• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would you take the offer?

• Yes, who doesn't want money.

Votes: 906 82.3%
  • Nope, that's too much.

Votes: 195 17.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
not doubled but i've once got at least a 70% pay increment without the need to change my gender so i vote no for this question.

Aranjah

Oct 27, 2017
So I get to push my salary into the 6-figure range while also experiencing what it's like to be a programmer with the implicit, assumed authority of being a man.

Where's the downside?

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
As a transitioned trans person, I've lived as both genders. No way in hell I'd ever go back to presenting male, for any amount of money.

Kaivan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't mind, sure. 3/4 of the staff in my office are women anyway.

It'll be hard fo my wife though, and it'll be super awkward in family gatherings.

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah! I love money, and my workplace is chill so no sexual harassment unlike some other game companies, plus I'll be trading in my man-boobs for actual natural boobs. I don't game online, but I might even try harder at game streaming.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This would be easier for me. My job has a set pay scale, and union guarantees so I wouldn't have to suffer on that end.

Biggest issue would be having to work with a massive chud. (like Stormfront-level chud)

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I changed my vote to no, I have young children, and I wouldn't want them to be confused as I went back and forth. I think the family dynamics would make it difficult.

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
The rules are simple:

- It'd be exactly 1 year
- You instantly, painlessly change physically. Mentally you're still the same.
- There'd be no difference biologically between you and everyone else from your same new sex.
- Any job you get will pay you twice as much as it would normally, and you'll obviously keep the money after the year.
- You wouldn't have to explain the change to anyone, they'd just always remember you as your new sex.

So, would you do it?

Why the need to double your money?

Would it be so terrible that you need a reward for such a punishment?

Raina

Oct 25, 2017
As a trans person, that's a dream come true lol. A shit ton more money and no dysphoria? Yes please.

Deleted member 20850

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why the need to double your money?

Would it be so terrible that you need a reward for such a punishment?

It technically turns cis men into trans men and cis women into trans women or vice versa. Nothing indicates gender is changed alongside sex here.

There is decent chance of gender dysphoria and as someone who suffered from it I think double salary is not nearly enough. Don't forget it also says everyone only knows you as your new sex so "Actually I am a man/woman" wouldn't fly with anyone aside from outing yourself as pre transition trans.

This whole proposition feels like trying to lure cis people into a year of hell to me while trans people would get heaven.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Double my money still ain't shit, so no. Despite this fact, my life is still pretty easy going, so again, no.

Last edited:

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Sure. It's only one year, it avoids the biggest pitfall of the whole affair (people reacting to your change) and most importantly, you get mucho dinero for no extra effort.

If it was a permanent or longer lasting thing, hell no.

There are many, many things I don't want to deal with as a woman (certain bodily functions, sexism, thirsty fellows) but dealing with said things may also give me a greater level of understanding and perspective on life.

I guess relationships would be off the table for a year. I wouldn't want to find someone only to one day be like, hey, I'm a straight guy again LOL sucks to be you (whoever that would be)

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm good. I make more than enough to live my life comfortably, so these money questions never sway me.

Apr 14, 2018
I'm just coming in here to say that this feels like an actual reality show that would be green lighted in a not-too-distant future dystopia we may be heading towards...

DONT GIVE THEM IDEAS,OP!

Status
Not open for further replies.