• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Yikes. Just the short intro cinematic for a story trailer. Bottom tier effort. And the character shaders and environments also look less interesting than Woolly World. And finally shoving it out right before the FY end also doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. Looks like a rush job even after the year delay.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Day 1.
Woolly World was one of my favorite games on the Wii U, so I can't wait to dive into Yoshi's world again

Oct 29, 2017
No Direct it is then... Guess they couldn't get it ready in time.

A shame, but the show had to go on; they couldn't allow their lineup to become completely devoid of release dates.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
This game looks cool and all, but the video did make me worry a bit about its length. 5 gems, and you'll get the first one within 6 stages? That looks like it might be quite a bit shorter than Woolly World. I liked Star Allies fine last year, but that was over faster than I would have liked. I'd be a bit disappointed if we'd be getting a repeat of that.

FWIW, each level has a front side and a back side run. The back side run has a different objective than the front side.

Oct 29, 2017
This game looks cool and all, but the video did make me worry a bit about its length. 5 gems, and you'll get the first one within 6 stages? That looks like it might be quite a bit shorter than Woolly World. I liked Star Allies fine last year, but that was over faster than I would have liked. I'd be a bit disappointed if we'd be getting a repeat of that.

Double that length for each stage; remember that each stage has two sides to it.

Oct 29, 2017
Yikes. Just the short intro cinematic for a story trailer. Bottom tier effort. And the character shaders and environments also look less interesting than Woolly World. And finally shoving it out right before the FY end also doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. Looks like a rush job even after the year delay.

My exact thoughts. The fact that it is releasing at the absolute last moment of the financial year tells me that this is the absolute furthest that they could've pushed the release date back; meaning that it's likely not really ready for release and that it is gonna be coming in hot...

Also, you know, this means that the Switch won't have a single first party release for almost 3 months... Not a good look at all for Nintendo...

When they can't even get a Direct done in time, you know that something is wrong over there. They're scrambling. They've fallen well behind schedule and they're scrambling to keep up the Switch's momentum; they desperately do not want to suffer another Wii U style drought situation but they're coming dangerously close...

Yoshi's Crafted World is probably not the only first party game that has gone through development hell and there's a very real chance that we're gonna be looking at another Wii U style drought if the 3rd party retail releases don't pick up the slack...

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
User Banned (1 day): Antagonizing other members
My exact thoughts. The fact that it is releasing at the absolute last moment of the financial year tells me that this is the absolute furthest that they could've pushed the release date back; meaning that it's likely not really ready for release and that it is gonna be coming in hot...

Also, you know, this means that the Switch won't have a single first party release for almost 3 months... Not a good look at all for Nintendo...

When they can't even get a Direct done in time, you know that something is wrong over there. They're scrambling. They've fallen well behind schedule and they're scrambling to keep up the Switch's momentum; they desperately do not want to suffer another Wii U style drought situation but they're coming dangerously close...

Yoshi's Crafted World is probably not the only first party game that has gone through development hell...

Oh get lost with this clear and blatant trolling.

It's absolutely pathetic to be honest.

Seriously, get a life.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017

What do you mean "finally showing it"? They showed the game 2 months ago.

Apa504

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yoshi's Crafted World is probably not the only first party game that has gone through development hell and there's a very real chance that we're gonna be looking at another Wii U style drought if the 3rd party retail releases don't pick up the slack...

You are becoming a good source of copypastas with this and your good level design is a lost art post.

Adder

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Looks interesting and I might even consider buying it depending on what comes out in March. Sadly this means that Nintendo has nothing for february and that there is no need for a direct anytime soon. I seriously doubt we are getting one this month.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
The bad takes in this thread make it painful for those of us who just want to read and talk about Yoshi

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill

Fawk Nin

Nov 6, 2017
Would I probably like this game or Woolly World if I really hated Yoshis Island?

I can't speak for this game but probably not Woolly World. I personally love it but if you don't like Yoshi's Island, these games follow the same slower (than Mario) pace and it's almost more puzzle solving than platforming a lot of the time. That being said I adore Woolly World so if you can find it for cheap anywhere it's definitely worth a try.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Its a pitty there is no direct. It would have been a really good direct with a Yoshi release date announcement and the Zelda 2 NES app announcement.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Looks interesting and I might even consider buying it depending on what comes out in March. Sadly this means that Nintendo has nothing for february and that there is no need for a direct anytime soon. I seriously doubt we are getting one this month.

That's a bit of a jump to make. You don't seriously believe we'll be heading into April with Nintendo having just released a Wii U port and Yoshi?

