• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 4518

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I saw some reviews started popping up. Will add more as I see them.

Nintendo World Report - 8.5
That layer of protection circles back to the feeling of being comforted by a blanket while rolling through the variety of cozy levels and cute touches. Yoshi's Crafted World is a stable, enjoyable adventure that brings enough of a twist to the expected Yoshi adventure to make it stand apart in a way no Yoshi platformer has done in years. It has a few blemishes along the way, but just break out the duct tape and stick that cardboard back up so you can romp your way through this delightful easy-going platformer.

Game Informer - 8.3
After a fun adventure through a world made of wool, Yoshi's transition to arts and crafts is a delight. With satisfying exploration, fun platforming, and a charming art style, Yoshi's Crafted World gives the Switch yet another strong platformer.

USGamer - 4/5
The visuals in Yoshi's Crafted World speak for themselves. Every corner you turn presents something new to wonder at. The game's a bit on the easy side, but that's not necessarily a bad thing if you accept Yoshi titles are more about exploration and collecting than serious platforming. It's a great little "spring game" that should fill out your Switch library nicely.

CGMagazine - 7/10
Crafted World is definitely a more bite-sized experience which plays well to the Switch's portability. Most levels are relatively small, taking only 10-15 minutes to complete, if players are looking to get all the flowers and red coins. This definitely works for the Switch as players can pretty easily hop in-and-out of a level or two during commutes or lunch-breaks.

Yoshi's Crafted World is by no means a bad game. While I think younger audiences will enjoy the slower pace and more relaxed atmosphere, older players may feel the lack of challenge, and like me, get bored, pretty quickly. There's definitely a lot to enjoy, but there's definitely a feeling that something is missing.

Nintendo Enthusiast - 9/10
On the whole, Yoshi's Crafted World is an excellent platformer worth picking up for any Switch owner. It's a beefy experience, with lots of levels to beat and items to explore. The art style is unique and the levels innovative. While the bosses and music aren't perfect, they do little to detract from the overall experience. Yoshi's Crafted World is well worth playing with friends or alone.

IGN - 7.8/10
Yoshi's Crafted World is an engaging and charming platformer that is absolutely worth playing, but it misses a clear opportunity to be more than that by not taking full advantage of its most clever ideas. It has enough creative collectibles to make completionists want to hunt down every last one, but I'm disappointed Crafted World didn't challenge me more in the way its last few levels proved it could have. Of course, I still thoroughly enjoyed every adorable hour I spent with it.

Destructoid - 7.5/10
Most of my journey through the wonderful cardboard universe of Yoshi's Crafted World, littered with myriad ridiculous noises from Yoshi, was spent with a smile on my face.

VentureBeat - 65/100
This is yet another Yoshi game that doesn't come close to reaching Yoshi's Island greatness.

GameExplain - Liked

Nintendo-Insider - 9/10
With Yoshi's Crafted World, Good-Feel should be very proud of themselves for what they have achieved with this heartwarming adventure. Not only have they created a Yoshi game that convincingly pulls the series out from under the ever-widening shadow of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, but they have also managed to prop it securely on its own aspirational eye-candy pedestal as a result. This Nintendo Switch exclusive is a stunning visual brainstorm of imagination, color, and creativity. With so much to see and do long after the credits roll, you'd be hard pressed to find anything quite as ingeniously charming or damn right adorable.

COGconnected - 80/100
In some ways, this is a stock-standard Yoshi game. The story is simple, the gameplay is well-worn and comfortable, and the challenge won't ever trip you up. But the simple guts are buried in a charming, captivating, gorgeous work of art. Every level is begging for multiple play-throughs. Every chunk of cardboard and glitter feels lovingly placed and perfectly rendered. Although what you find won't shock you, it will wrap you up in childish delight and fuzzy satisfaction. Yoshi's Crafted World is an art class plate heaped high with sugary delights that I can easily recommend.

EuroGamer - Recommended
Gentle and generous, Good-Feel delivers its best game yet in this imaginative and breezy platformer.

Multiplayer.it - 9/10 [Used Google Translate for the below]
Yoshi's Crafted World is and will remain an excellent game design manual for a long time. The picture painted by Good Feel on the future of Yoshi is like never before full of light, beautiful hopes and even better confirmations: the platform of the Japanese is stylistically and playfully unexceptionable for a whole series of genius strokes placed on the scale. Each level has its own identity, every creature is not random, the flow of progress is subject to an absolutely functioning logic of research and collection. Ebisu has managed to package a product that not only provides a strong dignity and authorship to the franchise, but rivals for sagacity and genius the best works of Nintendo itself. Recommended to anyone who still wants to get excited with a pure, carefree, dreamy and satisfying product in its essentially.

