• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you take the deal?

• Yes

Votes: 493 90.5%
  • No, but I might for some other domestic animal

Votes: 27 5.0%
  • No

Votes: 25 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
  1. You can adopt cats, film your friends and neighbors' cats, visit cat cafes, film cats in the wild, etc.
    1. You can occasionally film videos about other felines.
    2. At least 90% of your videos must be about the house cat Felis catus.
    3. If you choose to adopt any cats, it must be Felis catus, not any other type of cat.
  2. The videos must be about real cats. They cannot be cartoon, CG etc cats.
  3. The payment is indexed for inflation every quarter.
  4. You get US$ 50,000 at the start of every month (after inflation).
  5. You can receive the money in any fiat currency and in any financial institution.
  6. You are free to monetize your cat videos. If you make a profit from monetizing the cat videos, you keep the additional profit.
  7. The money is pre-tax. Though depending on your country's tax law, you may be able to deduct the expenses related to your cats and the making of the videos.
  8. Any expense related to the cats and video making equipment comes out of your own pocket (which includes your monthly $50,000 payment).
  9. You must devote time to taking care of any cats you may adopt and making videos on part with a full time job.
    1. If your country has a legal maximum work week before overtime, you must devote that much time to your cats and the videos on average.
    2. If your country does not have a legal maximum work week, you must devote at least 40 hours a week on average.
    3. If your country has mandatory vacation, sick leave, etc, those also apply to your cat video making.
    4. If your country does not have mandatory vacation, sick leave, etc, you get 2 weeks vacation, 1 week of sick leave, and 12 weeks parental leave.
  10. You must publish your cat videos. Your output volume must be comparable to a full time video maker.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Cats are amazing and hilarious. You could pay me 10% of that and I'd take the job.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
1c54a004-c05a-4aa6-94tykfa.png

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I'd love doing this. I'd just travel around and go to animal shelters, making videos about all the different adoptable cats.

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah, I love cats and have 4. I would totally use the time to film and promote cats at local rescues in my area. A dream job for sure.

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
Cats love me so that's easy money. Even cat described as mean by their owner are super nice to me.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit, absolutely.

I'd even use the opportunity to rescue more cats than the two I already have, some of which I'm sure I'd adopt myself lol

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Nah, I dont want to get paid really well for a low pressure job.

I only accept jobs that pay like shit and cause anxiety.

OP
OP
Raftina

Raftina

Jun 27, 2020
what does that mean

once a day?

once a week?

i dont follow cat people
I am not sure either. I think most animal video channels only put out 1-2 videos a week. They are probably not full time video makers though. But then again, you cannot really put out too many of them because of fatigue.

Do I have to edit the videos myself?
Sure.

Long as video editing and video promoting is part of the 40hr a week requirement.
The video edits count toward the time requirement. You can outsource it if you really do not want to learn it though.

Yeah but I'd pay someone 200,000 a year to do it for me so I could just be in the videos and not do any of the work.
Adopt two cats, stream the room with their beds, food, and toys in it 24/7, profit.
Well, you do need to personally work in something that relates to the production of the videos. So you can't just mount a video camera and film the cat. Though I suppose acting in the videos is fine.

If I got 60k a year for doing that I'd think I had a dream job and that there must be a catch somewhere.
The offer only lasts 15 years. If you are 45 and working in retail, that is a big upgrade. If you are 25 and a software engineer, having 15 years of cat video maker on your resume would probably reduce your lifetime earnings.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
600-fucking-thousand dollars

Where do you think I'm from that I could say no to ANY legal job which pays such a ridiculous sum?

This is a dumbass thread, I'm sorry.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I'd do this for free if I could be provided perfect cats for this.

But if I have to do the legwork, then no deal.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Why wouldn't you do this?

The details of this... why wouldn't you? Lol. I sit at my computer for work looking at god damn spreadsheets and emails and asinine client requests and demands.

Cat videos for 600 per year? Jesus christ.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, that's more than enough money to hire other people to do all the actual work