF2... are they still updating at all? And did the final comic ever end up coming out?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it was pretty cool. SpyParty seems like a fun take on that style of multiplayer with similar ideas at its foundation.

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
You might be in extreme minority. There are enough MP games in the market that AC being only Single Player is the best decision for that franchise.

BratmanDu

Mar 27, 2018
Ah it was so good, brushing past someone for poison, then watching it take effect after a couple of seconds. The invasion/hacking in watchdogs 1/2 is not dissimilar, in that you pretend to be an npc. But shame there's nothing else lile AC multiplayer.

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I liked Unity' co-op since I could do it as a single player, no other players required.

I liked Black Flag Wolfpack mode, since I could play it as a single player.

The other games, and the other modes in Black Flag I did not love due to the inability to play against bots, which essentially killed my ability to play them. Black Flag on PS4 still has players, but I cannot compete against the 10.000+ hour people.

I don't like playing with other people, especially if I have to compete against them, that is just no fun to me. I barely tolerate Co-op because my target is still the CPU.

Deleted member 1627

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AC MP was amazing. And I agree that the Ship et al don't have that same sense of anarchy and tension reach the same highs.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Brotherhood's multiplayer was fantastic. It was basically hide and seek on steroids and I loved it. It was so unique. Not gonna lie, I was also really good at it lol.

I didn't like the multiplayer as much in Revelations or any of the other games that followed Brotherhood. The characters and maps weren't as memorable and something about them just never captured the same magic for me. Brotherhood had a few balancing issues but it just felt like lightning in a bottle for me.

Even though I didn't end up liking Revelations' multiplayer as much, this trailer still gets me so hyped up. And Revelations was definitely a close second to Brotherhood out of all the other AC multiplayer modes.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Brotherhood MP in those early days was amazing. It was the Uncharted 2 MP moment of 2010 (mutiplayer modes that shouldn't have worked but they did).
Unfortunately it died to damn quickly. Revelation MP was more of an expansion, but since not a lot of people were fans of Revelations it wasn't as popular.
3 is when they started f-ing it up. Black Flag was okay but by that point the MP had lost its fun factor by the milking of the franchise.
Unity was solid though, they should have gave Co-Op missions another shot.

Of course the trophies they had were absolutely ridiculous. Never did get the Brotherhood Platinum T_T

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
I think this should return but as separate game so they dodnt need to release it every 1-2 years and they can keep updating it. It was indeed great.

Now, coop on AC like Unity? Hope it never returns. One of the biggest problems of unity is that coop made it worse for every piece of singleplayer content in the game. Oh! You want to play singleplayer a core mission were we ask 4 players? Enjoy it because it was planned for 4 and we are not going to change it in any form for 1.
Also the story of unity was a fucking mess because of multi. History jumped all over the place and its a pity because french revolution is pretty interesting.

It's not really like it, but it really reminds me of another game from Ubisoft, called Werewolves Within.

Obviously different, it's more of a classic whodunit/mafia style game where you deduce who among you is the culprit. I never played it but it always looked interesting

Meh
Ive played this so much irl that i started hating it (the cards game werewolf). It turns boring pretty fast and the only good thing is being with friends. VR and randoms are going to make the game worse basically.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I always loved the idea of people hunting and being hunted in AC. It never really worked out well but the coop stuff in later games was excellent fun.

Nov 2, 2017
One little thing held it back for me. Walking on rooftops should've been a high profile action. So many stupid moments with lines of people slow-chasing each other across a roof.

Loved everything else pretty much.