Vooks - 4/5
Yoshi's Crafted World is a game overflowing with charm. While it feels very much like another game in the Yoshi's Island series, it makes enough changes here and there to freshen it up. Nintendo has made another fun and charming platformer that is just as fun for all ages, as it melts even the coldest hearts

JeuxVideo - 16/20 [Used Google Translate for the below]
With its cute and good-natured side, Yoshi's Crafted World adapts to all audiences, including video game neophytes. Moreover, we see it as an excellent experience in cooperation because its challenge based on exploration rather than the difficulty of its phases of platforms / action makes the alliance of two players of different levels quite conceivable. Playing with your daughter, husband, or mother is a frustrating experience, where even a New Super Mario Bros. could trigger a ruckle between a seasoned player and a Sunday player.

GameReactor - 8/10
All things considered, although we weren't quite as taken with it as we were with Woolly World, Yoshi's Crafted World really stands on its own and, after a slow start, manages to deliver some truly fresh and varied platforming. If you consider yourself a completionist, or if you're just looking for a good, comprehensive platformer different to Mario and Donkey Kong, you shouldn't miss this one (even if you miss a few eggs at first).

Nintendo Life - 8/10
If you're new to the series, Yoshi's Crafted World has colour and charm to spare, even if its inventiveness is largely limited to its looks. For Yoshi fans, it does exactly what you expect it to, which is perhaps the worst thing we can say about it; it contains few genuine surprises. It's delightfully presented, though, and makes for another very solid entry in Nintendo's ever-growing pantheon of material-based platformers – it takes extreme discipline to not overuse that word 'charm' while discussing it. So, if you're looking to share a light-hearted platformer with the family, or simply relax in a big chair with a cup of something warm and a comfy pair of socks, be sure to have a spare pair ready – Yoshi's Crafted World will charm the ones you're wearing right off.

GamesRadar - 3.5/5
The difficulty in recommending this game is that it's an absolutely solid Nintendo platformer, but it doesn't really do anything ambitious or use its conceit to great effect. I consistently wanted to soldier on to see what the next gorgeous world would entail, but when all was said and done, the experience felt slightly hollow, even if I'd had my eyes bleached by Yoshi's cute capers.

The Verge - Positive
Really, what Yoshi's Crafted World does is show the importance of a well-defined world. The game itself is delightful in many respects, unremarkable in others, but greatly enhanced by the detailed space it takes place in. I kept playing because it was fun, yes, but I was more interested in simply seeing more of the clever handcrafted objects that Nintendo's designers came up with. The hardest part of the game is picking what to wear.

Kotaku - Positive
I didn't feel compelled to rush through Yoshi's Crafted World. I've been picking at it a couple of levels at a time, every time I need a little hit of sweetness in my day, which is often at the moment (have you SEEN the news?). It's an imaginative game that's effortlessly pleasing, perfectly suited to family play or as a train-journey stress-reliever. I've said it before, but it bears repeating: nobody does cute like Nintendo.

Walmart Canada - 8.5/10
Yoshi's Crafted World is a blast to play and it's easily one of the best Yoshi games yet. It's even better played locally with friends or family, if you have other gamers in the house or neighbourhood. The wonderful, handcrafted visuals are a real treat on the eyes, and it's just as fun playing levels on the reverse "flip-side". Toss in a huge number of collectibles and 180+ costumes and you've got extremely high replay value.

EasyAllies - 8/10

OpenCritic - 80
Metacritic - 80

Last edited:

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Lackluster soundtrack according to NWR is very disappointing. NSMBUDX already has a ridiculously weak OST. Tropical Freeze is so ridiculously good, ever since having experienced the David Wise GOATness I've been looking for more platformers with great OSTs.

IGN: 7.8

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I'm looking forward to picking this up on Friday to see if will be better than Woolly World to me, which I actually preferred over Yoshi's Island.

ah FUCK!!!! sorry i'm not as hip with the internet as i should be

It's okay! I only know if it because it pops up in every YouTube comment section for Yoshi game vids.

