• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Winco and crest in okc area were ok, thankfully they had a limit per item rule.

Flu medicine was mostly gone, so was the winco branded oats and canned tuna, everything else was pretty normal thankfully.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I imagine they had an extra truck or two of baskets delivered because Sam's would for sure have run out once the store was at capacity, and I feel like operationally Costco has to be similar. There's so many factors involved in providing service like this, I'm so fucking glad I quit last year.

Winco and crest in okc area were ok, thankfully they had a limit per item rule.

Flu medicine was mostly gone, so was the winco branded oats and canned tuna, everything else was pretty normal thankfully.
Hoping WinCo stays 24 hours because if I go grocery shopping you bet your ass it'll be in the middle of the night.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Just went to Ralph's (Inland Empire) and they are completely out of red meat, almost every kind of pasta and premade sauce, sugar, flour, most drinkable dairy, and every kind of tissue and toilet paper.

Kind of dead @ all of the vegetables and fruit being untouched.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I imagine they had an extra truck or two of baskets delivered because Sam's would for sure have run out once the store was at capacity, and I feel like operationally Costco has to be similar. There's so many factors involved in providing service like this, I'm so fucking glad I quit last year.

Hoping WinCo stays 24 hours because if I go grocery shopping you bet your ass it'll be in the middle of the night.

The sign said they close from midnight to 5 am now.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
My grocers are out of toilet paper and eggs but generally have everything else. The grocers have been busier too and some products are noticeably sparser than usual but there's no notable incivility or terrible lines yet. I think it will get that way soon, though.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Just went to Ralph's (Inland Empire) and they are completely out of red meat, almost every kind of pasta and premade sauce, sugar, flour, most drinkable dairy, and every kind of tissue and toilet paper.

because they're perishable, most likely.

Oct 27, 2017
The local supermarket chain has announced an earlier closing time so they can do all the restocking at night.

But Costco was fine today, not crowded and only out of toilet paper and mesquite wings and ground beef.

BobLoblaw

This Guy Helps
Oct 27, 2017
A couple of places I went to were a shitshow today. Luckily, the local healthfood place still had bottled water. My advice is to stay off the beaten path if you can.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's in California. Is Costco limiting the people cause of the Gathering Ban of over 250 or so?

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
I plan on going to Costco on Tuesday to do my normal shopping. Hopefully people will have have fucked off by then.

Same strategy (but not Costco). Think I'll push my luck to Wednesday even.

Not gonna lie though, I fear the early return of snowbirds. Hundreds of thousands of boomers returning in panic from Florida, with empty fridges since they're gone for the winter. These boomers are going to empty the grocery store again by loading their trucks full of produce.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When I went on Thu it was pretty bad

All perishable and non-perishable were gone, soap, sanitizer, toilet paper, meat both fresh and processed, cheese, bread, milk, water, juice and fricken chips and soda.

Just went to HEB today and got water and tp so all good now 😂

I expect HEB to be a shitshow tomorrow. Closing it at 8pm and announcing it to be open at 8am is going to create a massive line.

No barbacoa for me I guess 😭

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BlueSmartCornsnake-size_restricted.gif

sidebar: wtf happened to Von Dutch clothing

Maeros

Dec 21, 2017
to me it doesn't though...

i'm certainly not being flippant, but differing mentalities have differing rationale

In my country meetings with more then 100 people are forbidden with a risk of a fine. Why would you think were you life is any different? Stop putting older people at risk by putting yourself at risk. Dont be selfish please.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
They do realize that by the time they got into the store, all the stuff they'd want would be gone, right?

Deleted member 2802

Community Resetter
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They do realize that by the time they got into the store, all the stuff they'd want would be gone, right?
Costco stores all their shit on shelves. You just need someone to bring it down

C5-_FUiXQAAKfN8.jpg

4nATEHd.jpg

Of course they can run out, but people think that Costco has more stock than say a drugstore or maybe even a Walmart.

meowdi gras

Banned
Feb 24, 2018
Forgot a few items at the store yesterday, all produce. I have little doubt any of my local supermarkets have them in stock. But I'm terrified that if I run in to get them, I'm going to end up standing in line for two hours just to purchase three items. 🙄

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
bizarre how the grocery situation is in my neighborhood. woke up at 7 to get a running start at Kroger and there was already a line of people with masks and cops patrolling.

then every other grocery in a 5-10 mile radius was increasingly less and less crowded until i found a Kroger where everything was almost perfectly normal

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017

Here the fresh fruits and veggies still have availability but the frozen fruits and veggies are depleted. People aren't picking the fresh fruits and veggies because they're perishable and don't store for a long period of time where as people will freeze meat.

The one area that surprises me though is the cereal isle. That seems packed which makes no sense to me since that stuff lasts a long time.

FunkyMonkey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

here in NC probably about 70% of fruits and vegetables gone, 90% meat gone, and 75% canned food gone.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
because they're perishable, most likely.
Here the fresh fruits and veggies still have availability but the frozen fruits and veggies are depleted. People aren't picking the fresh fruits and veggies because they're perishable and don't store for a long period of time where as people will freeze meat.

The one area that surprises me though is the cereal isle. That seems packed which makes no sense to me since that stuff lasts a long time.
I'm aware, but I just thought people would be getting like...normal produce kitchen staples too? Like apples/onion/celery/bagged carrots were all completely stocked.

Last edited:

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i assumed nobody was buying produce because that's conceivably the "unsafest" thing to handle and eat in a pandemic

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

no milk to go with it 😂

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
This was me at Costco yesterday in the Toronto area

DSC-4522.jpg

It was a bit of trouble to park, a lot of trouble to get a cart, and on both sides of the store the lines got to the back of the store. Still, from the moment I got into the parking lot to when I left was under 90 minutes so it wasn't too bad. This was also as soon as the store opened so it likely got worse as the day went on.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Was also kind of surprised they had a lot of orange juice left. I thought that would've been the first to go after water/milk.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
My wife loves Costco and she knows it's best to go like 10 minutes before they close to avoid the crowd. Even with all this going on, that seems to still hold true and she's been able to get plenty of stuff. With that in mind, she saw this video and she just could not fathom why anyone would wait that long. She can't imagine what would be at Costco that you couldn't get elsewhere and not have to wait that long in line.

DeathPeak

Oct 27, 2017
Store here closed for 45 minutes because it reached capacity, which is over 3600 people. The line to check out went to the back of the store and around the meat department.