• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

I say...

• BASED!

Votes: 251 29.9%
  • No, thank you. I like to express myself by using various words.

Votes: 589 70.1%

• Total voters

Jaymes

Sep 18, 2021
I could in theory do this, but I'd need to be even more anti-social then I already am. I would need to avoid people constantly and just live somewhere remote and have stuff delivered so I don't have to say small talk in shops. I can still communicate with body language, gestures and written text. In fact, I could learn sign language as I would have plenty of time spare from not needing to work anymore. Needing hospital treatment might be awkward, but for two million dollars I could do it, except due to personal distress I talk to myself constantly and consciously forcing myself to only ever utter two words verbally for the rest of my life is a bit too much to force myself to get into the habit of. I assume the two million and all it brought gets taken back, the moment I say another word that's not based or cringe.

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think I would say no thanks. There's a ton of people who would happily pay two million to be able to speak, so I'll trust the experts

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
inumaki-jujutsu-kaisen.gif

BASED! CRINGE!

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
Two million bucks is supposed to last me roughly 40-60 years? I certainly wouldn't be working anymore with that kind of talk and that's significantly less than what I'd make just working normally.

Terrible deal, get out of here

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Man there are a lot of rich folks here who can somehow say 2 million dollars is nothing with a straight face. Take that money and move to a foreign country where they wouldn't know what you're saying anyway. You can still communicate through writing so its not that big of a loss

Good4Squat

Nov 2, 2017
I dislike having to communicate through text already (ironic I know). Being forced to do that and only that isn't worth that amount of money to me.

nutmeg

Apr 23, 2021
Like I said, ASL will do for the rest.

What, no. The hot dog vendor will not understand ASL. You can of course use gestures and point, but that's not the same.

I'm still curious about the binary language though. You could only use it with people who specifically trained for it, so I guess friends and family? I couldn't imagine saying cringe over and over to my children, I would just teach them ASL instead.

Man there are a lot of rich folks here who can somehow say 2 million dollars is nothing with a straight face. Take that money and move to a foreign country where they wouldn't know what you're saying anyway. You can still communicate through writing so its not that big of a loss

It's a priviledged position for sure. There are starving people who would happily give up their voice and an arm for that money. But I can live comfortably on my own salary, so I see no reason handicapping myself for purely extra comfort.

StarStorm

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll keep my vocabulary and talk like a normal person. Based is still in?

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
I used to think "thank you, based god" was more like "thank you-based god". This poll is like if there was a cringe-based god.

Fiction

Fanthropologist
Oct 25, 2017
Elf Tower, New Mexico
Sure, I could do so much with that kind of money. I'd just become a mute and write everything.

I could still sing too since you said say.

So many loopholes!

Exist 2 Inspire