• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which do you choose?

• Arms

Votes: 95 16.8%
  • Legs

Votes: 425 75.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 47 8.3%

• Total voters

BackwardCap

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
They make you relatively superhuman in their use, but at the cost of most sensations you'd feel in those limbs.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
It depends on how advanced these limbs are. Are they based off of current day tech for cybernetic limbs, or some future enhancement that will make it so these artificial limbs can be almost indistinguishable from flesh and bone?

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Arms please. RSI is a bitch. (Though, how would we prevent 'cheating' in online games by enhanced humans?)

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I can't really think of any benefit to legs and am really surprised it's leading by such a huge margin. Assuming arms also includes hands that opens up so many opportunities and options.

Kay

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Use my legs way more than my arms. Although, ghost in the shell style typing fingers would be pretty sick.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
As I get older the dumb shit I did as a kid is coming back to haunt me. Please give me robo legs before my knees give out on me.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
My arms were great, but I got a few busted things about my legs. So legs.

BUT ALSO, I do NOT want to lose sensation in my hands and fingers.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Arms are also more "intimate", in a sense, I'd rather them be flesh and blood, and feeling things with my hands and fingers is wildly important. Legs are generally just used for standing/walking/running/kicking/whatever, so I'd rather it be legs.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
Legs get you more height, faster speed, longer endurance, higher jumps, etc...

They're also completely hidden if you wear pants, whereas robo arms would require gloves.

giphy.gif

Arms (and hands) for ultimative nerding

It's probably legs.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
I can't really think of any benefit to legs and am really surprised it's leading by such a huge margin. Assuming arms also includes hands that opens up so many opportunities and options.

I think most of us legs folk are thinking about the loss of sensation in our fingers, versus the more limited usefulness of being able to walk or run long distances without getting tired. But you're right, cybernetic hands with cybernetic Ghost in the Shell fingers would be far more useful.

vanty

Oct 26, 2017
Even if you have beastly robot arms you'd still be limited in what you can pick up and stuff because of your body. But robot legs you can run and jump around like crazy even if you're super weak everywhere else.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Legs.

You guys don't realize how debilitating it is when your legs don't work. Not having well-functioning arms sucks, but not being able to walk or run well can literally shorten your lifespan.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Definitely legs. Losing sensation in my hands and fingers would be a bit shit. No more feeling accidental side-boob at night? Fuck that. Plus I can run faster and longer, without my ankles giving way when I'm older. So it's an easy choice, gimme them legs.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like most people can't possibly actually be reading the OP before voting. Superpower aren't worth the loss of sensation, sorry. I like feeling stuff.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Arms because I want to be able to punch through brick walls as a show of my elite upper body strength