• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Aug 30, 2020
house-river.jpg

A house over a river.

This but at the top of a huge waterfall deep in a forest

NottJim

Animation Programmer
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Look, you want to buy a massive TV, nice car, nice big house etc. knock yourself out. But when you're spending $1.5 million on a mint condition copy of Super Mario 64, well... I couldn't do it. I'd be literally waking up in the middle of the night sweating about how I could have funded a hospital or something.

I also worry that it's a slippery slope, I mean, one day your just burning £20 notes in front of homeless people.

Tory Cambridge University students 'laughed about burning £20 note in front of homeless man'

The next your burning a million quid for... reasons?

K Foundation Burn a Million Quid

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Ha I'd pay an animation studio to make this 5 minute dream video I wish I could make on my own but can't. Cost me a lot, but i'm rich right? why not?

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Someone once posted this like 4 foot diameter marble maze sphere that was like 50 grand. I'd get that shit if I was dummy rich.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
The most frivolous thing over ever semi earnestly wanted was a lazy river moat around my house that I could just float around in an inner tube in

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
I would pay Genki Racing Project enough to make it worthwhile for them to make an officially licensed set of decals for each of the "gangs" and wanderers in the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series. Then I would have fun figuring out which of the cars in my obviously very large collection would be part of team Knife and Forks, which would be team Miracle Dogs, etc. (some would be easy gotta get a Dodge Viper for team Thunder Dragoon).

So yeah the cars don't count but the stickers would definitely be frivolous!

W-00

Oct 27, 2017
I might fall down the figurine rabbit hole, which would collectively add up to way more, but the single most expensive, completely frivolous thing I can see myself buying would be an expensive art tablet with a built-in display. A really, really good one. Which would be frivolous for me because I'm a terrible artist and if I was already wealthy then I obviously wouldn't be drawing for money.

Well, that's what comes to mind at the moment, because right now I'm trying to decide which of a few in the $200 range would be the best.

Oh, I suppose commissioning a bunch of art would count as frivolous, too, wouldn't it? Because I might do that.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just the lottery?

I'd probably buy a dope vanlife van. All the custom bells and whistles. Always wanted one but even if I could afford one, there's no point if I still have to work.

If I get hypothetical huge money, like billions with a B, I'd buy Fox news and either shut it down or revamp it.

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
How big is the jackpot?

If I have enough money, I'd like to see how long I could live in a house built just for me, using sustainable architecture principles, that runs entirely on renewable energy. I'm curious as to how that would work, and if I've got the money for it, why not?

Deleted member 37151

Account closed at user request
Banned
Jan 1, 2018
I'd be a patron. Give some up and coming filmmakers who I liked a couple of mil each to make whatever they wanted.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I wanted a haunted Irish castle and a cheetah.

And maybe if it's a big enough jackpot, a 1:1 recreation of Walt Disney World's Haunted Mansion attraction.

Robaperas

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione II

Lancia-Delta-HF-Integrale-Evo-2-154470.jpg

It's a car, but it's pretty useless, I wouldn't drive it.

Last edited:

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Sealed copy of Mario 64, just to make a video of me throwing it into a volcano because sorry but Croc deserved better

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Probably getting all the physical individual (not 3 pack) volumes of One Piece. Other then that like I would still buy the video game stuff I already do and owning a house is not really frivolous.

Aug 27, 2018
There are several animation cels from the first 10 seasons of the Simpsons I have always wanted. Then I would start a retro games collection.

supernormal

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Depending how much I've won. If it's like a huge amount 300-500M then I'd definitely fund some unprofitable videogames.