• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I've never played Yokai Watch besides a demo for the second one, which was fun, but this plays completely differently. I was waiting for it to get cheaper, and it's ¥3,000 now.
71nefhZx0BL._AC_SY445_.jpg

I recognize that it's J only, so maybe a ton of people here haven't played it yet, but I'd appreciate any input!

Last edited:

coredecepts

Oct 27, 2017
Just popping in to express my jealousy. Can we get Yokai Watch 3 for that price in the US please? Still $40 on eShop and don't even think about a physical copy.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
My 10 year old son son has been playing it, you can easily play while watching some youtube vids for plot. He's gotten pretty far in the game. We actually bought a few of the NFC things to use in the game.

OP
OP
Aurica

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
OP
OP
Aurica

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I'm gonna doubt more than a couple people on here have played 4++ considering the language barrier and impressions on regular 4 not being too hot in the import thread. The couple that did play it probably won't see this thread. Guess I'll pass for now.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, those are good prices though, admittedly. I might hop on the original Yokai Watch, actually, since I wanted to play the game in Japanese...

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna doubt more than a couple people on here have played 4++ considering the language barrier and impressions on regular 4 not being too hot in the import thread. The couple that did play it probably won't see this thread. Guess I'll pass for now.
The content is barely there (no evolutions, barely any yokai, same ones popping up at the same places), the switch performance is embarrassing, I dislike the gameplay change (3 perfected turn based YW), the story is a mix of a TV show that flopped and a movie that also flopped... Basically it's too ambitious for its own good (they had to remade every single youkai because they didn't future proof the games like Game Freak did).

I think it's a fine game but def the worst out of the 4.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'd recommend it. It's my favourite mainline Yo-kai Watch game (keeping in mind I liked everything about the previous games outside of the combat, which I hated, and that the spin-off Sangokushi is my favourite).

I haven't touched the rerelease though, just the original, where the performance got progressively more dire as the game went on, especially in the optional battles.

OP
OP
Aurica

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
The content is barely there (no evolutions, barely any yokai, same ones popping up at the same places), the switch performance is embarrassing, I dislike the gameplay change (3 perfected turn based YW), the story is a mix of a TV show that flopped and a movie that also flopped... Basically it's too ambitious for its own good (they had to remade every single youkai because they didn't future proof the games like Game Freak did).

I think it's a fine game but def the worst out of the 4.
Are you talking about 4 or 4++?

Gunkankun

Oct 29, 2017
I bought it as there's no sign of the English version and will be a long long time before it hits that price point probably. Played an hour and found it enjoyable. The cinematics that I've seen were nice and engaging, combat is easy so far but I can see it being fun, but performance isn't the best. The game is relatively easy to understand so far, save for the story of course. Quests are marked on the map and I haven't been scrambling what to do yet. All in all, happy with the purchase.