• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What would you do?

• Try like hell to convince my s/o! That's 2 million dollars!

Votes: 238 35.8%
  • Know she or he would not do it, so take the 500k

Votes: 110 16.6%
  • Hell no. That's not worth it.

Votes: 316 47.6%

• Total voters

Azriell

Oct 27, 2017
If I wasn't married with children, I'd be tempted to take that deal. In fact, I've definitely been in relationships where I would have let myself be bought out. But I don't think any amount of money would be worth risking losing my wife and kids.

Deleted member 10612

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would dump my gf if she would be dump enough to say no to two million dollars. Hell, I would join them and get fucked too.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Bank that mill, spend the night drinking, next day all I care is the hangover and how to spend the rest of the 999950 dollars.

I doubt she would be down though.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
So a really rich fucker sees you and your s/o and offers you and your s/o 1 million dollars if you can convince them to sleep with him, or conversed will give you 500k if you do it. No strings, one night of debauchery.

Would you do it ?

I was going to say "what's the gender of the rich fucker" but then I realized it wouldn't matter because I would still pick the 2 million as long as she's OK with it (a pretty big if, given she's really picky). I'm guessing for a million dollar she'd happily pinch her nose.

The holy altar that people place monogamy for monogamy's sake (i.e. outside the context of cheating) will never not be weird to me.

Reeks

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hell yah. But he wouldn't sleep with a man. If the deal was for him to sleep with a woman I'd definitely support that. He'd have a hard time if I slept with another man but I would not care if he slept with another woman. So if he was down I'd be his damn cheerleader... Go get it, baby and give me that cash yo.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I mean the poll options says meph fucking someone else would mean $2mil for us.

He better do it.

I don't even know what I'd say to convince him. Like, it's $2million, not only is that single story home in a nice neighborhood, there *might* be enough left over to fully fund both our children's college educations. It's a no-brainer.

Even if it's "just" $1mil, duh. That's only enough for a house here, but that would still put us like 10 years ahead!

With that kind of money you could settle in a beautiful beach home in Spain (e.g. Canary Islands), Portugal, Greece or Italy, and live off interest rates on the rest of the money. Which is what a lot of people actually do. :)

Combo

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
It's not romantic sex. The only thing in the way is your ego.

I voted no. But I must point out that your own preference could be contradictory. Are you saying it's not ego driven if you refuse a romantic scenario?

The reason I say no is because I think we try to fight human nature, and that will always be detrimental.

R1CHO

Oct 28, 2017
1 million bucks

That's a lot of years of your life you are getting. Hard to say no.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Ah yes, the one night of no strings attached debauchery, which may include contracting an STD from a murder rapist that will turn you into a sex slave.

You could build a harp with those strings.
Yep. Or it could be a regular night of sex and 2 mil. OP doesn't have enough context either way.

totowhoa

Oct 25, 2017
We've been together 13 years. I'm sure we could both survive her sleeping with somebody else for the money. It's just consensual sex.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
You're the only one getting distracted by side issues that don't get to the heart of the matter. Everyone else is able to engage with the hypothetical. What is the point?
I like to take these kinds of questions and poke at them from different angles. Realistically, you'd be thinking about some of these considerations if someone actually approached you with that offer right? What kind of person are they?