• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hage

Mar 15, 2018
Danganronpa 2, I had it completely spoiled from the and I feel to missed out.

Another one would be NieR:Automata, leaving a note for myself asking to never play the game in offline mode again.

GNOSIS

Oct 29, 2017
Persona 4. I had such a special time with it. The ending made me feel like I lost my friends.

Tobli

Oct 30, 2017
The games that come to mind when asked this question are my 3 favorite games of all time. All of which I have replayed a number of times.

Mass effect 2
Final fantasy 9
The Witcher 3

If I had to choose one it would be Mass effect 2. I truly hope that Bioware recovers so that we can have another masterpiece like that.

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I mention Bloodborne in pretty much every thread, and I'll mention it once again : BLOODBORNE :)

I would love to play any Naughty Dog and Rockstar game for the first time again as well, those are brilliant, especially TLOU, Uncharted 2, Uncharted 4 ... on Grounded mode. Oh, and all the GTA games, story modes.

If I had to choose an old-school game, memory wiped clean, it would probably be Sonic The Hedgehog on Sega Genesis. What a ride that was.
That's multiple suggestions for Sonic, I love it! It's funny but I can't play those games today like I could back then. Now, it's so hard to keep track of all the speedy craziness but it was definitely a unique game with nothing else before it like it... or even after really.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
Xenoblade Chronicles. I guess I could even wait for the Switch remaster!

Playing through that game gave me a sense of child-like wonder I hadn't felt since my favorite SNES and PS1 RPGs. Exploration in that game was pure, distilled joy. Great cast with British English voice acting went beyond any expectation I had. My time playing that game was some of my best experiences playing a game, period.

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
The games that come to mind when asked this question are my 3 favorite games of all time. All of which I have replayed a number of times.

Mass effect 2
Final fantasy 9
The Witcher 3

If I had to choose one it would be Mass effect 2. I truly hope that Bioware recovers so that we can have another masterpiece like that.
I know some others have said it as well and it's my 2nd behind LTTP - Mass Effect 2. I really enjoyed the first game but the 2nd... oh boy, what an improvement in every way. So much that I hated the 3rd that much more because how high ME2 raised the bar.

Father Kratos

Oct 30, 2017
Half Life 2 for me. Was in my 2nd year of college and had a very basic PC. Among all the big games of that time, HL2 was the only game that my PC was able to handle. Add to that the game was simply amazing!! Was in awe when I reached the citadel. And the Ravenholm level....

I assume because a game we enjoy that much will always stick in our minds regardless of the time that's passed.
Completely agree. HL2 is still the best game I've ever played because of this reason.

Jaxar

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Demon's Souls for sure. The first time that the Souls series 'clicked' for me was so awesome. I loved every minute of exploring that game and the following games.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Dark Souls for me. Nothing will ever be the same as that first time playing thru Souls. The frustration, the desolation, the delight.

Xelan

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It would have to be undertale, I initially thought I wouldn't like the game so I watched a let's play of it instead, it's something that I legitimately regret not experiencing on my own.

Bing-Bong

Banned
Feb 1, 2019
Actually playing through this for the first time on my 3DS and I'm really liking it so far. Really like the art style in this game, like a lot.
It's one of my favourite games and the first J-RPG i ever played. I have the Ps2 version and i come back to it sometimes. It's just beautiful, can't ask for more!

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Grim Fandango, with very little hesitation.
Grim_Fandango_artwork.jpg

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
RDR 2 or Witcher 3. Probably leaning towards RDR 2 more, because on my first time through it, sadly I got spoiled on a pretty big plot point.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
FFXI at any point before Wings of the Goddess, it would need to include the amount of free time I had back then as well though

uzit88

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
World of Warcraft, Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, Bioshock and Half Life 1/2

It's either Bloodborne or my childhood sweetheart Brave Fencer Musashi. I love both of them equally, even though if I only get to play one game, it's gonna be Bloodborne, the experience of figuring out what really happened in Yharnam is magical, bundled with amazing art design and engaging gameplay, playing it again with fresh experience would be amazing.

Rubblatus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Street Fighter 4. I've gotten much better at fighting games in the past decade and I wish I could go back and see how good SF4 actually is without all the frustration and baggage I associate with that game nowadays.

Manzoli

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Either Dark Souls, The last of us or Super Metroid.

Though question.

There's lots of games i would want that to happen.

But there's also books. Oh how i wish i could read for The first time again The King Killer Chronicles... Sigh..

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
Breath of the Wild. It gave me a sense of amazement that no other games has in a longass time.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
FEZ or Breath of the Wild. Probably the latter because there's so much more game there.

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
Return of the Obra Dinn. That game is literally a one time experience, and I wish I could forget it all again

Vanpastel

Oct 30, 2017
Oblivion, back in the day my pc could barely run it, but still I put almost 400 hours into it. I was going through a rough moment in my life also, to me Oblivion feels like home.