• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
It is kinda of soothing and not as distracting as I would have thought. I have it set to the best superhero colors, Red and Blue. I kinda want some of those RGB cables that pulse

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
I usually just have it set to a solid color but I like the fact that I can change that color whenever I want to. At work I have made my keyboard as obnoxious as possible though with a ton of different lighting setups just to make others made. It's ace.

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
I usually just have it set to a solid color but I like the fact that I can change that color whenever I want to. At work I have made my keyboard as obnoxious as possible though with a ton of different lighting setups just to make others made. It's ace.
I couldn't do it on a keyboard, I don't even like Numlock or Capslock lights

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
Not gonna lie I thought you were going to talk about your views on Supreme Court justices at first.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
I do love my cheap RGB lightstrip. I just have it on the back of my desk, and it provides a nice bit of warmth to the setup.

My keyboard on the other hand, is insane.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Putting RGB in your case and a little figurine on your GPU are scientifically proven to make your computer run faster.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Putting RGB in your case and a little figurine on your GPU are scientifically proven to make your computer run faster.

ocescazpn9941.png

Mar 3, 2019
How are you gonna make this topic and not show off that RGB glory? lol. Some nice subtle rgb with a glass case really amplifies the design at night for sure

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Haha I still haven't converted. I intentionally bought an all black case with no glass panel. It sits on an elevated bay in the lower section of my desk. You can't see it, and even if you could, it's just a big boring cube.

JackSwift

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Its possible to make it work, its just a lot of the ones i see online are too crazy with too many colors. I personally think 2 colors max, with the colors matching some parts or peripherals or art or anything that accents the whole desk/battle station (chairs, framed art, figures, etc.)

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
RGB on its own is fine. The marketing surrounding it is the annoying thing.

stersauce

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
san jose, ca
welcome to the club. my keyboard cycles between teal, pink, and purple gradients.

i'm actually trying to drop all these rgb lights though :(

OP
OP
Slayven

Slayven

Oct 25, 2017
But there has to be a study on the carbon footprint for RGB

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I can't see any of it, so it doesn't really matter (enclosed case with no windows). My graphics card had RGB first, and I set it when I first got it, and never saw it again. It defaulted at some point when I had to reload software and I didn't notice.

I think my motherboard now has RGB, but again, I can't see it, so not much point in even setting it up.

My mouse has RGB, but it started acting up and not going to sleep when I wasn't using it, so I just turned it off.

Oct 27, 2017
On my desk I have everything that has lighting set to a deep blue light purple gradient. On my motherboard I have the default full rainbow cycling. I left it on because even though I have a fully opaque case and you can't see it outside of it very slightly leaking out of the back, it looks like aurora borealis is going on in there.

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
It is kinda of soothing and not as distracting as I would have thought. I have it set to the best superhero colors, Red and Blue. I kinda want some of those RGB cables that pulse
I was the same way. But my new processor came with an RGB cooler that ended up looking better than I thought it would. After I finally got AURA sync to work I ended up buying an RGB mouse.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
rgb isnt too bad but so much gamery stuff is ugly to begin with so it just feels like a shit sandwhich when its everywhere.
the more sleeker stuff with subtle lighting is really nice.

TheKid

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area
I have a Razr mouse that keeps turning on the rgb light even though I disabled it. I'm about to put electrical tape over it lol.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when RGB was something people had to physically make on their own and mod their PC with. A whole PC modding community built up around it! Then CompUSA started selling some pre-made RGB parts, and made bank, and Razer started lighting up their mice and keyboards, and that started the revolution...

bevishead

Jan 9, 2018
Welcome to RGB love. I have loved RGB since the tend first came around. My PC is half decked out in RGB. I don't want to over do it. I get enough FPS as it is :).

Stop It

Bad Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I just went for one of the colours of RGB.

img_20200607_163122wejsd.jpg

I don't even care about the ridicule I will receive.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I've only known RGB to mean the colour model itself but seems it's a colloquialism for lighting in PC's? Definitely neat. Some can look wank of course but when done well think it definitely gives a boost to the setup without veering too heavily into gamer aesthetic.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
My mouse is a tiny bit RGB and it's an annoyance more than anything. I set it to a solid color to be less distracting.

my keyboard's backlight is not RGB but it's still super strong and somehow manages to light up the room. Don't love that, can dim it but it resets every time it loses power

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I only like it if it's subtle and color matched, which is how I keep my setup. Cool to change it up every now and then, keep it dimmer at night, etc.

Random rainbow colors looping or flashing just doesn't do it for me.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I've only known RGB to mean the colour model itself but seems it's a colloquialism for lighting in PC's? Definitely neat. Some can look wank of course but when done well think it definitely gives a boost to the setup without veering too heavily into gamer aesthetic.

It's just shorthand for RGB lighting.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I have my keyboard pulse colours, and have some profiles set up for different games...

Honestly I don't mind RGB, but I'm not going to go out of my way for it.

Sho Nuff

Jan 6, 2019
Kyoto, JP
I thought you meant your PC had a RGB/SCART connection and I was like "Damn I didn't know you could get those since 1992". So disappointed.