• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
No thanks, the only fever I have is kitten fever! No human babies for me. I like kids and all but have no desire for any of my own.

Oct 28, 2017
Baby number 6 is only a few weeks away...

giphy.gif

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not really, no. Unless my life changed drastically like getting a job in a low COL area within the next 5 years and I could actually support a family without living paycheck to paycheck.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
My sister had a son.

Six years on and it's only reaffirmed my choice to remain childless.

Vapelord

Oct 27, 2017
Montreal
Daydrinking is fine if I am doing chores and a whole box of cereal is dinner if I don't have to go grocery shopping are valid arguments in my world so yeah a baby would throw a serious wrench into my day to day goings on. Hard pass.

Barnak

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ever seen since my girlfriend's sister got a kid 2 years ago, it gave us the push we needed to want one... But we're both in our mid 30s and been having sex every 3-5 days since August last year without a condom and still nothing... :( I don't want to go to the hospital to test myself, but it might come to this soon enough.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
i have a 6 month old and am getting the fever for another one - hopefully a second daughter so they can be sisters

best decision i ever made, but i'm glad i'm doing it in my mid 30s

Jazzman

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but I'm infertile so there's an extra layer of fucking anger and depression and pain that basically no one who hasn't experienced infertility doesn't really get. Some study out of Harvard showed that women who experience infertility suffer as much anxiety as women who are dx'd with cancer, but no one treats an infertile person with even 1% of the compassion and empathy they do for other people who have medical issues.

Yup this is pretty eye opening once you start to go through it. It is even worse when you overhear shitty people talking about how they regret having kids and seeing others treat their kids so poorly.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm the oldest of 6 who helped take care of every one of my siblings as they grew up, I have both simultaneously mastered the art of being a baby caretaker and become immune to "baby fever".

Let other people raise kids, I'm out.

ccbfan

Oct 25, 2017
It just happens but kind of hit you quickly like bricks.

Did the whole travel/go out/waste my money and time on stupid shit tour for 10+ years of my life. Those things got old and plus our friends started having kids.

BAM 2 kids now 2 and 5. I'm adamant I only want 2 kids so I'm set.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Yep absolutely. I m 35 so I feel I am overdue. All my siblings have kids. Working on finding a SO at the moment and they have to want kids.

samoscratch

Nov 25, 2017
The world is in a weird place and I want to focus on my projects and honestly, I don't want the responsibility of raising a human. I actually love kids though.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
No kids until I'm very deep into my 30s and have money to spend. They're a huge financial and emotional burden. I don't need that at the moment.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Ever seen since my girlfriend's sister got a kid 2 years ago, it gave us the push we needed to want one... But we're both in our mid 30s and been having sex every 3-5 days since August last year without a condom and still nothing... :( I don't want to go to the hospital to test myself, but it might come to this soon enough.

3-5 means you could still be missing the fertile window. However given your age I'd say try for six months max with timing, temping, opks. If still nothing, definitely go see a reproductive endocrinologist. I wouldn't even waste time with an OBGYN honestly.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Babies are pretty awesome.

Both the process of making them and then when you actually get one. Its all amazing.

But the catch is that they grow up.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Flip back and forth between wanting and not due to how shit the world is at the moment and how it seems to be heading for something worse. I wouldn't want to put them through that kind of thing.

I'd rather adopt to be honest.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck no - my gf and I make good money and live comfortably and have never once considered having a kid. I just don't see anything appealing about the idea. We can afford it easily but like, why would I want to? Not like the future looks bright either

newline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom
I'm 27 so right now I'm 50/50. Like I do definitely want kids (I used to outright refuse the notion) but I definitely don't want kids now. I'd like to have my first one around 33-35 I'd say.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Nah not really. Things could change but I'm not a huge fan of babies and don't like dealing with kids for more than short bursts. Basically kids don't do much for me like they do so many others and I don't want the responsibility of a human life if I'm not into it.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Who says you have to give it up? You take them with you. My three year old has probably been to more countries than most people on this board. And alternatively, take breaks with your partner or by yourself. I'm thinking Svalbard this year. :D
I always found the travel excuse strange. You have to be doing A LOT of traveling to justify not doing something to travel instead. I could see it if you're a globe trotter who doesn't anchor anywhere and travels to a new place to live every 6 months, but folks be talking about visiting Cancun or Vegas for a week as their yearly thing. Can easily have a kid and do that.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
The women of the house have been talking about babies recently so I'm kinda resigned to multiple pregnant women at once in a few months. Im all for having babies but 3 or 4 pregnant women atvonce may break me lmso
Yo bro...you a Mormon? Is this like a natural harem through a lifetime of hijinx?

