• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you:

• Eat it cold

Votes: 555 33.3%
  • Reheat it in the oven

Votes: 426 25.6%
  • Reheat it in the microwave

Votes: 469 28.2%
  • Reheat it on a pan

Votes: 182 10.9%
  • Close the fridge door and contemplate your image in the mirror before reheating the pizza

Votes: 33 2.0%

• Total voters

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
50/50 for me in microwaving and eating cold.

99.99% of the time i get shitty cheap pizza. It's not worth it to throw it in the oven.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Pan is best.
Cold when it's morning or I'm lazy.
Microwave as the middle ground.

Oct 27, 2017
Microwave - NEVER

Cold - on occasion, with discretion

Toaster Oven - 400 degrees F middle rack until cheese is just about to begin to bubble, then immediately take it out. It's restored. May take a minute or two longer for slices with toppings or non-tomato sauces (marsala, buffalo, etc.)

As an ingredient in other dishes - omelet, hors d'oeuvre, etc. - acceptable, if cut into strips on a bias first.

Slices over three days old - throw away, the magic is gone. Also the only acceptable time to throw pizza (Breaking Bad notwithstanding), otherwise always lay slices flat gently with the crust away from you.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Toaster oven. That sort of reheat is often better than the actual fresh pizza (that crisp!) so that's the way for me.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
If there were more slices, then it would go in the oven, but for one slice I'll have it cold.

KentP

Oct 28, 2017
Just one slice? That'll be eaten cold

Several slices would warrant being warmed in the oven

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
I never eat it cold.

Oven if it's available, but defiantly at least microwave.

Never tried over a pan. Maybe I'll give it a try and see how it goes.

mr stroke

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I've been reheating leftover pizza on a skillet ever since I saw this video. It tastes FANTASTIC, and somehow way better than when I get it in the box.

This is legit but takes way too long, plus if you want to warm up a ton of slices at once its a pain.

Combo method of the two

1-Microwave for 45 sec
2-Pan Fry on high for 1-2 mins

Same results in less time

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
Microwave. I want that melty cheese but I don't want to have to work for it.

If I'm really committed I'll do toaster oven.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Cold if i'm eating it in the morning, but microwaved if I'm eating it later in the day. I have no idea why cold pizza is better than warm/hot for breakfast, but it just is.

I keep forgetting to try it in air fryer, I really need to give it a shot.

metal

Banned
Nov 26, 2020
I honestly don't understand how cold pizza could ever be better than reheated, unless laziness throws the results off.

Anyways, microwave for me. Too lazy for oven lol.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
Preferred option: Oven
What will actually happen option: Microwave because I'm impatient and don't want to wait for the oven and didn't plan ahead.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I always reheat leftover pizza in the toaster oven. It just never comes out quite right in the microwave.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Pan.

We don't have a microwave (😭 fucking steamer hipster shit)
But we do have an induction stove, so the pan heats up in seconds.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
The idea of eating cold pizza is viscerally disgusting to me in a way I really can't put into words. You people make me sick.

Sleepyhead86

Oct 27, 2017
Drop it toppings down in a pan, let some of the toppings char, then flip and let the bread get toasty.

Nice crunch on the outside and still soft in the inside.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I only learned about oven reheating last year, and I feel like I wasted years of my pizza eating life on microwave reheating.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the pizza and how long it's been in the fridge.

Some of them I'm fine with eating a slice cold if it's only been a day. Others, I'll heat up in the microwave (or oven if I'm not lazy) no matter what. Beyond a day, they all get heated.

StormBrute

Oct 26, 2017
Reheat on a pan on medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes, turn it down to medium and then pour a tablespoon or so of water on a non-occupied portion of the pan away from the pizza and cover it with a lid so that the steam hydrates and reheats the cheese, toppings, and doughy part of the crust. Leave it another minute or two, adding another bit of water if needed.

That's what I've been doing for years and it works amazing for me!

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Depends on the specific pizza, but I'll either eat it cold or toss it in the oven for a few minutes.

bananab

Oct 27, 2017
Single slice probably gets eaten cold right there in front of the open refrigerator door.