• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ggx2ac

Sales Heaven or Sales Hell?
Oct 25, 2017
Releasing October 8th 2019
File size: 4.6GB
Languages: Japanese, English, Spanish, French, German, Chinese.
Price: AUD$45 (Convert that to USD ~$30, converted price not expected to be actual)

Pre-order bonuses:
- Trowzer's Top Tonic Pack: play with even more tonics
- Largee Head: Gives Laylee an oversized head.
- Glow Worm: Makes Yooka and Laylee glow.
- D.I.S.C.O: Turn every level into a platforming party of Playtonic proportions.
- Yooka 64: For fans of all things retro, this tonic will be a blast from the past, no added polygons.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I know they've mentioned aiming for 60fps on Switch, but have they mentioned resolution at all? knowing this will probably be 4K/60fps (or close to) on One X is tempting, but if this is 900/1080 on Switch, I can deal with that

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Any word if he pre order bonuses can be purchased later?

Moving expenses mean I'd probably put this off until November.

David Sr.

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
This game gets better and better with each new gameplay they show. So good it's coming that soon.

Galdius

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't expect it to release so soon.
Do we know if there will be a physical version?

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just a heads-up: the digital version is $30 on all platforms, but the physical version is $30 on PS4/XB1....and $40 on Switch.

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
Is it 60fps on switch?

Yes!

Obviously it's been developed since yooka laylee release, they just announced it late.

It was teased actually but no one realized, playtonic once posted a photo of them playing tropical freeze for inspiration.

I'm very interested but it has to review much better than YL.

I remember that photo, very cool.

I'm really looking forward to this. Seems like a fair price.

antonio

Jan 12, 2018
This game is trying to hard to be Tropical Freeze. I know these guys did DKC in the 1990s, but I don't like how they want to copy the greatest platformer of all time, TF. I am getting the game anyway because I like this type of platformers.

Hoping for a real Donkey Kong Country game soon with K.Rool!

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
This game is trying to hard to be Tropical Freeze. I know these guys did DKC in the 1990s, but I don't like how they want to copy the greatest platformer of all time, TF. I am getting the game anyway because I like this type of platformers.

Hoping for a real Donkey Kong Country game soon with K.Rool!

Well if they're gonna copy any 2D platformer it should be Tropical Freeze, so I don't see it as a bad thing

We're likely not getting DKR 3 anytime soon so I'm more than happy to take this instead

May 17, 2018
I'm waiting on reviews. The first game was massively underwhelming. I've not played past the first level. The game's just been sat on my Switch since it came out.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously it's been developed since yooka laylee release, they just announced it late.

But is this then gonna take the place of the DLC and orchestral score for the backers of the original? I know it's a new game, but if they've been developing this since YL, when are they gonna find time for the Kickstarter stretch goals?

Anyways, It looks great as expected and can't wait to play it.

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
But is this then gonna take the place of the DLC and orchestral score for the backers of the original? I know it's a new game, but if they've been developing this since YL, when are they gonna find time for the Kickstarter stretch goals?

I think Grant Kirkhope confirmed that the orchestrated soundtrack isn't happening. Also the devs said that they have nothing to announce yet with regards to free Yooka Laylee DLC for backers.

I assume it'll change into a discount for their next game, or free DLC for this one. Or heck, maybe they will make the original DLC for Yooka Laylee

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I think Grant Kirkhope confirmed that the orchestrated soundtrack isn't happening. Also the devs said that they have nothing to announce yet with regards to free Yooka Laylee DLC for backers.

I assume it'll change into a discount for their next game, or free DLC for this one. Or heck, maybe they will make the original DLC for Yooka Laylee

I think the silent treatment regarding the issue is unbecoming of an otherwise classy developer, especially when they're about to release a entirely new game, probably signalling they've moved on.

Wouwie

Oct 27, 2017
Probably the game i'm most looking forward to for the rest of the year, with Concrete Genie, which is releasing on the same day. I'll be playing on PS4 and noticed the same release date, 8 October, on the Playstation Blog. Good platform games have become rare these days (especially on PS4) so hopefully this will be one of them.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
This looks way better and more focused than the first game. Love the idea of how levels convert and have an alternate version too.

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018

Just finished this. They are impressed with the game.

This next month is gonna be amazing. Gears 5 sep 5th and then Link's Awakening sep 20tg and then Yooka Laylee and the Impossible Lair Oct 8th *and then* Luigi's Manaion October 31st

Perfectly spaced out, as all things should be

Last edited:

unicornKnight

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Also the devs said that they have nothing to announce yet with regards to free Yooka Laylee DLC for backers.
On one hand, it doesn't sound right for them to just skip a dlc they promised. On the other hand I'd rather they move on from the first Yooka Laylee, the team has talent but the game was a big disappointment for me because they focused on over complicated world design instead of the simplicity that made Banjo Kazooie shine. And I believe many people felt the same so I hope their next 3d collectathon attempt reflects that realization.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia

For what it's worth, Playtonic has said the DLC is still happening. Between the amount of time that has passed since the game's release and there being exactly zero information as to what the DLC will actually be or when it'll arrive, though, I'm beginning to think the smart move would've been to can it in favour of giving backers Impossible Lair.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, Playtonic has said the DLC is still happening. Between the amount of time that has passed since the game's release and there being exactly zero information as to what the DLC will actually be or when it'll arrive, though, I'm beginning to think the smart move would've been to can it in favour of giving backers Impossible Lair.

It would be totally understandable if things didn't pan out and they had to move on, but I think it's best to let people know if that's the case and apparently they did. I just missed their response.

Happy to hear that it's still coming and thanks for keeping me updated :)