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
I always found the travel excuse strange. You have to be doing A LOT of traveling to justify not doing something to travel instead. I could see it if you're a globe trotter who doesn't anchor anywhere and travels to a new place to live every 6 months, but folks be talking about visiting Cancun or Vegas for a week as their yearly thing. Can easily have a kid and do that.

Kids are expensive - it's easy to see how that can impact whatever that poster is doing for travels or adventures or whatever

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Who says you have to give it up? You take them with you. My three year old has probably been to more countries than most people on this board. And alternatively, take breaks with your partner or by yourself. I'm thinking Svalbard this year. :D
It's more about having to put the brakes on doing activities together while traveling. Can't surf together, can't mountain bike together, can't ride a roller coaster together, etc if it is just the two of us and baby on vacation. We travel and do things together a lot throughout the year. Plus the added cost of flying after they hit the two year mark...woof.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Kids are expensive - it's easy to see how that can impact whatever that poster is doing for travels or adventures or whatever
Depends on where you live. Lots of places having a child isn't that expensive unless you literally make minimum wage on that case you probably shouldn't be traveling a whole lot either.

It's more about having to put the brakes on doing activities together while traveling. Can't surf together, can't mountain bike together, can't ride a roller coaster together, etc if it is just the two of us and baby on vacation. We travel and do things together a lot throughout the year.

You can still do lots of things with a child and when the child gets older you can do all those with them too. if you're relatively young IE 25 or so, you can be surfing or mountain biking with your child when you're 35. It's not as much of a hindrance as you think it is. I guess I just don't see the fulfillment in committing to a life of just surfing and mountain biking as the thing I will look back on as a good accomplishment / commitment / achievement.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I've never had the fever. I fluctuate between "being okay with having kids" and "not wanting them at all". Honestly, I just think it's a bad idea for me to raise anyone.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
At 33, yes I want kids, but I'm at a point now where I know it isn't likely. I've always wanted kids even when I was in my mid 20's.

My brother and his wife are expecting in a few months, so at least I can be an uncle.

Clear

Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
Got 2 and snipped so fever or not it doesnt matter.

Say it in all the kid threads...kids dont equal your adventures are over. I hit pax, and ran a 13 mile spartan beast only a few weeks ago, gone to a few soccer games (go Hartford athletics) and a bunch of other things.

AMAGON

Prominent Member
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
33 here and having a Hella of a time in the dating game to find someone I would love and to have a kid with.

Want to start a family soon. 😢

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can still do lots of things with a child and when the child gets older you can do all those with them too. if you're relatively young IE 25 or so, you can be surfing or mountain biking with your child when you're 35. It's not as much of a hindrance as you think it is. I guess I just don't see the fulfillment in committing to a life of just surfing and mountain biking as the thing I will look back on as a good accomplishment / commitment / achievement.
I don't look at kids as an accomplishment or achievement.

I am not saying a kid is off the table, just that we choose not to have one at this time. And fuck having one if I was 25...holy shit that sounds awful knowing who I was at 25.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on where you live. Lots of places having a child isn't that expensive unless you literally make minimum wage on that case you probably shouldn't be traveling a whole lot either.

I don't know where you live or what your situation is but it is absolutely not only people on minimum wage that struggle to get by with kids.

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
I don't look at kids as an accomplishment or achievement.
That's true, but your excuses (regardless of how firm you are in having kids) are incredibly weak. It's easier to just say, "I don't even want kids", but to give reasons like it'll interfere with surfing, mountain biking, roller coasters, etc which are not intensive / demanding and also group activities is kind of weird, don't you think?

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
32 and nope.

My older sister just got a puppy this wek though, I am head over heels for that little guy! When I see my friends with kids, I am ust sooo greatful for my freedom and tranqulity, that lifestyle is NOT for me.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That's true, but your excuses (regardless of how firm you are in having kids) are incredibly weak. It's easier to just say, "I don't even want kids", but to give reasons like it'll interfere with surfing, mountain biking, roller coasters, etc which are not intensive / demanding and also group activities is kind of weird, don't you think?
Not in the slightest. I enjoy my life right now and want to continue the life I am leading right now. No where did I say I never wanted a kid, in fact I used the term "for now" in my opening sentence.

Having a kid would 100% interfere in my wife and I enjoying activities together right now, that is a fact.