• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Heromanz

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Needless hostility towards another member, previous infractions for similar behavior
They announced the partnership in January 2017, Crystal Dynamics shipped their last game in late 2015 and EM did the same in late 2018.

I'm simply baffled by ignorance if you think that 2-3 years are enough to make AAA titles.
Oh fuck off dude. Many people thought we would get news on the game last year.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
As I get older the earlier games get announced is almost directly correlated to how much I lose interest in said game. TLoU Part 2 is testing me. Ghosts of Tsushima could be another. Cyberpunk 2077 - please don't hurt me. They need to get a handle on how early they announce games. Hype is one thing. Dying of old age is another :D

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
It's Square Enix, you know it's going to take ages to make.
Plus they probably announced it too early, like always.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Btw i dont like the word incompetence because they Just didnt revealed the game, you are insulting the developers with that. Many games are announced way too early we Just have to live with that.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Square Enix reading this thread

giphy.gif

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I mean we've got Marvel ultimate alliance 3 coming in july(with the deep dive likely at e3 just in time to cash in the boy I loved endgame but I want something new with avengers and marvel window)

An se project can take years to see the light of day

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Maybe we will see Avengers at E3. Or the Guardians of the Galaxy rumored game will be announced. I don't know.

Deleted member 227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's literally E3 in a month, with Square having their own press conference. Maybe wait until after it?
Also, Team Ninja is making an Avengers game that comes out in 2 months.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Ain't no game bih. Thanos said he was taking something from us. If not half the population, then this game.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I'm just thankful that Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 is even happening.

Heck, it's been a decade since MUA 2 happened.

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Sometimes game companies announce things too soon. %100 especially square, but not sure this time it was their call

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know but I don't have any confidence that it's going to be any good. Everything we've heard so far is troubling.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
Most likely E3 for the SE game.

For me the only Marvel AAA game I'd care about is a Marvel vs DC fighting game made by Netherrealm Studios. Ed Boon let it slipped he has talked with Marvel about fighting games in an interview. Of course the interviewer couldn't get him to explain more.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Last week, while watching Endgame I heard someone saying "I need a game where I can do that NOW" during *that* scene.

Me too buddy, me too.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
How so? They've done some amazing work with Tomb Raider, plus there is Eidos Montreal who have pulled off two great deus ex games. They are very talented.

Tomb Raider games weren't great TBH. Their writing, characters, and combat are so bad and those are important for a game like Avengers. They make good level and puzzle design and good visuals though. I'll give them that. And yeah, Eidos Montreal are much better.

I'm just not confident like I was when I heard Insomniac was working on a Spidey game. That was a perfect fit.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know, but Rise was nothing special and Square Enix isn't having the best track record right now.. Spider Man was a win for Marvel but I'm not sure about this one
Recently
Kingdom hearts 3
https://www.khinsider.com/news/King...sition-as-best-selling-game-of-2019-YTD-14797
83 metacritic

Dragon Quest 11
86 metacritic
https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/11/07/dragon-quest-11-sales-numbers-4-million/

Octopath traveller
83 metacritic
https://www.venturebeat.com/2018/08...s-software-sales-thanks-to-octopath-traveler/

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Kingdom Hearts is super overrated. It's nowhere near the quality of 1 and 2. Octopath is also pretty divisive, personally I like it a lot but I can see why people don't like it. Dragon Quest is great no doubt about that. Deserves even higher meta. But it seems like this and Final Fantasy 14 are the only SE games that still have some of their old magic inside them. Let's also not forget about Final Fantasy XV... Not very reassuring IMO.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm more interested in when we'll see more from that Harry Potter AAA game. I wonder which will arrive first and if they are being made for this or next gen.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Tomb Raider games weren't great TBH. Their writing, characters, and combat are so bad and those are important for a game like Avengers. They make good level and puzzle design and good visuals though. I'll give them that. And yeah, Eidos Montreal are much better.

I'm just not confident like I was when I heard Insomniac was working on a Spidey game. That was a perfect fit.
I think they're on par with uncharted.