• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Suikoden pachinko game that connects to your gacha app. The more you spend in pachinko the more premium currency you get in the gacha to try and pull your favorite characters. Try it out now!

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad most of you in this thread have low expectations with this announcement. If it does deliver, then everyone will be pleasantly surprised.

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
I have waited nearly two decades for a sequel to Suikoden 3.

I don't expect that to change.

If this turns out to be some new game from him, like Alliance Alive, then I am happy to check it out, but I am not gonna entertain any idea that this could be the epic, Harmonia-centered continuation of his story that I have dreamed of all these years.

Dark Arisen

Oct 27, 2017
I expect nothing and still be disapointed

Oh Konami...
how much more will you stray from the God's way?

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
said this in the other thread about this

get miki higashino out of retirement for whatever the hell this is going to be

Dogo Mojo

Oct 27, 2017
Suikoden makes too much sense for a gacha game. Given Konami being what it is in the modern gaming world that's really the only way this goes.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Realistically this is going to be something very small. Like, he's just going to announce it out of the blue?

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
All I'm asking for is an HD collection, with localization fixes and the final game on PSP localized. THAT'S IT.

Pls.

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
Realistically this is going to be something very small. Like, he's just going to announce it out of the blue?
Well, a lot has been announced out of the blue this summer...
In this case, he has been teasing it for over 6 months already. Judging from his tweets this is something he has been looking forward to a lot and has been trying to get people's attention for. Plus, he knows everyone in his comment section is hungry for Suikoden. So unless he's been trolling us this entire time, I wouldn't say it's that small.

It's somehow related to Suikoden, as he recently tweeted "I'm digging up past (physical) materials for a variety of reasons." and proceeded to post photos of early Suikoden pitch documents. He is of course not at Konami, so his new project isn't Suikoden (unless his one-man "Blue Moon Studio" somehow got contracted to write a new Suikoden... but then he wouldn't announce it himself). Especially with the personal social media outreach, it all points to a Kickstarter for a spiritual successor.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Well, a lot has been announced out of the blue this summer...
In this case, he has been teasing it for over 6 months already. Judging from his tweets this is something he has been looking forward to a lot and has been trying to get people's attention for. Plus, he knows everyone in his comment section is hungry for Suikoden. So unless he's been trolling us this entire time, I wouldn't say it's that small.

It's somehow related to Suikoden, as he recently tweeted "I'm digging up past (physical) materials for a variety of reasons." and proceeded to post photos of early Suikoden pitch documents. He is of course not at Konami, so his new project isn't Suikoden (unless his one-man "Blue Moon Studio" somehow got contracted to write a new Suikoden... but then he wouldn't announce it himself). Especially with the personal social media outreach, it all points to a Kickstarter for a spiritual successor.

Like, I think most of us are hoping this is at the very least a Switch game. Preferably one with graphics on par to a Falcom title, in my case. I don't think something like that just gets talked about. This is likely a Kickstarter, but...I don't know how impressive that is, because those require a lot of money just to get something kind of decent.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
bac59ab545e0e7c2e90b0416b5f1b9b2b0d3eb36_hq.gif

Macross

Nov 5, 2017
USA
We have the rights to produce a new Suikoden game and my team and I will be working with Falcom to bring it to next-gen systems in 2022.

at least for me, I'd love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.