• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Make gwent the main game

But seriously,very few things i would change. Maybe would have made a skill tree like the first Witcher with interesting mutagens

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
That would be so lame. Every other rpg has create your own character. One of the reasons witcher games are good , because of single defined main character with history

You still have a "written" character male and female could even keep the script the exact same. YOu'd just be able to completely alter how they look and their abilities based on the schools.

It's not rocket science to do both.

To extrapolate on this, Geralt has a lot of choices in his games especially 3 that could be seen as defining his character that are optional and/or can affect different outcomes in things like letting people die and the like. Just because he had a set name didn't mean you weren't already given control. I'm just saying we should go all the way

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
More immediate controls in connection with visual feedback. Combat hasn't been my issue with the game, it's the responsiveness of everything though.

I went back to it a few months ago to play more Hearts of Stone and finally play Blood & Wine. This is after a year plus away. I couldn't do it. Why can't Geralt move when I move him? It's like riding a horse in Red Dead Redemption 2 except for literally everything you do. It makes no sense.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
If I'm limited to making only one change, I'd make the game first-person.
I have many issues with the game which have prevented me from making much progress into it despite repeated attempts, but I think it all starts with the game being third-person.
I don't get drawn into a game or immersed in its world when viewed from a pulled-back third-person perspective, and can barely stand to play it for an hour or two let alone 50–200 hours.

There are mods which put the game in a first-person perspective, but as with most third > first person mods, you still have the janky third-person movement holding everything back, so you can't really play the game like that even if it makes for some nice videos.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Food is absolutely a necessity on higher difficulties.
I wouldn't say absolute necessity as I didn't need them when I got higher level and larger amount of potions.

And as you said it's only used often on higher difficulties. I had hundreds if not thousands of them by the time I'm playing Blood and Wine.

motherless

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Great game play instead of below average game play.
-close second is the encumbrance system and all the junk item acquiring.

Deleted member 29464

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Make Gwent the main campaign, and all the quests are about collecting cards.

They made Thronebreaker and there is a kind of a mod for that on PC.

Mine's a little different, I want even more interesting locations that add to the lore or feel unique. New Vegas somewhat does this despite its heavy asset reuse (I'm sure other Bethesda games do too but I'm not as a big as a fan so I'm not too familiar with them). To give a couple of examples of what I mean, you could explore and find a vault where you would learn what happened to its residents, and then come across some ruins where the robots still give tours for the space company that was housed there. Doing great quests and finding unique locations like that made exploring New Vegas a treat and while TW3 does the first well, it could be better. BOTW's sequel could learn from this too as in my opinion, it was even worse and as a result I didn't really enjoy exploration as much as I thought I would.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Make Gwent more like the more polished and fantastic looking puzzle card game from Thronebreaker.

Oct 17, 2018
Better combat. Witcher 3 was only a 6-7/10 for me because the combat was absolutely abysmal. That and hopefully remove witcher vision or something. It's no fun just having witcher vision activated the whole game.

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Since I can only have one it would be to either have a) combat with more depth and weight or b) significantly improved enemy variety and design (which I thought W3 was quite lacking in)

That would be so lame. Every other rpg has create your own character. One of the reasons witcher games are good , because of single defined main character with history

100% agree. I don't want a 'create your own Witcher'. Folks can have that for their Elder Scrolls but leave my predefined, established characters alone for this series.

More verticality in exploration

This is a great suggestion and one I feel is almost a given considering the changes they made to the REDengine to acommodate the increase in verticality (amongst other things) in Cyberpunk 2077

OP
OP

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I miss this game. :P
Same! I actually downloaded it in early May to play it again, but that was when the Witcher 3 on Switch rumors began to surface, so I figured I'd wait. Now it's coming, and I'll just play it then when I manage to get it there, but it's really hard not to throw myself into it now lol.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Improve the combat precisely by not making it as in any of From Software games.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Improve the combat precisely by not making it as in any of From Software games.
3USgt2g.gif

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I expect most would say combat and quest design and that's completely fair and valid.

Main thing I want is a different timeline and set of characters. Youve done Geralts story, it'd be a waste of an IP to stick around with his group of friends instead of using that IP to come up with brand new characters and explore a timeline you have a bit more freedom to do what you want.

Heid

Jan 7, 2018
I was so bummed out when I didn't get to play Post game Witcher 3 with Ciri as a side kick.

Streamline loot and lose encumbrance. Basically do it like Souls.
Nah thats dumb.

Keep encumbrance but make it a big ass backpack you can instantly drop when you enter combat or hook up to horse or pay NPCs to carry back to your stash or something. You know, something actually interesting.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
I would remove the retreading of the books in a heart beat. So many story beats and small quests are taken straight outta the book series but given a new coat of paint. Would much rather see new stuff in this fan fiction world.

Skagulis

Oct 27, 2017
Character Creation.

Pick a Witcher school, make a character male or female, go all in on the power fantasy.

This would be awesome idea to do for an online witcher game(many probably dont want this). Maybe they take influence from RDR2 and have a separate online mode. Ciri could be the playable character for the single player story.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I want a bigger focus on the sci-fi elements. More portals to other worlds and such.

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Less sex stuff. It was totally unnecessary and I could never understand why 'progressive' twitter gamer types thought it was so edgy and cool and #woke. It was super male gazey and just lame.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Character creator, move away from Witchers and explore something else on another continent.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Ciri as MC please, Geralt's time is over. Outside of that tighten up the combat a bit, don't care much about other things like verticality etc. Oh make Gwent an even larger part of the game, that shit is so good.