• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which IP:

• Perfect Dark

Votes: 145 11.7%
  • Banjo

Votes: 223 18.0%
  • Splinter Cell

Votes: 144 11.6%
  • Ninja Gaiden

Votes: 123 9.9%
  • Lost Odyssey

Votes: 188 15.2%
  • Knights of the Old Republic

Votes: 301 24.3%
  • Project Gotham Racing

Votes: 113 9.1%

• Total voters

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Most review sites and even the wiki classify it as a platformer. IGN, gamespot are a few examples. What would you classify the first game as?
Just checked out a gameplay video. Blinx can infact jump.
The gameplay is however almost all sucking up junk and using it to eliminate all the monsters in the level. You could call it an action game i guess?

eDIGI

Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The gameplay is however almost all sucking up junk and using it to eliminate all the monsters in the level. You could call it an action game i guess?

I remember there being sections where you had to use double jump to proceed through the level but its been a long time so I could be wrong lol, I'm not sure lol. Not trying to derail the thread though lol

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2018
Perfect Dark and Banjo.

giphy.gif

And this game. KUNG FU CHAOS.

51Xns%2Brz2QL._AC_.jpg

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
KotOR II is my single favourite game, so I'd absolutely love a new Obsidian KotOR RPG... But I just don't think Star Wars: Anything should count for the purposes of this sort of discussion. So, while my vote has gone to KotOR, I'd like to also offer a write-in: Crimson Skies.

I just think we need more sky pirate games in the world. Ideally, I'd want a prospective Crimson Skies reboot to be some sort of aerial action RPG, combining a strong story/roleplaying mechanics with fun aerial combat, airship-based set pieces, and so on. There'd also be on-foot stuff, but it'd mainly just consist of talking to folks and exploring towns, your airship/hub, and so on. The combat focus would overwhelmingly be on the planes.

Basically, I want Mass Effect + aerial combat + the Normandy's a sick blimp.

ArchAngel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gun Valkyrie

The moment you master the controls and fly through the level without touching the ground <3

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely would really like a new Phantom Dust. Out of the ones listed? Lost Odyssey.

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't define KotOR as an Xbox IP myself, even considering TC's own definition, because I just rejected that definition I guess, so I didn't pick it. If I was going to include Xbox exclusive games/IPs, I'd want a JSRF sequel first and a KotOR sequel second (the latter developed by Obsidian, obv.).

My answer is Kung Fu Chaos, though. It's one of the few party/arena fighters that was released in the wake of Smash Bros. that was really, really good.

Bonus: Microsoft owns Ninja Theory now!

I'd call it a puzzle platformer. Collecting those cat heads in particular was dependent on a bit of exploration and then, once you've found the collectible, figuring out how to use time powers to collect them.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
It is beyond time for Jet Force Gemini to be brought Back as a modern TPS. I can see it in my mind's eye...

Mentok

Oct 27, 2017
I love KotoR, but played both on PC, so don't really see it as "associated with XBox" as much as Lost Odyssey or Ninja Gaiden (my pick).

I'd still want to see a new Phantom Dust. I almost bought the X1 for it!

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
Very tough choice between Banjo, PGR and Perfect Dark... but I went with PGR because I think the others actually have a chance in hell of happening :(

Schlep

Oct 29, 2017
If I can only choose one, GunValkyrie by a mile. If I'm allowed more, I'll add MechAssault and Ninja Gaiden.

KTC

Dec 7, 2017
UK
I would absolutely love a new KOTOR but i don't know if i want BioWare to make it anymore, unless the team that does SWTOR did it anyway.

Oh and Jade Empire if we're talking old BioWare games.

PGR should be a no brainer. I enjoy Forza Horizon but it's simply not the same thing.