JCX

Oct 25, 2017
Of all of the Yoshi platformers since YI, thi sone feels the most interesting to me. I was really shocked by how much I enjoyed the demo, since I expected just another Wooly World

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Nintendo needs to throw whoever composes these baby toy sounding soundtracks into the trash and stay away from them. They've ruined every single game that type of music has been attached to

Yoshi's New Island
Yoshi's Crafted World

I'm afraid that Link's Awakening is going that route too because it has that same baby tone that I cannot stand. What better way to have music that loops in your game than by having instrumentals that are off key and sound like a 13 year old played it

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo needs to throw whoever composes these baby toy sounding soundtracks into the trash and stay away from them. They've ruined every single game that type of music has been attached to

Yoshi's New Island
Yoshi's Crafted World

I'm afraid that Link's Awakening is going that route too because it has that same baby tone that I cannot stand. What better way to have music that loops in your game have instrumentals that are off key and sound like a 13 year old played it
"And the cow jumped over the moon"

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
Loved the range of emotions the original Yoshi's Island was able to convey

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Yoshi's New Island
Yoshi's Crafted World

I'm afraid that Link's Awakening is going that route too because it has that same baby tone that I cannot stand. What better way to have music that loops in your game than by having instrumentals that are off key and sound like a 13 year old played it
Nothing about LA has that "baby tone" ...please lol

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
My copy is coming Friday. Can't wait to play with my wife, we loved playing Wooly World.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why why continue the nursery rhyme music? Yoshi's Island was top tier and Woolly World was great. Nintendo needs to stop with the Humpty Dumpty music. This ain't pre-K bruh

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't sound anything special. Wasn't particularly on my radar but would have kept an eye on it if it was exceptionally good according to reviews, but that doesn't seem the case. Will probably get it supercheap in a couple years if the opportunity arises.

Deleted member 25140

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I knew we were getting a lack lustre soundtrack way waaaay in advance but it's still disappointing. Yoshi's Island's soundtrack was absolutely perfect and gave the game a real sense of adventure, I know it's petty but the cutesy relaxing music of the later games really turn me off from them

Resetti

Oct 25, 2017
Received my copy early. Base on the first few levels I think I'll enjoy this more than Wolly World.
The music is a letdown :(

Nov 18, 2017
Yoshi's Crafted World is one of those Switch games I'd pick up when it hits £20, if Nintendo games' value depreciated like other platforms. But they don't and in a way I'm glad for Nintendo, but for this reason I'll be skipping it.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
The music is a letdown :(
Has the music been good in a modern yoshi game ever? I know I hated the music in new yoshis island and I don't remember wholly world being particularly memorable.

As for the Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island comparisons... I don't think any yoshi game will live up to that because I don't think they'll put the same resources and work into one. That was a full fledged Mario title coming off of the huge hit that was Super Mario World. There was a lot to live up to.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Not to take anything away from those that will enjoy this, but...it's yet another first party Nintendo game that probably won't even hit 80 Opencritic. Outside of BotW, Odyssey and Splatoon 2, Nintendo's first-party output for the Switch has been utterly dire imo.

Cyn

Oct 31, 2017
I can't wait to pick this up on Friday and play it all weekend. I've been looking forward to it since it was first announced! Although I expected we'd get a Wooly World port before hand

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Not to take anything away from those that will enjoy this, but...it's yet another first party Nintendo game that probably won't even hit 80 Opencritic. Outside of BotW, Odyssey and Splatoon 2, Nintendo's first-party output for the Switch has been utterly dire imo.
Yet another ? The last one was 3 months ago and it reached 90.

Cudpug

Nov 9, 2017

MK8 Deluxe, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker etc. all have over 80.

Nov 18, 2017

I love the Switch but I agree post-year-one first-party has been disappointing, and reliant on ports and indies.

Deleted member 32018

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

Yeah, I don't think you thought this through.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Of all of the Yoshi platformers since YI, thi sone feels the most interesting to me. I was really shocked by how much I enjoyed the demo, since I expected just another Wooly World

The demo surprised me - has a kind of Capitan Todd vibe, calm and relaxing but some nice gameplay there if a little simple. I liked how you're encouraged to replay (in both directions) to complete the collectibles too.

Definitely picking up this weekend if I can. Will be a nice counter to Sekiro (die over and over) and Trials (restart over and over)

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please don't lie. There are more Nintendo games over 80.

'3y Kingdom

Oct 27, 2017
The demo was cute but unexciting, which is about the same impression I'm getting from these reviews.