• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
There had been speculation here and other places about Street Fighter VI making an appearance or at least being involved in some type of announcement at the EVO 2019 next weekend, this was fueled by the news that PlayStation had come out of nowhere to sponsor the event. Ono more or less puts those rumors to rest:

If anything comes out of Sony's involvement, it does not appear it will be Street Fighter VI related, and as far as Street Fighter V, Eventhubs speculates:

At this point in time, guesses for what Capcom might be revealing for Street Fighter 5 next month are all over the map. Some people think we'll see one or two new characters at most, while others are expecting a full-blown five to round out Season 4 (since Kage was the first of the season).

There have also been rumors in the past about a potential "Super" Street Fighter 5 update that could add new mechanics, characters, and content. As always, though, rumors should be taken with a grain of salt.

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Of course he doesn't have SF6.
Of course.

that's because it's SFVI
šŸ˜‰

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No one should be expecting SF6 anytime soon. At least not until after the PS5 (and maybe next Xbox since I doubt it'll be exclusive) is announced.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I trust fighting game developers. They never lie. They are always truthful.

Though I do believe Ono might not be behind SF6/Capcom's next fighting game.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I have no idea why anyone thought PlayStation being a sponsor and having an announcement would think it was SF VI. Exclusive SF didn't exactly go swimmingly and I don't see why they would go that route again

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
never thought i would look so fondly back at SF4 (even with yun divekicking and geni jin combos) but i really don't like SF5 at all

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
SF6 is definitely happening but I wouldn't be shocked if Capcom is waiting until the PS5 is formally announced before they confirm it.

I'm still expecting a logo this year, probably right after CPT finals in december.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It could be nothing?

Didn't we learn Ono is "not" working on SF6, maybe someone else is?

Although I believe they aren't working on a new one and just adding more to it SFV

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Next gen starts next year. SF6 could easily happen in 2021. Now would be the perfect time to start talking about it.
Two years before release would not be the perfect time to talk about the game.

Nowadays Capcom does shorter announcement to release cycle so I wouldn't expect to hear anything about SF6 until we are much closer to its release.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
b704bf4c.jpg

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I thought the thread title meant that he was saying that he wasn't going to be involved in SF6 and I got a little excited :(

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
There is only one non Street Fighter game in that image : the SD version of Capcom vs Capcom

Ono, call me for my Capcom Smash Bros idea ;D

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Not too surprising imo. I'd guess we're at least a year off from knowing anything about SFVI, if not longer.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're not going to close themselves off from putting in characters people actually like by doing alpha again

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
If you did Alpha you'd have to bring back V-ism and custom combos, and fuck that.

JusDoIt

ā–² Legend ā–²
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
It was always an SFV update. I'm hoping the game gets to at least a nice even 40 characters and we get one more major gameplay update like second supers or another v-mechanic.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
They weren't going to announce it this early. Especially since Capcom are trying for shorter reveal/launch gaps and I doubt SF6 would be a 2020 game.