• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Beyblade (anime where they cursed and had blood and partial nudity, mofos!) is back!

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the real truth was that since they're now made of metal Beyblades are more dangerous than ever.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
I love these random ass threads about stuff I know nothing about.
I always learn about something I definitely would have been super into if I knew about it at the right time.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
fyi, it was played by many older teens, and even middle aged people. theres alot more to it than just pulling a cord and building the coolest one. also, look at the link, the blades are mostly metal and more dangerous than ever

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

and yugioh is even more bonkers

Hey, we know our stuff here
www.resetera.com

Is there anything more ridiculous than Beyblade saying Moses used a bey to split the seven seas?

I've seen a lot of silly things in media but this one has got be the most absurd I mean, this entire scene just baffles and leaves me with so many questions. Of all the things to include...why this. The fact that this is taken seriously makes it even more absurd

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the real truth was that since they're now made of metal Beyblades are more dangerous than ever.
that gaf thread will always be hilarious. I was too young to be on gaf then, and the reaction would be totally different now since there's members that played with beyblades as kids.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
it really is an interesting game, actually. so who will be pre ordering these cool looking new series? remember there all metal and bound to have more intense battles.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
In all honesty the English dub for BeyBlade is lowkey one of the best comedy animes out there. The amount of botched line reads and weird voice acting decisions make it legit hysterical at times.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I knew exactly what you were going to post, so the thread title was wrong.

and I am disappointed, I wanted to learn hidden truths I did not already know :(

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder what the pitch for beyblades was like...

So we are trying to sell a toy... A spinning top. Basically the original toy it's been going since the dradle... But these are new customizable so kids have to buy new parts. We need a tv show to show it off...

You want a tv show for spinning tops?

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
i actually went to those world championships. mad fun. i was on the stage like 3 hours later to claim my prize for spinning a beyblade for a really long time. like 2 minutes. but my record spin time is slightly over 3.5 minutes.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
My brother and I jacked up our parents ceramic tub when we were younger after turning it into a makeshift beyblade arena. 😅

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
In all honesty, though, I've had a lot of kids showing me their Beyblades over the years. The last time my nephew visited, he told me that his was a balanced type because it doesn't fall over very easily.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
im telling you , its no kids game. switch was intended for kids and all yous just love the switch

whys everyone so immature. god. if you dont care for beyblade then dont post. it just got revived and alots gonna change, excluding all you little kids on the forums.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

So we are trying to sell a toy... A spinning top. Basically the original toy it's been going since the dradle... But these are new customizable so kids have to buy new parts. We need a tv show to show it off...

Looks like in this case it was actually launched with a manga series and the anime (which started a couple years later) was just initially adapting that. I didn't know that before now, huh. So there's the new real truth I've learned...

In any case, it's actually not that weird of a thing for me? These kinds of toys feel like they're entirely designed around being multimedia projects. So I wouldn't expect that it was necessarily "we want to sell a toy, so let's do a comic/show to help sell it" as much as "let's design a toy that can work well for being sold by a comic/show".

Shuckle

Mar 30, 2018
I looked up the "blades are mostly metal and more dangerous than ever" and I realized that half of this thread is quoting a neogaf thread from 2008. Now that's a pretty deep cut.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I looked up the "blades are mostly metal and more dangerous than ever" and I realized that half of this thread is quoting a neogaf thread from 2008. Now that's a pretty deep cut.

Hey you don't know the legend of Brandonk?

Also, Beyblades have even more metal since those days, which means he succeeded

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
c1996068-327a-4340-9eaj2s.jpeg

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017

Given the history of kids toylines and cartoons, seems like a pretty easy sell.

"You want to make a cartoon about bugs made from a easy-bake oven?"