• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
I gotten it for free on the epic store but cool for the people that are still on the fence. We need more demo's!

Oct 25, 2017
I came into this thread thinking it would be hilarious if the demo were just straight-up the Impossible Lair. Given the structure of the game, I'm pleased to see it's included, and can't wait to hear about somebody who has never gone on to the full game clearing the Lair on the demo build.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
The game is so good. It's one of my favourite platformers this gen. Was a great impulse buy

ned_ballad

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rochester, New York
This game is fantastic, but the Impossible Lair is way too long and tedious. I stopped playing after I beat all the stages, the Lair was just too annoying to bother.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is good. Demos have been dead this gen. I see this as them having confidence in their game. Hopefully it leads to more sales for them.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Game is incredible, easily one of the best 2D platformers of the generation. So many cool twists on the formula, I think you can even enjoy it even if you aren't the biggest fan of 2D platformers. Hopefully this gets more people to try it for themselves

manustany

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
The Space
Got the game two weeks ago and it's sooo good. Was waiting for the demo since it was leaked same day as the FFVII Demo (RIP), but I found a physical copy for €17 shortly after and I couldn't resist.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Please peple don´t sleep on this one. Of the best games of past year and one of the best platformers in recent memory.

dedge

Sep 15, 2019
I've been waiting to play this until I got around to the first one but will definitely start this on Switch as soon as the demo drops. Demos that carry over save data are amazing.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I've really enjoyed my time with this game and I hope more people will check it out and hopefully pick it up.

Sasaud

Oct 28, 2017
Great move by Playtonic, i was considering buying it but the money is tight and i need to try it at least before buying it.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Was just playing chap 13 when I saw this topic.

It's a great game, hope the sequel gets a bigger budget so they can make things a bit more slick and polished. They really should have released a demo before release though.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Play this game! Even if you didn't like the previous one they're nothing alike and does some cool things I've been wanting 2D platformers to do for awhile.

Pineconn

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
Wonderful game. Delightful soundtrack. Don't let the general pessimism of the first Yooka-Laylee (3D platformer) affect this title — it's truly a gem!

I still don't understand why they made the Impossible Lair itself so difficult, but damn it felt good to complete.

Castor Archer

Jan 8, 2019
Excellent, I'd really like to buy it but I need to feel the movement for myself. If it feels like DKC I'm in.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting they're including the Impossible Lair itself in the demo, though honestly I think that might backfire for some players since it's by far the worst level in the game

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting they're including the Impossible Lair itself in the demo, though honestly I think that might backfire for some players since it's by far the worst level in the game
I was thinking that myself. I enjoy most of the regular levels but that endgame level is tedious and a drag. Newcomers might try it out to see the big showstopper, think it sucks, and bail. I hope next time they just make a more traditional game and keep the tedious levels on a b-side, like Celeste.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Was already planning to pick this up when it was on sale, but no complaints here.

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
Finished Tropical Freeze today. Great production value - someone called it the "Uncharted" of platformers and it shows. I wasn't really a fan of the sticky physics and the super hard difficulty but I enjoyed my time with it. Started Yooka right after and I'm absolutely loving it! Loving his kit and the level design differentiates itself enough from TF to feel fresh. I was just going to do the first level and seriously play it later down the line but I can't put it down!

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Today is the day, demo is available on Switch, PS4 and XBOX. If you enjoy 2D platformers, especially Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Rayman Legends/Origins, you HAVE to give it a try, it's great.