• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if this has been posted before, but on top of the exploding barrels you can shoot at in the environment, there are also more objects you can destroy, such as lamps and valves that will kill enemies for you. Including the Nemesis.

In the original Playstation game, it was difficult to tell these objects apart because they blurred with the environment, but through HD emulation, these objects horribly stand out making them easier to see and shoot.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
Holy shit the Worm light? I had no idea.

Also really hope we get the Western Custom Shotgun. My favorite RE weapon.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, damn. Had no idea about the streetlamps.

EDIT: And the pallets. Holy shit.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
This is a terrible tile (like duh, you can kill him, he drops items each time), for completely mind-bending new info. I had NO IDEA this was possible

dennett316

Nov 2, 2017
Blackpool, UK
Oh man, I'm going to be that guy.....Nemesis doesn't die from those, he just gets temporarily stopped. You can do that with regular guns too, and you get upgrades. Didn't know about those lights though, so that was a neat detail. Knew about the boxes and other stuff.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Wow thanks for the massive fucking spoiler.

Being able to kill Nemesis is like...basic RE3 knowledge. He drops tons of good loot every time you beat him - half the point of the Nemesis sequences is forcing the player to choose between conserving ammo for future encounters vs. burning a bunch of it to potentially get a better reward.

He's not just an "OMG RUN AWAY" enemy like Mr. X was.

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope the loot mechanic returns in REmake 3. It made each encounter with Nemesis feel like a huge decision. To try and escape or to sit his ass down and get some cool shit.

Wireframe

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Cool, never knew about the streetlights or the box. I remember always seeing it hanging in that room. I only knew about the explosive red barrels.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
I think i shot a light once and saw the effect but didn't know what was going on. Had no idea you could shoot other things too. Usually polygonal stuff stands out on prerendered backgrounds.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017

You can't 'kill him' kill him ... he only goes down for that one specific instance he's chasing you and on the Hard difficulty he drops a unique item each time you drop him.

It's just like how you can 'kill' Mr. X in OG RE2 and he drops ammo but he's back up again the next time he's supposed to be chasing you.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Updated the thread title a bit, I actually never knew that about the worm fight lights or pallets.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Holy crap I did not know about any of these environmental elements you could use, I thought it was just the barrels! That's damn good.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Being able to kill Nemesis is like...basic RE3 knowledge. He drops tons of good loot every time you beat him - half the point of the Nemesis sequences is forcing the player to choose between conserving ammo for future encounters vs. burning a bunch of it to potentially get a better reward.

He's not just an "OMG RUN AWAY" enemy like Mr. X was.
Yep and if you run away, Nemesis actually hunts you down. Not to mention if you remain idle in a single area (not entirely sure about "safe zones") for too long in RE3, the nemesis actually finds you. It gave the perception that the nemesis is constantly and actively hunting you down. It was ahead of its time back then. I can only imagine what's in store for us with RE 3 remake.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Did not know about the lamps, but I did make use of everything else in this video.

Took me a while to realize the wall charges in the clock tower actually did anything lol.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably stuff those remaking the game probably didn't know about, so I'm already preparing myself for the disappointment that this doesn't return. :(

Tttssd1972

May 24, 2019
I had no idea about the wood pallets! That's awesome. Sidebar, I had ZERO clue you didn't have to fight Nemesis on the cable car... it took me 20yrs to figure out all you had to do was turnaround and leave 😭😭😭😭

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
Yep and if you run away, Nemesis actually hunts you down. Not to mention if you remain idle in a single area (not entirely sure about "safe zones") for too long in RE3, the nemesis actually finds you. It gave the perception that the nemesis is constantly and actively hunting you down. It was ahead of its time back then. I can only imagine what's in store for us with RE 3 remake.

You just gave me an excuse to post this:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/to...y-i-think-nemesis-is-such-a-great-foe.142358/

And you are right. He was ahead of its time.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
This is probably stuff those remaking the game probably didn't know about, so I'm already preparing myself for the disappointment that this doesn't return. :(
I don't know if this stuff specifically will return, but I do know RE3's original director though he declined to direct the remake did help a lot in early production and went over the original game design documents with the team, things he learned making it, things he'd want to do differently in a modern era, and things they had scrapped for the original game. I also know one of the big things was more dynamic mechanics surround the environment, like the ability to board up or block doors or making use of the environments as a sorta' cat and mouse thing between you and Nemesis where both he and you could use the environment to your own advantage.

To see what turns up in the actual game, but I do know there were meetings held about this some years ago when RE3 REmake started development. If these precise things are in, to be seen.

lake

Oct 27, 2017
What a great little bite-sized video. Brief, full of interesting tidbits, and of the moment given the imminent remake.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I don't know if this stuff specifically will return, but I do know RE3's original director though he declined to direct the remake did help a lot in early production and went over the original game design documents with the team, things he learned making it, things he'd want to do differently in a modern era, and things they had scrapped for the original game. I also know one of the big things was more dynamic mechanics surround the environment, like the ability to board up or block doors or making use of the environments as a sorta' cat and mouse thing between you and Nemesis where both he and you could use the environment to your own advantage.

To see what turns up in the actual game, but I do know there were meetings held about this some years ago when RE3 REmake started development. If these precise things are in, to be seen.

That's awesome. If we look at the reveal trailer, there is this moment Jill uses a big shelf to block a door. I think it was on Capcom TV that they said this segment is indeed playable (albeit in TPS), so it's like this blocking mechanics will be in the game.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Well, it was written in the manual... so yeah, you can use the street objects to defeat enemies xD

Even on the old systems, with proper SCART / RGB cable, you could tell what was CG and what was realtime graphics, CG had the compression issues and general softness while the real time 3D was aliased and lacked advanced shading/shadows, made finding keys and other interactable objects easy.
I don't remember missing much of that kind of things, we were given the opportunity to aim up and down... that was of use :P

Dec 3, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I- what

giphy.webp