• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Where are you going to eat?

• Olive Garden

Votes: 76 9.4%
  • Outback

Votes: 138 17.0%
  • Red Lobster

Votes: 115 14.2%
  • Cheesecake Factory

Votes: 219 27.0%
  • PF Changs

Votes: 76 9.4%
  • California Pizza Kitchen

Votes: 49 6.0%
  • Red Robin

Votes: 138 17.0%

• Total voters

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Cheesecake by far, but Outback follows solely due to the bloomin onions.

Red Robin is trash and their cheeseburgers have made me sick to my stomach multiple times. I don't know what it is about that place.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I'm good with all of those except Olive Garden. The day I step inside an Oliver Garden again is the day I put a bullet in my head.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Cheesecake. They have a stupid big menu and there's something for everybody especially if someone in your group has an allergy.

The bbq chicken salad is pretty good tbh.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
I had a Fuddruckers nearby, across from a Red Robin. The Fuddruckers has closed in the last year, but the Red Robin is still there. And I'm fucking bitter that the superior burger place is gone.

All the Fuddruckers in my state apparently filed for bankruptcy during COVID. Really bums me out.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to PF Chang's, to get that sweet North Americanized Asian flavors. 2nd would be Olive Garden's.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't been to these in a minute.

/foodsnob

But if I had to choose it would be Olive Garden. Fettuccine Alfredo is rarely bad.

GaymerPerson

Aug 16, 2020
close call, but i have to go with outback. the one we had close to our house got flooded a couple years back so i havent eaten there in FOREVER

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't eaten at any of these in ages, but I'd go with Cheesecake Factory. Plenty of options for whatever floats my boat on a particular outing.

Second place would probably be Outback.

noquarter

Oct 25, 2017
Out of the list, either Outback or Cheesecake Factory, depending on what I'm looking to get. Voted Cheesecake Factory because my girlfriend likes the cheesecake, menu is alright, so I'm fine going there. Outback for an alright steak, even if it is overpriced compared to a good steakhouse and the bloomin onion. Then Red Lobster, mainly for the rolls and if they are doing an all-you-can-eat shrimp deal.

Really cant stand PF Changs, everything tastes too sweet and is pretty expensive.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
There's no California Pizza Kitchen, P.F. Chang's, Red Lobster. or Cheesecake Factory anywhere near here, so I have no idea what they're like. I'm just gonna go with Red Robin.

Oct 25, 2017
I've eaten at 6 of 7 on the list

Don't think Red Robin or CPK has ever had a Canadian location

Outback near me closed quick - Always enjoyed going when in the US
PF Changs didn't last long - Had one location in Toronto
Olive Garden closed decades ago
Red Lobster is still around but I don't eat seafood
Cheesecake Factory opened last year and has cheesecake so it wins :p

CPK was always a disaster when my family went while on vacation in Florida, way too busy

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Red Lobster has (had?!) Endless Shrimp. Always lined up with my birthday so it became a tradition and an opportunity for gluttony.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I guess Outback. Decent steak. Can get some broccoli, corn on the cob, and mash potatoes.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The thing for me is that there's a wide range for prime rib where I can't really tell the difference in quality, and Outback's falls somewhere in there. Like, their $25 prime rib tastes as good as, say, a $60 one from Fleming's. Just make it rare and give me some au jus, and I'm solid.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I've never been to PF Chang's or Cheesecake Factory, so I'd be interested in trying those... PF Chang's especially. I also haven't been to Red Lobster, but ew.

Out of the ones I've been to, Outback no question. Blooming onion & steak? Sign me up.

OP
OP
Vanillalite

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

tenor.gif

EggmaniMN

Banned
May 17, 2020
Red Robin by a mile. The last time I had Outback it was maybe the worst steak I've ever had. I'd go to Texas Roadhouse before going back there. Red Robin has a decent variety, great shakes, and it's really easy to get burgers and stuff for free for birthdays and such.

PF Chang's is just a giant ripoff. I miss when they had Pei Wei as their cheaper but generally same food other option.

But if you're in Minnesota and you want a burger at all, you go to Red Cow.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Most likely Cheesecake Factory, they have the most variety of menu, so everyone can get what they want. Plus cheese cake

special mention to red lobster and cheesy biscuits

EraldoCoil

Oct 28, 2017
Cali
Olive garden for the all you can eat pasta and breadsticks.

Last time we went the waiter sent us home with 12 breadsticks and 8 extra bowls of pasta +proteins and a salad lol

We only ate 1 1/2 bowls while there too...had some good leftovers for a while.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
The only time I've ever been to a CPK I really liked it (especially the butter cake dessert), but I fucked up the take-home pizza really bad by not letting the oven get hot enough.

Cheesecake factory was my pick b/c it's so shamelessly white and bourgeois in an enjoyable way.

Red Robin is fine.
I could probably tolerate going to an olive garden.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Depends upon my mood and what I want, those chains offer a wide variety of food types and I'd be compelled to go to one or the other on any given day. Right now Red Lobster calls to me for those amazing biscuits.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I've been to OG, and Red Robin. I forget which chain steakhouse Outback is. Is Outback the place that has the honey butter for the rolls?

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Olive Garden - Haven't eaten there in 19 years. I got nothing besides salad and breadsticks.

Outback - Childhood staple, have gone there a few times in the past couple of years with friends and family. Love their Caesar salad (their dressing and croutons are the bomb) and, of course, the Bloomin' Onion. Quality hasn't really changed much overtime.

Red Lobster - I've only gone there once or twice, though I've enjoyed the take-home mix of their Cheddar Bay Biscuits on more than one occasion. Sad, since they're really the only thing worth getting there.

Cheesecake Factory - Gone here more than Red Lobster, less than Outback. Expensive (and most often, crowded) as hell, but I haven't yet had a meal there that I didn't like.

PF Chang's - There was a point where I really liked this chain; then they must have switched suppliers or something because all their food got really subpar in terms of both portion size and overall quality. There's better (and cheaper) Chinese-American places in my area.

California Pizza Kitchen - Really love their frozen pizzas, but I haven't stepped foot within one in at least a decade.

Red Robin - My feelings on this chain are the inverse of PF Chang's; they were pretty mediocre when I was a kid, but in the last few years they completely reinvented themselves, improving the quality of their food in a major way. Recently, they've taken off an item or two that I really enjoyed (Marco Pollo ;_; ), but overall, Red Robin is still the best burger chain around for its price point.

Of the seven, I'd go with Outback just due to the uniqueness of some of their offerings, and how well they've held up over the years. Red Robin comes in at a close second.

Last edited:

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I've never been to Cheescake Factory, but if we take price, shame, and judgement out of the equation, that would be my choice. I would just buy a whole cheesecake and dig in at the table.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Probably Outback. Only time I went to Cheescake Factory and got a steak I thought it was ok I guess. Outback is only like 5 mins away though.
Baby Back ribs are my goto at Outback, love those.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
I voted Cheesecake Factory only because Olive Garden got rid of their braised beef bolognese which was literally the only thing on the menu I'd eat since my wife fucking loves the OG when we have 3 solid italian restaurants in town that are comparably priced.