• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
On the balance side of things, Ops are MUCH better now, especially the solo ones in the PvE hubs.

Might actually be too easy now.

Travalore

Jul 14, 2019
For anyone having weird mouse sensitivity issues, though it's not mentioned in the notes it seems to have been fixed in this patch, at least for me. No more sensitivity bouncing around randomly!

Loving the patch so far, the prize map seems one of the better takes on the whole battle pass craze atm.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That is definitely a battle pass.

Neat that you get the legendary skin for making it to the end of the pass and a variant if you complete the whole thing.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
It's definitely a battle pass, but at least they aren't charging for them.

Yet anyway, but I'm crossing my fingers that they know that wouldn't really be the moneymaker they want with the audience these games have.

Jack Scofield

Oct 27, 2017
I've been enjoying the game more and more lately. The metagame seems to be improving as well. It's probably because people (including me!) are learning how to properly play their classes.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
the meta is everyone on your team spamming "Stay Together!" as they spread out further and further while the other team swarms and picks you all off one by one

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what it is but the PvP feels bad in this game compared to previous ones in the series, not having a good time at all.

Oct 29, 2017
What is the damn deal with the challenge. Win a round. Ive won 10 rounds with no unlock and yes, i have it pinned.

Greysif

Oct 25, 2017
Played yesterday for a bit and yeah the Ops feels much better now, but the aiming still seems off for some characters?

Hopefully they figure out the aiming and hit detection before release.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Tempted to get this after being bummed out by some other games. I always liked PvZ

Travalore

Jul 14, 2019
What is the damn deal with the challenge. Win a round. Ive won 10 rounds with no unlock and yes, i have it pinned.

Were the wins in Rando Confirmed? The weekly challenges are tied to which ever is the special mode of that week, should say so on the bottom of the challenge screen, I missed that initially, could be made more clear.

Berordn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
NoVA
Sniping with Deadbeard definitely feels better after the update.
Yeah, responsiveness is much improved, even though still a little off. I might just be going off of imperfect memory of the earlier games, but it does feel like some of my hits just aren't registering and they definitely haven't addressed the origination issue that was showcased above.

Still, good progress.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the upgrades in this game are useless. Like Plunder for Deadbeards Parrot. It says reduce the cooldown of eggsplosion when you get crits and yet I don't see the cooldown timer ever go down faster.

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
It seem Turf Takeover's rotation has changed. I believe your side(attacking/defending) will be changed in every two matches now. This small issue took this long to fix....

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
I've never played a PvZ game before, as I'm not really into multiplayer shooters. Does this one have a campaign/story mode?

I've also heard complaints about it being bloated, so I'm not sure if it's worth downloading, even with Origin Access Premier. I like my SP experiences streamlined and relatively short. Anything over 30 hours feels like a slog, nowadays.

Travalore

Jul 14, 2019
I've never played a PvZ game before, as I'm not really into multiplayer shooters. Does this one have a campaign/story mode?

I've also heard complaints about it being bloated, so I'm not sure if it's worth downloading, even with Origin Access Premier. I like my SP experiences streamlined and relatively short. Anything over 30 hours feels like a slog, nowadays.

There are four PvE story campaigns, two for each faction (Plants & Zombies) each of which will likely take less than three hours to complete. The main PvE time sink is the optional side content like collecting the Golden Gnomes, doing Boss Hunts, Ops Mode or Battle Chests.

EeK9X

Jan 31, 2019
There are four PvE story campaigns, two for each faction (Plants & Zombies) each of which will likely take less than three hours to complete. The main PvE time sink is the optional side content like collecting the Golden Gnomes, doing Boss Hunts, Ops Mode or Battle Chests.

Thanks for letting me know. Decided to give the game a try, but I'm having a couple of weird issues on PC.

The first one is that I can't use a controller. I have an Astro C40 TR, which works as an Xbox 360 gamepad (XInput device), but if I press "A" at the title screen to initiate the game, it just keeps loading indefinitely. Pressing "space" or any other key on the keyboard makes the game load almost instantly, but the gamepad becomes unusable immediately afterwards. Any button press makes an icon pop up saying that "P2" is unavailable (no way to change preferred input settings in-game).

The second issue is related to HDR. The game runs in Dolby Vision on my LG C9, which is great. However, quitting the game or even alt-tabbing form it causes the screen to go dark (I'm assuming because of a driver crash), forcing me to turn the display off and back on again.

