• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What one Studio would you pick to Watch?

• NBCUniversal

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • WarnerMedia

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Viacom

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Walt Disney studios

Votes: 56 67.5%
  • Sony Pictures

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Thread Title. I know their are Disney Fans here, but also many other studio fans

You can pick one Major Studio, Major Studio as laid out by Wikipedia include:

1. NBCUniversal - Universal Studios - Focus Pictures - Working Title Films - Illumination - Dreamworks Animation

2. Viacom - Paramount Studios - Nickelodeon Movies - Paramount Animation

3. WarnerMedia - Warner bros - HBO Films -New Line Cinema - DC films - Warner bros Animation

4. Walt Disney Studios - Fox Searchlight Lucasfilm - Marvel Studios - 20th Century Fox - Pixar Animation - Walt Disney Animation - Blue Sky Studios

5. Sony Pictures - Columbia Pictures - Sony Picture Classics - Screen Gems - Sony Pictures Animation

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
rko-logo-n1191.jpg

Whoever owns RKO these days.

edit: Looks like it is Warner.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Warner Bros has more of the stuff I'm interested in so then.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Disney easily. Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, Disney Animation, Touchstone Pictures, and Fox.

Deleted member 33

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
If we're talking only movies, then I'd give Disney an edge over Warner Bros. Only because Disney now owns 20th Century Fox's content too. Which includes National Geographic and R-rated stuff.

But if we're including television, then Warner Bros/Time Warner is pretty killer. We're talking HBO, Cinemax, Cartoon Network, Turner Classic Movies, TNT, TBS, The CW, DC Universe, Looney Tunes.

Honestly, I think the streaming war between Disney+ and HBO Max (Warner) will be really fascinating to watch.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Im interested
If we're talking only movies, then I'd give Disney an edge over Warner Bros. Only because Disney now owns 20th Century Fox's content too. Which includes National Geographic.

But if we're including television, then Warner Bros/Time Warner is pretty killer. We're talking HBO, Cinemax, Cartoon Network, Turner Classic Movies, TNT, TBS, The CW, DC Universe...

Honestly, I think the streaming war between Disney+ and HBO Max (Warner) will be really fascinating to watch.

Yeah the output gets much more confusing if TV is included, I can see HBO Max replacing Netflix at least a month by month basis

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
This gets much harder if you throw in TV shows as well, but with just movies... Disney.

I mostly watch the MCU and animated films.

That being said Dreamworks movies really don't do much for me, but their TV shows are actually in general solid.

OP
OP
BringBackSonics
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
This gets much harder if you throw in TV shows as well, but with just movies... Disney.

I mostly watch the MCU and animated films.

That being said Dreamworks movies really don't do much for me, but their TV shows are actually in general solid.

I was thinking about TV, but the ownership rights of shows vs networks would have made that a tangled mess.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like RKO is owned by a company called RKO Pictures LLC
My quick look seems to point to them somehow owning the copyright to the films themselves but literally none of the distribution rights(television, video, or theatrical) which is a bit of a perplexing setup. The vast majority of that seems to be with Warner so I guess I'll stick with them.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Disney. You got Fox Searchlight too if you want to see some very creative movies.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't say I'm the biggest Star Wars, Marvel, FOX, etc. fan, but due to the sheer volume of stuff I'd probably go for Disney. Summit also worth the consideration as they own Lionsgate.

Wamb0wneD

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Disney has 20th Century Fox in there so....yeah. Warner is close second though for sure. Third is Sony because of Columbia.
The amount of times I heard this as a child.

May 24, 2019
Easy.

Duh.

As a kid who pretty much grew up in a video store, that shield is almost a religious symbol.

edit: Kubrick! C'mon.

Last edited:

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
6. Brazzers. I think they've set the industry standard with their whimsical and light hearted story telling with leading woman Lisa Ann and leading man Johnny Sin.