• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure they're just getting announcements of things that have been shown plenty or would be buried out of the way. If anything, this should get people more excited, it potentially means they have a lot to show and can't be bothered to spend time on a date for Yoshi/Kirby

Last edited:

JayBee

Alt-account
Banned
Dec 6, 2018
Pretty sure they're just getting announcements of things that have been shown plenty or would be buried out of the way. Of anything, this should get people more excited, it potentially means they have a lot to show and can't be bothered to spend time on a date for Yoshi/Kirby
I dislike the expectations to dissapointment cycle so I wish people would just let things happen when they're ready

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
Are there any February Switch releases that I'm forgetting at the moment? Anything between New Mario U/Travis this coming week and Yoshi at the end of March?

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
You people are insane.
I mean obviously this doesn't deconfirm a direct. But it is strange that one of Nintendo's bigger H1 games would just get dumped out from the very close direct. What could the reasoning behind it mean though?

Revealed stuff today:

Dragon's Dogma - Okay not every 3rd party is gonna pile onto a direct for one reason or another, and it's Capcom. This stuff is usual for them with the RE & Megaman game announcements

Yoshi release date and Trailer - ...I dont know? Don't want it overshadowed even though it's one of the bigger H1 games from Nintendo? A little weird considering the circumstances *Shrug*

Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn release date + amiibo functionality - Uh now this is getting pretty weird. This is exactly the filler-esk news that they would have had in a direct. They've talked even less worthwhile info with other games like Kirby, Rocket League

Just seems very.... weird. What could it mean..

Hopefully this means a BIG BLOWOUT DIRECT so grand that these things weren't even worth putting in!! Lol jk it's still gonna have 2-4 time wasters in it

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Son of a bitch!!! As if 12 games in the first 5 months of 2019 wasn't enough, what the hell, let's add another one. :(

Apr 21, 2018
This is a weird thread.

It's great that Yoshi has a release date and it's far earlier than I thought it would be. In terms of new exclusives it means the Switch's lineup for Q1/2019 is better than Q1/2018 already. The game looks great and I'm sure it will sell really, really well (for some odd reason I can see selling >5m)

With that said, that trailer is pretty awful and boring. Not a great way to hype me up.

And this thread has now become about a Nintendo Direct? Jump to conclusions much? Someone even said 'it's not a good look'! To who? Forum dwellers? Nintendo never promised a January Direct, they could have a Direct any time. Chill out people.

EDIT - for all we know they could have a Direct that focuses on Fire Emblem and Animal Crossing. Like how they did the Arms/Splatoon2 one in 2017.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean obviously this doesn't deconfirm a direct. But it is strange that one of Nintendo's bigger H1 games would just get dumped out from the very close direct. What could the reasoning behind it mean though?

Revealed stuff today:

Dragon's Dogma - Okay not every 3rd party is gonna pile onto a direct for one reason or another, and it's Capcom. This stuff is usual for them with the RE & Megaman game announcements

Yoshi release date and Trailer - ...I dont know? Don't want it overshadowed even though it's one of the bigger H1 games from Nintendo? A little weird considering the circumstances *Shrug*

Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn release date + amiibo functionality - Uh now this is getting pretty weird. This is exactly the filler-esk news that they would have had in a direct. They've talked even less worthwhile info with other games like Kirby, Rocket League

Just seems very.... weird. What could it mean..

Hopefully this means a BIG BLOWOUT DIRECT so grand that these things weren't even worth putting in!! Lol jk it's still gonna have 2-4 time wasters in it

I mean... unless I missed something the trailer for yoshi is just a story trailer. You gotta imagine they'll wanna show the actual game again in the direct.

Kirby is a 3ds game. They won't waste time there.

Dragons dogma is a budget priced multi platform years old port.

You gotta imagine that based on what Emily and Matt and Nate or any other "insider" that you choose to trust said, there are a lot of other games coming in 2019, many that would be good to debut in a direct.

Just sayin'.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah, that's not too far away! This is one of my most anticipated Switch games considering Woolly World was one of my favorite games on the Wii U. The charm in just this trailer is amazing.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
No ok but serious talk now
Can they show us the boxart? I'm a sucker for Switch boxarts

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah wtf Nintendo. What happened to their 2D platformers with complex immersive narratives and cinematic cutscenes?

Well, I mean, if they're going to make their trailers consist solely of cut scenes, it becomes a very fair criticism of said trailers.

I'm honestly not sure what they were thinking with what they chose to highlight here.

TheBaldEmperor

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looking good. The farty flutes at the beginning worry me regarding the music, though. Wooly World has an amazing soundtrack. Hope this one delivers on that front as well.

AmericanKirby

Aug 31, 2018
Inside your house
All these announcements could mean one of a few things:
  1. There is no January direct and there was never going to be one.
  2. A January direct was planned but was canceled or postponed for some unknown reason.
  3. They're getting these smaller announcements out of the way ahead of time because the direct is absolutely packed. (plz hype responsibly)

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
You people are insane.
No Nintendo Direct make people go crazy.

giphy.gif

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
I mean... unless I missed something the trailer for yoshi is just a story trailer. You gotta imagine they'll wanna show the actual game again in the direct.

Kirby is a 3ds game. They won't waste time there.

Dragons dogma is a budget priced multi platform years old port.

You gotta imagine that based on what Emily and Matt and Nate or any other "insider" that you choose to trust said, there are a lot of other games coming in 2019, many that would be good to debut in a direct.

Just sayin'.
Oh I agree. But Nintendo has tended not to agree with me on certain choices to their direct presentations, such as things they should have put in and tiny insignificant time wasters they should have left out. Like the Rocket League thing I mentioned before which repeated old information with nothing new to say about it and a generic release time frame only 2 months out from its actual release. Or actually showing trailers for their games instead of talking over footage all freaking day lol.
Also they tend to showcase games with horrrrrendous performance and presentation without a second thought such as Crystal Chronicles HD in the Sep 2018 direct. So I always have my suspicions even though things seem so obvious in how they could have a great direct

Plum

May 31, 2018
Subsequent worlds got better, but if it wasn't your thing then fair enough

My issue was that every level felt way too long for whatever premise it was focused on to seem interesting. Did that get better over time?

Of course things'll be different in this new game but if they can solve that issue with it I might pick it up. Who knows tbh.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
This always happens stuff we think would be in a direct gets randomly announced, then the direct gets announced the next day

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
My issue was that every level felt way too long for whatever premise it was focused on to seem interesting. Did that get better over time?

Of course things'll be different in this new game but if they can solve that issue with it I might pick it up. Who knows tbh.

Eh, levels going on too long is a fair criticism even though I enjoyed the game for what it was. Level length stays the same from what I can remember.