• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Who was stronger?

• Palpatine

Votes: 203 63.4%
  • Yoda

Votes: 117 36.6%

• Total voters

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do Jedi have any offensive Force abilities sans lightsaber?

ZEhGx4R.jpg

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Telekinesis, the "mind trick" aka mind controlling the weak willed, and amplifying their physical abilities like jumping, running, etc...
Also the mind trick thing they show that even if you resist they basically torture you with it in the clone wars or at least painfully extract information

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Yoda clearly had the upper hand at the end. He was controlling Sidious' lightning and the only reason he lost was because he fell.

He had that fight won.

Both were evenly matched during most of the fight. Only at the end, after their force clash, Palpatine was able to get a clear grip on the platform while Yoda was unable to fell down hard on the Senate floor, he was too hurt to keep fighting, so Palpatine won, but it had more to do with luck than being more powerful than Yoda. Had their places been reversed, I'm pretty sure Yoda would have easily finished Sheev.

Have never understood why more people don't see this, the movie seemed to go out of its way to make it obvious Yoda and Palpatine were evenly matched in Force power. Palp gets scared and tries to run away for crying out loud after Yoda knocks him back across the room over his desk. If Palp and Yoda had been standing on opposite ends of that senate pod Palp would have been the one to take a duel-ending, perilous fall, not Yoda. Has always seemed like a pretty straightforward yet tragic (for Yoda) tactical advantage to me.

Last edited:

The Archon

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They're both pretty equal imo. Sidious slightly edges out Yoda in force usage, meanwhile Yoda slightly edges out Sidious on Saber battles.

dragonbane

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Only reason Yoda lost is the difference in body mass. Sheev is heavy enough the blast didn't knock him down while it sent Yoda flying. The fall looked brutal to the point Yoda probably lacked the energy to even get back up to Sheev. That's why he threw it.

If Sheev was still perfectly fine he would have dropped after Yoda to ensure his demise, instead he just hangs on laughing. If the throw went the reverse way Yoda would have jumped right after Sheev and probably finished him.

Yoda lost because of the laws of physics and being tiny. Very bad luck

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in who is stronger, Snoke or Palpatine, Snoke's powers seems to be emperor's but more levelled up, pulling Hux and Rey like Rag dolls, and his lighning seems quicker, he also claims to have created a link between Rey and Ren. But he made a crucial mistake with two undertrained force users and a bit witless.

Oct 28, 2017
Yoda ran away from Sidious and Obi-Wan failed to finish the job with Anakin.

Then they go into exile for 30 years doing nothing while others take up the good fight against the Empire.

Failures

rb1121

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Chicago
If Yoda was stronger, he would have confronted Palpatine in the years after.

Failed, I have. Into exile I must go.

This is not hard.

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's not really a clean 1:1 comparison. Yoda is way past his physical prime in ROTS, but Palpatine just got his body scorched a few hours earlier.

Besides, fights of this nature aren't just one will always beat the other. If you rerun the fight 1,000 times I imagine the 'victor' only wins 60-70% of the time.