That's not to say you're wrong, but that would be bizarre.

And if Yoshi is the only original game Nintendo has for the next three months of the year I'd like to think they'd make a bigger deal of it than this.

saladdays

Sep 11, 2018
I can't speak for this game but probably not Woolly World. I personally love it but if you don't like Yoshi's Island, these games follow the same slower (than Mario) pace and it's almost more puzzle solving than platforming a lot of the time. That being said I adore Woolly World so if you can find it for cheap anywhere it's definitely worth a try.
What I specifically didn't like about Island was that I found there wasn't much to the levels unless you were trying to collect everything, and I didn't feel much incentive to collect anything. Honestly as long as there's interesting incentives in either game I'd probably be happy

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Cool, I loved Woolly World, so many varied levels. You never really hear much about that game, very underappreciated. Well, I suppose it being exclusively on WiiU can do that.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
What I specifically didn't like about Island was that I found there wasn't much to the levels unless you were trying to collect everything, and I didn't feel much incentive to collect anything. Honestly as long as there's interesting incentives in either game I'd probably be happy
Woolly World / Crafted World are doubling down on the collectibles alot. If you didn't like the collectibles in Island, I don't feel these are the games for you.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017

This game (and Yoshi's Woolly World) is a game about collectibles. According to Nintendo, you can play through the levels in Yoshi's Crafted World without the need to collect everything. But if it works like Woolly World, you will need to collect everything (or most of it) to unlock the fun extra levels (the best parts of Woolly World are the S levels and the extra unlockable world at the end).

Dr. Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Well, it is considering the game was shown not last E3 but the E3 before...

Jesus Christ haha

:)
5 E3s later

tumblr_omxie2YfkU1rnk8peo1_500.gif

Fawk Nin

Nov 6, 2017

I think that's really a staple of Yoshi games. The idea is to have a relatively easy game at the base of it but the collectibles offer a deeper challenge for people. If the collectibles don't pull you in then you'll probably have the same problem here. Certain collectibles unlock different combination of colour Yoshis to play as though, which is a better incentive than usual.

MrWonderworld

Sep 18, 2018
I hope this thread continues to about Yoshi only. That game looks so good. I'm glad it's coming at the end of March already.

Marmoka

Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Continuing derail, ignoring mod post.
RIP direct.

I will enjoy playing with this game this easter.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
I want to like Yoshi and buy his games...but the music they use in trailers, just make them appear incredibly sleep inducing (It always puts me off as its style just seems way too sedate).
He needs a bit more pep like he had back in the Super Mario World days.

Oct 31, 2017
ooc, what do you plan to get during this timeframe?
Starting this Friday:

01/11 New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
01/25 RE2: Remake (PC)
01/29 Kingdom Hearts 3 LE PS4 Pro (plus the backlog of PS4 games I'm yet to play!)
02/01 Ace Combat 7
02/22 Anthem (if my friend bugs me into getting it)
03/08 DMC5
03/15 The Division 2
03/22 Sekiro
03/29 Yoshi's Crafted World

April is Mortal Kombat 11 and May is Rage 2 which I'm super excited for too. I think I may need to quit my job to tackle even half of these!

godofcookery

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Starting this Friday:

01/11 New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
01/25 RE2: Remake (PC)
01/29 Kingdom Hearts 3 LE PS4 Pro (plus the backlog of PS4 games I'm yet to play!)
02/01 Ace Combat 7
02/22 Anthem (if my friend bugs me into getting it)
03/08 DMC5
03/15 The Division 2
03/22 Sekiro
03/29 Yoshi's Crafted World

April is Mortal Kombat 11 and May is Rage 2 which I'm super excited for too. I think I may need to quit my job to tackle even half of these!

well damn that is certainly a big list. Kingdom Hearts 3 alone would seem to take up so much time. whew. Good Luck!

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, I wonder if this is nintendos new thing? Kirby was released just in Easter last year and sold like crazy. And here we are with Yoshi. Very interesting...

Intel_89

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Woolly World bored me to death for some reason, I still need to go back and try to finish it someday. Epic Yarn I found to be quite fun which makes things even stranger.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely buying this. I really need to complete Woolly World first though. Heck, I need to unseal it first!

Woylie

May 9, 2018
I like the visuals of the world design in this more than Woolly World I think, but I wish they had kept Yarn Yoshi instead of this weird hybrid felt look.

Also is coloring the Yoshis out? That was like the best part of the 3DS game. Do you even still collect bundles for new Yoshis in this?