• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 25448

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So If I buy the founders edition now, do I get access to the full game at launch? Or do I have to pay extra for it?

MrTommo2304

Apr 4, 2019
Oh wow I'm so excited. Definitely getting this today. What an interesting approach, there doesn't seem to be any real 'downside' to getting it now aside from you're essentially beta-testing it. But considering you don't pay any more for the full release...

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
with EA access you get it for $27

i liked the first one. never played the second. Not sure i would play the third that much... hmmm.. but it looks fun ;/ hm.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
A very convoluted but interesting approach by EA here with the early access roll out. I assume after the alpha the team felt things needed more time which is why we have this approach.

I adored GW2, very excited to get on this tonight with some friends!

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Do that they still do that thing where a new skin always had different attacks? like if you got an ice skin they would have ice attacks? Really like that in the first game

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh fuck off EA with your hub-worlds/zones/etc.

This shit is only in these kind of games to show off your newly bought skins so that little billy can be laughed at by his friends that he can't pay for the new skin his friends already have. They even talked about it in the trailer.

Show off to your friends...

Fuck off EA.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
They fucking did it again. PC players don't get local multiplayer or co op.

I fucking wrote them about this with PvZ2 I'm legitimately irritated right now.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
Oh fuck off EA with your hub-worlds/zones/etc.

This shit is only in these kind of games to show off your newly bought skins so that little billy can be laughed at by his friends that he can't pay for the new skin his friends already have. They even talked about it in the trailer.

Show off to your friends...

Fuck off EA.

The HUB zones are used to enter in the open world sp missions, PvP and PvE.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I really want to play this, but also Gears and a million other games coming out.

Broadbandit

Oct 29, 2017
I might actually grab this on ps4 (since I am doing all other FPS on pc). The first 2 were so much fun and very easy to play casually.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
More monetization garbage that ruined the last 2 games. Pass.

Oct 29, 2017
More monetization garbage that ruined the last 2 games. Pass.

I still dont really understand this. I played quite a bit of the last two games and I dont remember ever feeling the need to drop money on anything. Unlocking in game currency to unlock characters happened pretty quickly. The shittiest thing that bothered me was the random nature of it all. You could unlock a new character after only 2-3 matches but you couldnt pick WHICH character you would unlock.

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
The price, with additional discount for EA Access members is tempting, I'm not gonna lie. And I really liked previous games.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Anyone play this on PC have any impressions on the multiplayer? Are people playing it?

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
Sit in boring and lifeless menus? Everyone wants to get away from those. :) An ingame hub makes people relate much more to the in-game worlds and their characters.

That's one way to look at it. I like clicking few buttons in a menu to get into a game instead of loading into a world, running around for half a minute, and only then being able to do the few button clicks and actually get into a game properly. Menus are glorious in their effectiveness, running in a hub that usually does nothing except present flashy buttons to do the menu things is annoying.

I suppose it matters whether the game is mostly multiplayer or mostly singleplayer. I don't mind the hubs in for example Monster Hunter World, but in games like Call of Duty (WW2) and PVZ I would much prefer the simple approach of everything being available in menus.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
That's one way to look at it. I like clicking few buttons in a menu to get into a game instead of loading into a world, running around for half a minute, and only then being able to do the few button clicks and actually get into a game properly. Menus are glorious in their effectiveness, running in a hub that usually does nothing except present flashy buttons to do the menu things is annoying.

Yeap, but when done right, and the game features support interesting things, it can be incredible.

Take Stormwind or Orgrimmar in WoW, for example, they effectively are hubs, but built amazingly to support most / all game features. :)

Rokal

Oct 25, 2017
Out now and for $30 no less? Hell yeah. I dumped a ton of time into GW2 and have been looking forward to the next one for years. GW games are a really positive, well-made, and fun shooter.

I didn't find the micro transactions too obtrusive in GW2 though there were a tooooon of classes and customizations to unlock. The grind never felt in any way mandatory, but I do have some concerns that it could tilt a bit further into an obtrusive and not-fun situation in the sequel.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
A very convoluted but interesting approach by EA here with the early access roll out. I assume after the alpha the team felt things needed more time which is why we have this approach.

I adored GW2, very excited to get on this tonight with some friends!
Studio is trying new approach. Getting the game out early in a scaled back state to the hard core fan base to start getting invaluable feedback from their community as they continue to build on other modes and features for when the game launches in full.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dang it looks so good visually, and finally split screen in every mode is a MAJOR sell for me. Just a bit sad there's no Switch version.