• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't that kind of weird to think about? You really can't see or do everything in your lifetime. You'll never see every movie or read every book. You'll never try every food or go to every city everywhere. You really only get to experience things in a limited context for as long as your biological clock permits.

That's why life is kinda cool I guess. We all experience different things and get to share them with one another—especially on the Internet. Era is kinda dope that way because the longer you stay here, the longer you feel like you get to experience everything.

At the end of the day though, just be happy with what you get to experience and try to share that with the world. What's your favorite thing you have experienced?

🤷🏻‍♂️

Quzar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Bro all I wanna do is sit in my room and pull my pud, that's enough for me.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite thing is ordering Chinese food and watching a movie and/or playing video games with my wife and kids.

I'm a simple man.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bro all I wanna do is sit in my room and pull my pud, that's enough for me.

654565019085832195.png

Messi

I am leaving this community!
Oct 25, 2017
In my experience you can't eat ramen with chopsticks. Add that to the list.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
If I can just read Rohan at the Louvre, does it even matter?

My favorite experiences would be pretty long stretches.

My senior year of high school, I was in a program where we traveled for a couple weeks at a time to different states for things like several days of canoeing and camping, a 9 day bike trip, staying in a homeless shelter in DC for a week, running through the desert, and visiting cultural sites. When we were back at school, we would work on long reports about our lives and experiences and organize speakers with different backgrounds to talk about life. Shaped me in a lot of ways.

Living in like 6 places across Japan in three years also shaped me a lot and was when I have most of my favorite memories from. Just too much fun adventuring and growing.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Even if direct all of your focus and energy to one hobby (like games!) it's virtually impossible to experience every one of them.

yogurt

Oct 25, 2017
This is why I find those "1,001 x you HAVE TO do/read/watch/etc before you die" books sort of funny. I know they're just coffee table books, but still, it's the total antithesis of what you're saying here.

Imagine you get the whole series. Now you've got 1,001 books you HAVE to read before you die, 1,001 movies you HAVE to watch before you die, 1,001 places you HAVE to visit before you die, 1,001 albums you HAVE to listen to before you die, and so on.

Until I saw the books I didn't realize just how fucking behind I am! I guess I'd better go ahead and quit my job and cancel all of my plans. I HAVE to do these things before I die, after all.

I sort of want to run the numbers and see if it's even possible. Like, assuming the average movie is 100 minutes, that's almost 70 days of movies to watch. Damn!

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
I made peace with that.

I keep in mind that my favorite thing/song/movie is just out there, waiting for me to find it, and I must never give up!

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
If you did most things, or seen most things, you would have a mental breakdown.
Actually, just thinking about the 7 billion people that exist on this planet, all of them living in their own little worlds, having their own problems, living different lifestyles within different cultures is enough to make you have an existential crisis, so it's probably for the better that we can't do everything.
It just gives a bigger emphasiss on the things that we can do.

OP
OP
Zombine

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
Also, it's very interesting thinking about the frequency in which we actually do the things we claim to enjoy. Certain activities become daily routines like walking/hiking/working out, but how many times do you actually watch that "favorite" film or play the same game over again? It's probably not high for most story heavy things with lots of time investment.