• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

You are playing Rock, Paper, Scissors, and your opponent just beat you with Rock. What do you throw

• Rock

• Paper

• Scissors

• The only winning move is not to play

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oct 27, 2017
This is a little experiment. You are playing a 2-out-of-3 game of RPS for $1,000, and you just lost the first round by throwing scissors to your opponent's rock. The countdown has started...

ROCK
PAPER
SCISSORS
THROW!

What do you throw? Please don't look at the poll results before voting, but feel free to explain your reasoning below.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Scissors for sure. The odds are stacked in your favor of either winning or tying round 2.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
NmJG6z.gif

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Lies. There's no way I could be beat by an opponent throwing rock

because I throw rock 100% of the time

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Rock, Paper, Scissors is 95% a mind game, so I cannot answer this question without staring my opponent in the eyes.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
1 and 2 are always scissors. After that I may go paper, but my first two moves are always scissors.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
They think I will try to trick them by throwing scissors again so they will throw rock but I know that they think I will trick them so I will throw paper but i know that they know that they think i will try to outsmart them by throwing scissors but they think they know this so they will throw rock and i know this so i will throw paper and there's no way they could unravel this so i will always win.

PlateOfShrimp

Apr 16, 2020
Ridiculous question! I need to know where we're playing at what time against who along with what the temperature is outside, and then I can calculate the winning move. I'm not gonna just guess here!

Youngfossil

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, when playing RPS, I got Ultra Instinct. I dont even think. I go by sheer instinct. I win most of the time.

So I guess to answer the Q... I dont know

b00

Oct 28, 2017
Hypothetical question is invalid as I would have thrown rock first. Always throw rock