• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Whoa - glad I read your reply. I'm in the same boat - been trying to push an order thru this whole time only to click that link and see it pending with nothing on my bank's transaction history or confirmation email.

Oh you didn't get a pending even on your card? That is weird, since in my case I got 2 pings on my card :/ Took me forever to navigate back to that order page... Even Nintendo.com buries their own store link :/

My theory is for others having credit card issues, it could be because it already processed once and aren't prompt to try again for 'multiples'.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
seems like maybe a little bit of an overreaction but you do you bub
It's the little BS stuff Nintendo does that keeps adding up (inconsistent online back up for games, left joycon drift with no root cause resolution in sight, they overall being 10 years behind on anything online). With the exception of the recent debacle of buying the 3080 I usually do not have any of this BS with PC gaming.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
According to the Nintendo Support forums, someone said they called Nintendo & was told to try again at 6 p.m. Pacific/9 Eastern.

Nintendo Support

Find information, resources, troubleshooting guides and more for Nintendo Switch Family, Nintendo 3DS Family, and other systems, games, and accounts.

I don't know if that means more codes will be given out, but guess I'll keep an eye out.

golfhurts

Oct 25, 2017
I got my code about 15 minutes after it went live. It took me until now to actually place the order. I had entered the code so many times this afternoon it had 4 in my cart by the time I was able to successfully order, but that was easy enough to knock down to 1.

I failed to get a PS5 pre-order, a 3080 order, and I can't get an order of a Phanteks P500a to save my life, but dammit, I got my Mario 35th pins.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
So I tried initially, got to the payment but bugged out while it was processing. No confirmaiton, and no order in my order list.

Now I try to redeem and it says my code is invalid, I fear it's been flagged as redeemed even though it wasn't.

Anyone in my boat?

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
So I tried initially, got to the payment but bugged out while it was processing. No confirmaiton, and no order in my order list.

Now I try to redeem and it says my code is invalid, I fear it's been flagged as redeemed even though it wasn't.

Anyone in my boat?

I had this happen when I switched to a different browser to see if that would work better, but I realized after a while that the pins actually made it into my cart somehow. So maybe keep reloading and see if your cart actually has the pins in it?

Soooo CS's advice is "keep trying" and in my case, my double charges won't mean anything unless it officially went through. No confirmation email for me, but when I went back to the item page it says "your order has already been placed". The I got errors, then I got a maintenance page...

At this point, I have no idea if I even have it or not :/ It is definitely not a card issue anymore (in my case, after being flagged), just more server problems...

Thanks for the update. I've tried saving my card to my Nintendo account just so I don't have to constantly retype all my info out. It still doesn't work but I guess at least it's not as painful.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Ended up purchasing some Amiibos that were sitting in my cart from a while back. I would have removed then but I also had the out of stock SNES controller in there and when I removed that it set me back another hour. Lol.
Very confused why the Mario Kart mission exists if you didn't need to complete it. Seems like if they wanted to increase engagement with the app they'd have required it. Not that I'm complaining. Fuck that game.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
People that got their pins, you going to display them or keep them sealed
I have a couple pin cases that I use to display my videogame and various other geeky ones, so I'm opening 'em... once I'm able to actually (hopefully) order them since I have to wait up to 2 days for the physical gold points to register. :P

Nickerous

Nov 2, 2017
Just tried again and I had no issues whatsoever....were they out of stock or something? I had 11 sets of pins in my cart, but was able to edit to 1 and checkout.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
How do you participate in this mobile event? I just downloaded the game and did the tutorial levels and I'm not seeing this event? Am I missing something?

superpickleman

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For those asking about the Super Mario Kart event, I'm pretty sure you just need to do any of the races that have the SMK characters (sprite Mario or DKJr.)

That being said, you won't get credit for participating until the 29th and it isn't necessary to do to qualify for the pins.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Have you checked https://store.nintendo.com/sales/order/history/ to see if it magically showed up as ordered like mine did?

Yup, nothing. But the other browser I'd tried it on before, I wasn't logged in because the Nintendo Store suddenly decided I wasn't logged in and I couldn't figure out how to log back in again, so if I DID manage to place an order before I switched to the second browser where I AM logged in, then my order is in limbo and I have literally no way to see it. The Order Lookup for non-logged-in users requires that you have an order number, which, lol.

Still trying to check out, still nothing but failures. This is terrible. I hate it.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Yup, nothing. But the other browser I'd tried it on before, I wasn't logged in because the Nintendo Store suddenly decided I wasn't logged in and I couldn't figure out how to log back in again, so if I DID manage to place an order before I switched to the second browser where I AM logged in, then my order is in limbo and I have literally no way to see it. The Order Lookup for non-logged-in users requires that you have an order number, which, lol.

Still trying to check out, still nothing but failures. This is terrible. I hate it.

Different situation than mine, but sounds like a headache, regardless :/

Deleted member 9929

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I FINALLY made it to check https://store.nintendo.com/sales/order/history/ It looks like I DO have an order number on there, but no email... Status is pending... I hope I'm safe?

I do as well. But then I noticed there isn't a card listed by the payment section. Tried calling CS to get the payment info updated and they just advised to try placing the order again at 6 (I'm guessing thats 6 pst since it's past six where I am). Hopefully my order doesn't get cancelled due to payment issues.

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
Got my order in finally - I have a confirmation email but the screen crashed out before I got a confirmation page. I guess it went through

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I do as well. But then I noticed there isn't a card listed by the payment section. Tried calling CS to get the payment info updated and they just advised to try placing the order again at 6 (I'm guessing thats 6 pst since it's past six where I am). Hopefully my order doesn't get cancelled due to payment issues.

I just checked my order and I assume yours also just says "Credit Card - "? Looks like my code went from "invalid" to be able to attempt again, but yeah still getting the card issues. No idea :/ Maybe we will see in 2 more hours...

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
Are codes still available to claim / rolling? I'm getting "We're sorry! The Super Mario Bros. collectible pin set is no longer available."

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
I didnt realize that you had to redeem the gold points. now it says it may take 48 hours. guess i didnt get it.

russbus64

May 1, 2018
I guess I should try again if the order history now shows no orders? Still have a pending charge, but I'm pretty sure I've seen pending charges stick around for a bit on things before. Never got a confirmation email, and the order page before showed no credit card despite the pending charge.

Edit: Just pulled the trigger a second time. Two pending charges now, a confirmation email, and the order page shows my card. That's something at least.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Finally was able to get my code to go through. What a nightmare. I hope everyone who qualifies is able to get one.

I don't know why I expected this to go smoothly, this is Nintendo's exact brand of bullshit for something like this.

Nicko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting on my gold coins from Mario 3D all stars to process.. Says it can take up to 48 hours... Ugh. Guess I'm definitely not getting these pins??

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Did not see that codes were up until two hours in so I hope another wave of codes become available.

Minions

Oct 25, 2017
Here is your reward code!

We're sorry!
The Super Mario Bros. collectible pin set is no longer available.