• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ville Pukema

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I have about a year and a half of XBL and Game pass from that MS store bundle they had a while backwhat does this do for me?

Your XBL time and Game Pass time you have left will be combined and made to be Ultimate Game Pass time. If combined time goes over 36 monthts you lose anything that goes over. Best plan is to aim to get full 36 months of Ultimate time.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
So I already used the $1 deal to convert (thankfully I had two years stacked for Gold so I'm still getting a nice chunk of benefits), but I assume if I add another year of Gold it won't automatically tack onto that/convert and will instead just be basic Gold now?

Broadbandit

Oct 29, 2017
So I already used the $1 deal to convert (thankfully I had two years stacked for Gold so I'm still getting a nice chunk of benefits), but I assume if I add another year of Gold it won't automatically tack onto that/convert and will instead just be basic Gold now?

12 months of gold = 4 months ultimate
3 months of gold = 50 days** ultimate

3 months gamepass = 2 months ultimate

Last edited:

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
Weird, considering those numbers it seems much more cost effective to buy two 3 month gold subs rather than 12 months? Bummer that it isn't a 1 to 1 conversion like when you purchase the $1 Ultimate upgrade.
First of all 3 months Gold is only 50 days Ultimate and not 2 months.
If you consider the MSRP, it makes sense again

$24.99 for 3 months Gold = $0.5 per day Ultimate
$59.99 for 12 Months Gold =$0.5 per day Ultimate

Broadbandit

Oct 29, 2017
Weird, considering those numbers it seems much more cost effective to buy two 3 month gold subs rather than 12 months? Bummer that it isn't a 1 to 1 conversion like when you purchase the $1 Ultimate upgrade.
First of all 3 months Gold is only 50 days Ultimate and not 2 months.
If you consider the MSRP, it makes sense again

$24.99 for 3 months Gold = $0.5 per day Ultimate
$59.99 for 12 Months Gold =$0.5 per day Ultimate

fixed it sorry. thanks for clarifying. It's 3 months of gamepass that goes to 2 months ultimate

DQhZY9l.png

Last edited:

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm good until 6/2022. Still had a 6 month Gamepass code to use from way back, and bought 2 - 12 month gold from CDkeys. I also got the PC gamepass ealier this month for $1 when I didn't know about this deal, and it added that as well as the $1 3 month xbox gamepass deal I got in may.

This is crazy, but really awesome. Technically the $1's I spent were free as it was just bing rewards money too. Feels too good to be true haha.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, I'm one month shy of being able to convert for the full three years, trying to figure out if a single-month purchase would be worth it. It's weird because part of this is trying to anticipate my own play patterns in May 2022, and that's ages away!

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
Hmmm, I'm one month shy of being able to convert for the full three years, trying to figure out if a single-month purchase would be worth it. It's weird because part of this is trying to anticipate my own play patterns in May 2022, and that's ages away!
Not worth buying a 1-month subscribtion. Also there is a big chance you will get the full 3 years since any active Game pass subscribtion you have will be converted to Ultimate.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Not worth buying a 1-month subscribtion. Also there is a big chance you will get the full 3 years since any active Game pass subscribtion you have will be converted to Ultimate.

I don't have any, this would be my first time on Game Pass. Although that said I did seem to gain four days somehow when upgrading my Live to where it is now, and I'm not quite sure how (Renewal date was on the 18th Nov, after adding 2 years and 6 months it was on the 22nd May)

Sanchoco

Dec 3, 2018
I don't have any, this would be my first time on Game Pass. Although that said I did seem to gain four days somehow when upgrading my Live to where it is now, and I'm not quite sure how (Renewal date was on the 18th Nov, after adding 2 years and 6 months it was on the 22nd May)

To your original comment. If you're just 1 month away, then just upgrade to Ultimate.

Upgrading to Ultimate gives you the extra month

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Thanks for the head up Gowans .
I'm sorted up to Feb 2022, I don't, if I'm being honest, get that much mileage out of Gamepass currently, but worst case that remains the same for the next 2.5 years and I'm only down a quid.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Good lord I'm glad I looked into this. I didn't realize it would benefit you even if you have regular Game Pass already.

Deleted member 49804

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 21, 2018
That's a really weird breakdown. Really decreases the value of the larger cards. 2/3 > 1/3
It's not
It's 50 cents MSRP per day Game Pass Ultimate

1 months Gold, Game Pass and Game Pass PC is $9.99
3 months Gold is $24.99
3 months Game Pass is 29.99
6 months Game Pass is 59.99
12 months Gold is $59.99
12 months Game Pass is $99.99

Urishizu

Dead Drop Studios Founder
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Yeah this was an incredible deal. Xbox Game Pass Ultimate locked in until 2022... Awesome!

