• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Would you take the offer?

• Yes, who doesn't want money.

Votes: 906 82.3%
  • Nope, that's too much.

Votes: 195 17.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You wouldn't have to pay me lol. I've always wondered what I'd be like as a woman

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I find this thread offensive and very cis, like y'alls would suffer from dysphoria. Good luck, it's awful.

There's a manga out there with this premise.

I guarantee it~~~
There are tens of thousands of stories like this on the internet, lots surrounding transgender fiction.

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017
The double payment part is what makes this question weird. I would do it without the money. It would be well worth the experience.

Just saw the poll: WEIRD!

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
I'd honestly pay just for the privilege to experience life as a woman for a period of time. And I get money on top of that? Easy choice.

Oct 28, 2017
I used one of those photo editors that morphs you into old people, babies, women, etc and I think I make a prettier woman than I do a man. Just dont look too close. Let's do it.

Last edited:

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I find this thread offensive and very cis, like y'alls would suffer from dysphoria. Good luck, it's awful.

I respect your opinion WaffleTaco, but I personally don't feel particularly offended myself. The way I see it questioning is how people come out as trans and I skulked through a lot of threads that were exactly like this before coming out.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
I'm currently in university and not being paid anything, so the question for me is really just "would I be happier if my sex was different".
The answer to that is... complicated? I'm tempted to say "HAH, sucks to be you OP, I'd be unhappy either way", but recently I've gotten how I feel about myself in a good position? So I wouldn't want to throw that out the window on a chance.
If the time period was smaller, say a month, I'd consider it, but a year is too long. Alternatively if I could pick and choose characteristics that would be more appealing, but if I wake up and suddenly I have massive boobs then that's gonna be a thing I'll be dysphoric about.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
I respect your opinion WaffleTaco, but I personally don't feel particularly offended myself. The way I see it questioning is how people come out as trans and I skulked through a lot of threads that were exactly like this before coming out.
I do wonder if those who came out later are less likely to be offended just because we would use stuff like this as an escapist exercise or day dream. But inversely it can be seen as an immature, childish dream that should be moved on from anyway.

It'd definitely be a more complicated question if it were just living as/presenting as the opposite gender and you were still physically the same as now. It'd still be win/win for me as either I'd bide my time to build up money or just outright get it over with and get more money to smooth it along, but it'd absolutely be a nightmare for the typical cis person or trans person who went through the bulk of social transition already.
Mmh

If anything I feel like people pondering this scenario can learn a lot about themselves
An experiment on the old board about $10 million for a permanent mental and physical flip did help me confront it again. Though it was asexuality coming up and "yeah, I can comfortably identify with this and come out about it" that started cracking the social walls, and internally I'd been a conflicted mess gender-wise most of my life anyway.

ByteCulture

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That is so stupid... i would never do it. Iam a guy not interested in being a woman... i guess you can do stuff like this if you are single and you dont have to take care of family.

But wouldnt even do it for money. Why????

THErest

Oct 25, 2017
How exactly would pregnancy work though if it passes a change boundary?

What would be the effects of self-insemination?

I think this whole scenario thing works better if you just assume complete infertility during the transformation.
51-bvAolMSL._SY445_.jpg

lake

Oct 27, 2017
I was gonna say, this scenario feels like it's from a cis person because it's oblivious to the notion that the sex-swappin' person, mentally unchanged, could/would feel gender dysphoria.

I don't feel offended either, I was just struck by the cisness of the premise.

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's okay, I know I'm being a bit irrational about it. Hopefully a person who doesn't know they are trans yet finds out they are.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
I do wonder if those who came out later are less likely to be offended just because we would use stuff like this as an escapist exercise or day dream. But inversely it can be seen as an immature, childish dream that should be moved on from anyway.

It'd definitely be a more complicated question if it were just living as/presenting as the opposite gender and you were still physically the same as now. It'd still be win/win for me as either I'd bide my time to build up money or just outright get it over with and get more money to smooth it along, but it'd absolutely be a nightmare for the typical cis person or trans person who went through the bulk of social transition already.

Apples and oranges for certain. I do think that scenerios like this that boiled things down to "if you could flick a lightswitch and..." helped me admit what I truly wanted in life and then later came coming to terms with the realities and obstacles.

It's okay, I know I'm being a bit irrational about it. Hopefully a person who doesn't know they are trans yet finds out they are.

<3 Nothing irrational about the raw emotion something gives you, the experiences and things you can share with us are as valuable as anyone elses imo.

Zellia

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I mean, I present and live as a guy, but I've definitely had serious periods of questioning my gender identity to the point where I don't really think I'm cis, but I don't know if I'm trans or genderqueer or non-binary or whatever. Honestly when I see threads like this I begin to question all over again.

Moral of the story is gender is hard I guess

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I present and live as a guy, but I've definitely had serious periods of questioning my gender identity to the point where I don't really think I'm cis, but I don't know if I'm trans or genderqueer or non-binary or whatever. Honestly when I see threads like this I begin to question all over again.

Moral of the story is gender is hard I guess

Final form of gender is realizing the gender binary is bullshit anyways and we should stop using it.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
No because I'd headbutt someone and get arrested for assault the second I was cat called, groped, followed, bullied, or made endure whatever form of harassment or abuse women constantly experience from men.

Deleted member 14313

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sure. I'm not at all attached to being male and it would be great to actually have first-hand experience of being female. And if it really is so bad I'm only doing it for a year. No real downsides. In fact I'd take the deal without the double salary just for the experience.

Last edited:

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
I would get to experience an orgasm from a woman's perspective. That alone would probably push me to say yes. My wife is also bisexual so I'd be good to go.

That said we have two kids and I feel like their father suddenly becoming a woman would be traumatizing. I'd have to be promised that they wouldn't know a difference.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd be curious to see if any symptoms of dysphoria would develop once the novelty wears off. Knowing the change would only be for a year may mitigate it, though. My fiancee is trans, so maybe it'd be a way to get closer to her.

I think a whole year is too much for me. I like being a dude!

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If I get a better job and nothing from my current life changes then why not? At the very least it might make me consider how girls have it and how to better support the feminism agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.