• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Make your choice!

• Konami

Votes: 866 41.0%
  • Capcom

Votes: 178 8.4%
  • Square Enix

Votes: 452 21.4%
  • SEGA

Votes: 615 29.1%

• Total voters

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
so are we being selfish with these choices or are we taking account each companies' historical relevance? this is kinda key since without one of these companies, the console market we know today would not exist. i'd also have to switch from square to konami as well.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry Sega... Konami's back catalog trounces theirs.
You deleted gaming as we know it congrats.
so are we being selfish with these choices or are we taking account each companies' historical relevance? this is kinda key since without one of these companies, the console market we know today would not exist. i'd also have to switch from square to konami as well.
Anyone that doesn't think about this beyond "games" isn't really thinking about the question and just doing a snap call :P

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Does deleting a company also remove all companies that existed on their own before acquisition or spawned as a result of the company? Like does getting rid of Konami also get rid of Hudson Soft or mean that treasure does not exist? I think I'd be ok with loosing konami but I think also loosing Hudson would be pretty big.

Loosing sega would be way to big on levels not simply just Genesis vs Snes.There is a good chance 3D gaming and arcades would have been set back by a considerable amount.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
square enix easily.

the only game i'd miss is Nier Automata but that is a sacrifice i'd be willing to make if it meant wiping Final Fantasy from existence.

Neonep

Oct 25, 2017
Great thread... Some of you guys are hilarious.

It comes down to Sega & Konami. Erasing Square Enix & Capcom would basically erase JRPG's & Fighting games as we know them, so nah. Sega was a console maker and erasing that would cause way too many ripple effects in gaming history along with a solid stable of output in recent years.

Konami gotta be the one cause they do nothing really now, didn't make consoles at any point, and since they do nothing now, the now will becomes history at some point and then at that point their catalog won't even be nostalgic for a bunch of people.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I pick Capcom.
The only games from Capcom that I'd miss are BoF:DQ and Megaman X.
Can't think of anything else

kamineko

Linked the Fire
Oct 25, 2017
Accardi-by-the-Sea
Konami. I'm not the biggest MGS fan, though I've enjoyed them all. Suikoden is harder. Not an easy choice.

Could never give up yakuza, ffvi, or resident evil

Koivusilta

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
It probably says everything about my affection to Sega that the worst part about erasing them would be to lose Resonance of Fate and Toejam and Earl.

Capndrake

Oct 28, 2017
If you only count Square Enix stuff from after the merger, easily them.

If it includes stuff from both companies before then... still probably them. Never really cared much about Square's output, though I do like a bunch of Enix games.

Mad_Titan86

Banned
Nov 4, 2019
Looks like I'm one of the odd ones here, but Capcom never did a whole lot for me. KONAMI gave (and killed) me my favorite franchise, Square gave me years of amazing games, and Sega was my childhood. Cant think of a single Capcom game I would save them for.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Square Enix would probably be the one if I was forced. I can't think of a single game from them that I have any attachment to JRPGs, and I'd only have to sacrifice the new Tomb Raider (eh) and Deus Ex from my interest.

Sega had the Dreamcast, Sonic, Aliens

Konami Castlevania, MGS, Silent Hill

Capcom Dino Crisis and Resident Evil

Pretty easy choice.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Great thread... Some of you guys are hilarious.

It comes down to Sega & Konami. Erasing Square Enix & Capcom would basically erase JRPG's & Fighting games as we know them, so nah. Sega was a console maker and erasing that would cause way too many ripple effects in gaming history along with a solid stable of output in recent years.

Konami gotta be the one cause they do nothing really now, didn't make consoles at any point, and since they do nothing now, the now will becomes history at some point and then at that point their catalog won't even be nostalgic for a bunch of people.

Konami is still incredibly active in the arcade scene and if they were gone I'm damn sure it'd be in an even worse state or non existent because they carry that shit with their rhythm games. And since they basically invented/propelled the genre with Beatmania and DDR, Guitar Hero/Rock band and all of that shit owes their existence to them.

Also help pushed shmups forward with plenty of classic like Gradius. Treasure got their start working there so they'd be out too.

Ya'll really need to re look at Konami's catalog. People somehow think it's just MGS and Castlevania. They completely ignore their arcade history too.

Honestly though none of them are good choices 😂, but it's just a discussion so no big deal.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I'd have to go with Capcom. They're a great company and have made a lot of great games, but for me personally they're not among my absolute favorites.

Oct 25, 2017
Are the new Deus Ex and Tomb Raider games also counted as "Square Enix games"?
Where's the cut off?
Cause the Japanese side of Square made maybe 2 games I care about

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Probably Capcom for me, the only franchises of theirs I really love are Ace Attorney and Okami, and they're not even doing anything with the latter and haven't localized several of the former.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Konami is an easy choice. Some great games an history but out of the choices presented, doesn't compare.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
Konami is probably the publisher whose games I've played the least but if you're telling me I can get rid of Kingdom Hearts and FFVII, bye, Square; I'll miss FF6, but i'm sure you understand.

dasu

Aug 2, 2018
I know that jRPGs are popular on nerdy interest forums, but they're mostly all that SquareEnix has to their name. I just don''t think that Square's games are as diverse or interesting as the other three.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Probably Capcom for me, the only franchises of theirs I really love are Ace Attorney and Okami, and they're not even doing anything with the latter and haven't localized several of the former.
You just deleted fighting games as we know it from existance with this choice, you basically deleted an entire genre

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
It's a toss up for me I guess.

Capcom - This is probably more of a selfish choice, while I enjoy their games, I wouldn't really say I'm as invested in their franchises as much as what the ones from the other 3 companies.
Konami - While I used to REALLY enjoy their output, they're practically almost dead at this point sooooo....

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
Sega.

I know people have put Konami, but Castlevania, Metal Gear and Silent Hill basically made it so that it wasn't the odd man out.