• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 31, 2017
Why is this word so annoying and loaded? Someone says yikes as a reaction to something and you already know they're over-dramatizing.

Or it means you really screwed up. My friend's on Bumble right now and someone was way too forward with her with the nicknames. She sent me the message and I saw she Yikes'd him. You never want that to happen to you.

But the yikes on message boards, man, is like a stake through the heart. You yikes when you see yikes, and then it's just a spiral toward entropy.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
We have had this thread many times over.

www.resetera.com

The rise of "Yikes"

When did this happen? Why did it explode? Even when the old site was a thing it was never used. I've never heard of it up until a year ago or so (not the actual word, but the common usage as a negative connotation in forums, YouTube comments etc) How do you feel about the word? Does it annoy...

My friend, you will not discover the answers you seek. Many have gone mad in pursuit of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.