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Almost jumped on this, EBgames (Canada) has a 30% trade in bonus for consoles when getting another console.

Would get $260 for my ps4 slim but their cheapest xb1 is $379

Wife aggro averted

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Just wanted to send a thank you to the OP.

I'm good until 6/26/2022.

I've been an XBL Gold member since like 2004 but have used it exceedingly sparingly for the last few years as my Xbox One barely gets turned on. I hope between Scarlett and my current, badass PC I get more value out of it going forward than I have lately.

Total out of pocket today was like $120 or so. By the looks of things, I've saved myself quite a bit of money if I intended to subscribe to Ultimate. Cool. (I haven't even kept up)

m23

Oct 25, 2017

You can't expect them to give away Ultimate like that indefinitely.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
You can't expect them to give away Ultimate like that indefinitely.
I wasn't, I just wondered if it'd work for up to 3 years during the timeframe of this $1 deal like prior to the conversion. I'm not naive enough to expect Gamepass Ultimate to just be converted from Live time forever.

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
so if I have an US account, will this work if I change the country to Brazil and use a Brazil VPN ?

or do I have to create a separate Brazil account and redeem the code on that one?
I have a US account and all I did was use my VPN and connect to a Brazil server. Once connected, I used an incognito tab in Chrome and redeemed as normal. (Went to Xbox.com, logged in, entered code, done.) No separate accounts had to be created and i didn't change anything to Brazil that was tied to my account. Being connected to a Brazil server via vpn is apparently all you need to do to redeem those codes on your account.

I did this with two separate Brazil codes, both redeemed fine.

miserable

Oct 27, 2017
I have a US account and all I did was use my VPN and connect to a Brazil server. Once connected, I used an incognito tab in Chrome and redeemed as normal. (Went to Xbox.com, logged in, entered code, done.) No separate accounts had to be created and i didn't change anything to Brazil that was tied to my account. Being connected to a Brazil server via vpn is apparently all you need to do to redeem those codes on your account.

I did this with two separate Brazil codes, both redeemed fine.
thanks for the confirmation, will buy a Brazil code from CDkeys

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
I'm tempted but I don't own an Xbox console and never plan to. If I just do regular pc Xbox game pass I can just cancel it and then reactivate every few months to play some games I missed. Maybe if I resort to using the Brazil technique, but that seems rather sketchy thing to do by bypassing regional pricing using vpn.

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the question that's probably been answered BUT if I already have Gamepass ultimate, will any XBL time I had right now extend it? Or does it only work if you go from XBL to GPU?

Ville Pukema

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017

Sorry for late reply.

Well what you do is up to you. But I have some recommendations. :) If you just want to have your current GamePass and Xbox Live Gold time combined together and make them to be Game Pass Ultimate subscription, (as in XBL months + GP months = your ultimate pass subscription months) just use the 1 $/€ offer from here. (This link should ask you to change for your country shop.)

If you want to "maximise" what you get from your money. Check from account.microsoft.com How much you have left on your current subscriptions and calculate if you need to buy any more to get full 3 years of Ultimate cheap. (Notice that getting that 1 Dollar deal on ultimate adds 1 month to the total.)

Other can fill in if I told something stupid. (tired and brains are dead.)

demazin

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy I went through an ordeal to get this working.

I live in Japan and my xbl account's region is set to the USA. At the time it was just cheaper and easier to get US prepaid cards for gamepass when I used it last year. Plus gamepass doesn't exist in Japan.

But after chatting with MS support I'm all set until 2022!

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Oh boy I went through an ordeal to get this working.

I live in Japan and my xbl account's region is set to the USA. At the time it was just cheaper and easier to get US prepaid cards for gamepass when I used it last year. Plus gamepass doesn't exist in Japan.

But after chatting with MS support I'm all set until 2022!
MS support are good people

Quintus

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
I wanted to ask if my brother purchase it for PC and activate it on my console on his account, can I use the game pass on my account on Xbox One?

Last edited:

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Heyo. Just signed up.

I didn't realize games left game pass.
I thought I could download a bunch and get to them over time. But how frequently do they leave / how long are they up for? That's disappointing because I take forever to get to games

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize games left game pass.
I thought I could download a bunch and get to them over time. But how frequently do they leave / how long are they up for?

That can vary depending on the game. On the mobile app you can see which games are about to leave. Don't remember if you can on the dashboard as well or on PC.