• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ronabs

Mar 15, 2018
No One Lives Forever

nolf2_pic6.jpg

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Can't decide if Prince of Persia, a linear action and combat based platformer with a sharp narrative, or Soul Reaver with similar features.

I miss them both :(

Mendoza

Oct 29, 2017
Columbus
Osu Tatakae Ouendan 3(Less likely a localized Elite Beat Agents)
I was hoping for a sequel on 3DS in Japan and it never happened. Our last hope was Wii U. I've all but given up hope at this point, and can only dream of what could have been.

As far as I know, the developer iNiS has faded into obscurity with their last project being the unbelievable flop of a Kickstarter Rap Rabbits.They left to work with Microsoft on Lips for 360 and we never saw them partner with Nintendo again. Sucks.

Deleted member 82

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osu Tatakae Ouendan 3(Less likely a localized Elite Beat Agents)
I was hoping for a sequel on 3DS in Japan and it never happened. Our last hope was Wii U. I've all but given up hope at this point, and can only dream of what could have been.

As far as I know, the developer iNiS has faded into obscurity with their last project being the unbelievable flop of a Kickstarter Rap Rabbits.They left to work with Microsoft on Lips for 360 and we never saw them partner with Nintendo again. Sucks.

Ouendan is legit the game that made me come back to console/handheld games. It's what first got me excited about the DS, and was one of my system sellers.
Rhythm Heaven sort of took the torch once it became clear Ouendan would never come back. So, I guess I'd want a Rhythm Heaven Switch. An actual sequel though; none of this "Best of" crap they pulled on 3DS.

Aveyn Knight

Nov 29, 2017
UK
Has to be Suikoden. The Trails series sort of scratches the same itch (the politics is mainly in the background), but I'd really like to see that saga continue.

KiKaL

Oct 26, 2017
Tribes
Quake (I enjoyed Quake Champions but it's pretty much dead)
Unreal Tournament

Tribes is probably the once I miss the most at this point. Sadly it seems like gamers have moved on from these series since the last entries didn't go great. Granted they all had pretty poor showings or issues from developers.

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Guardian Heroes, duh. I'll always think it's multibranch approach was one of the best systems to make a BEU feel "home console worthy". Multiple 1 or 2 hour adventures all under one solid set of gameplay, and with a VS mode that lets you mess around with almost every character in the game... this really is the kind of stuff I thought gaming would start to iterate on. Instead we got Battle Royals, fancy hat upgrades, and Free 2 Plays... Why can't I get a great expanding console 2D BEU F2P, anyhow? Ugh...

Anywho...
Super Monday Night Combat.
Yeah, I'd be up for that. A series I enjoyed enough to actually plug into the PC only "sequel" for. That first Summer of Arcade with SMNC was fantastic.
Folklore would be nice to have again.
I miss these kind of games on Sony systems. This is the kinda thing that had me wanting a PS2, not a Days Gone or even a GOW. I'd be much more hype for their State of Plays if there was at least 1 series that felt more... "niche" like this.
Binary Domain needs a remaster and a sequel
As I play around with PSVR, I started to think how Binary Domain has the kind of interaction I want in a VR game. Superhot is slightly on the right track, but... man. That kind of fidelity and reaction from enemies in a game that lets you aim with virtual super precision would be EXCELLENT. The idea of blowing the straps off armor plating, shooting a character with a full helmet dead by shooting him in the eye slit of the helm, or crushing leg armor with a hammer so that the enemy couldn't flex their leg to dodge and jump properly... or being able to dodge a blow, turn you head, and stick a knife directly into a join, and have the enemy react... that'd all be so cool.