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
I wish there was a little explanation about the Lawn of Doom challenges.
Trying to go through the Scientists challenges, does anybody know how many Revive's you need to achieve the "revive spree" challenge ?

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Some of the upgrades in this game are useless. Like Plunder for Deadbeards Parrot. It says reduce the cooldown of eggsplosion when you get crits and yet I don't see the cooldown timer ever go down faster.
Last time I checked, the upgrade to cool down the mech for the Imp was busted as well. I haven't used the mech since the latest patch. There are definitely some odd issues with a variety of things, including the upgrades. At least most of them seem to be working properly.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Devs have said the next round of stuff they'll be looking at are Super Brains, Engineer, and sprinting.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like we won't be getting any more balance patches or significant changes in time for the full release on Friday.

Wonder how much of a population boost the game will get with the full release. I feel like with MW around the corner, this game is just gonna fly under the radar for the remainder of the year.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man the halloween event is such a crazy grind to get things.

Anyway, still enjoying this. PvE stuff is quite fun.

Oct 29, 2017

Are you doing the class challenges? I didnt even realize they existed until the other day. Some of the requirements are a bit high but you can generally get them by just playing the class.

Oct 29, 2017
No, I had idea this was a thing either. Where are they listed?

Someone correct me but I believe there are two challenges screens. One has the daily challenges that you can re-roll and the other shows 5 different classes, you activate one and it lists 4-5 challenges for you to complete. Honestly, I havent played for a few days so Im a little bit hazy on how I found it.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Someone correct me but I believe there are two challenges screens. One has the daily challenges that you can re-roll and the other shows 5 different classes, you activate one and it lists 4-5 challenges for you to complete. Honestly, I havent played for a few days so Im a little bit hazy on how I found it.
Yes, when you are on the challenge tab in your menu, you can alternate between two "sub pages" to look at more general challenges and class specific ones.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see it now, is this only for pvp?

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom

It's a real grind which is a damn shame. It's actually resulted in our group stopping playing the game in favour of other things at the moment - a deincentivising addition. Perfect example of a poorly tuned battle pass.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
These challenges are actually helping a lot

Oct 29, 2017
Man...the PVP sometimes is just a total shit show. Just played a match where I would watch players pop into existence and I got sniped THROUGH a large chunk of the level. There is also the random deaths at times where just out of nowhere, you lose all your health. They seem to all be lag related issues but I have a fast internet package. Really hope they can clean this up.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Man...the PVP sometimes is just a total shit show. Just played a match where I would watch players pop into existence and I got sniped THROUGH a large chunk of the level. There is also the random deaths at times where just out of nowhere, you lose all your health. They seem to all be lag related issues but I have a fast internet package. Really hope they can clean this up.
I was hoping the cleanup would be before Friday but I'm guessing the next patch is probably going to be in November.

Eduardboon

Oct 27, 2017
The game is good fun, HDR mode needs settings though. My LG darkens the entire screen whenever some particle effects come on. Wish the xbox one could disable HDR for one game lol.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Only 8 more bulbs and I reach the super zombie skin in the end of the event. After that I'll see what I can clean up from the rest.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'll be playing MW too much to care at that point.
Yeah, with the upcoming stuff down the road I wouldn't be surprised if some players start dropping it next month. I'm already taking a break from it due to some frustrations
Only 8 more bulbs and I reach the super zombie skin in the end of the event. After that I'll see what I can clean up from the rest.
I totally bailed on this. Just didn't care about doing the challenges and had weird times where I had to restart the game to buy something that I could definitely afford.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I totally bailed on this. Just didn't care about doing the challenges and had weird times where I had to restart the game to buy something that I could definitely afford.
I'm just glad it was free. I don't care about the emotes and voice bubbles and that's a lot of the pass. Plus some of the stuff is for characters I don't like playing as (Electric Slide)

Oct 29, 2017
Is it just me or are the PVP issues getting worse? Now what I have been seeing fairly frequently is zombie medics using their warp....but without the warp effect. So before, you could at least tell what direction they were warping to, but a lot of the time now they just blink out of existence and appear behind you.

Mar 19, 2019
How is the game for everyone? Good? Bad? Worth getting if I'm already invested in Splatoon 2? Will I likely play it over Splatoon 2?