• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I somehow haven't run into any craziness at stores here in the Chicago suburbs. Busy to be sure, but nothing outrageous.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yesterday I discovered Sam's Club had a scan and pay app, which made my trip a whole lot easier. I guess Costco doesn't have that?

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, I was going to go to Costco today but decided it would probably be a mess.

After watching the video I really don't get it. Why would you even

dingobingo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
the funny thing is the one in Cincinnati is just fine. I think its really strange we have that much discrepancy

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
it's funny how our supply chain dies the moment we all have to stock up on necessities

almost like modern capitalism's trends towards meeting every need makes it excessively vulnerable to rapid shits in consumption needs

DashReindeer

Perfect World
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it was like that here at our Costco this morning. Plenty of cops to make sure things didn't get out of hand, people lining up in the rain, and then huge lines inside for paper products. They were enforcing limits on toilet paper and paper towels though, which was nice to see.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It really took until this weekend for the local stores to get to the "bare shelves" stage. I just want my teabags...

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If stores aren't already implementing, they need to implement rationing. Fucking cunts buying out all the paper towels and TP so they don't have to leave their houses for the next year.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Nothing like getting a bunch of people in an enclosed space in the middle of a pandemic.

Our medical system is about to break in a big way.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
A fight broke out and someone got hit by a car at mine yesterday. Even made the news.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
what is fucking costco up is that this time of the year is supposed to be slower in general so they didn't have enough product ordered to handle this kind of traffic. my friend showed me a picture of his isle and all the shelve spaces were empty and he had to open up with holes were pallets usually go.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Thankfully the Costco near where I live (Northern VA) haven't had anything like this so far.

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
I posted this in the coronavirus thread, but this was the line I was stuck in, just to get into the lot...

7JXJmPF.jpg

SneakyBadger

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit. The grocery stores here in Atlanta are still about as busy as usual. Hopefully that doesn't change too much.

DarthWoo

Oct 27, 2017
Seems to me like The Last Man on Earth got it wrong about markets remaining well-stocked for any survivors of an apocalyptic pandemic.

DirtyManos

Oct 25, 2017
Parking was the hardest part in the Inglewood Costco, line went outside the building too. But once inside they had it real organized and were rationing water and tp among other products. Wasn't too bad, but definitely crazy to experience.

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
Holy shit, that's my Costco. I have literally never waited in line to get inside the store. That's insane. Usually the weekends are the worst; if it was like that on Friday I imagine it could be even longer today or tomorrow.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Costco is a mad house right now to the point where I wouldn't even bother but I came from a Walmart neighborhood market and it was relatively civilized. They were rationing TP by handing it out and had pallets of water all over the store. Still plenty of actual food to be had.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
heb near me was in the same situation

There were police to watch people đŸ˜‚

It felt like Black Friday

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Mine was like that yesterday but it was before the store opened. Was pretty normal after we got in besides having another line to checkout. I live in a rich suburban area though.

x3sphere

Oct 27, 2017
yesterday I discovered Sam's Club had a scan and pay app, which made my trip a whole lot easier. I guess Costco doesn't have that?
They don't. It sucks the Sam's Club near me closed down that app made shopping a lot more convenient. Barely anyone went there though, Costco is always super busy in comparison. Weird because I didn't find a big difference in selection between the two.

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
i'm in the UK, went to asda about 11am this morning, and with my hand on my heart it was as normal as any other day... there was even toilet roll on the shelf (granted not a lot, but it wasn't just put out, and the quantity probably would have lasted quite a few hours)

even standing in the queue at the checkout the topic of conversation was that the madness seemed to had died down

it might all change, but where i am everything's pretty normal

( i was at the cambridge half marathon last sunday with 14,000 people, and i'm at a 10k tomorrow with around 1500)

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
My mom, who lives in a Trump stronghold, said everything was normal when I talked to her yesterday because everybody believed it to be a hoax. I told her she should stick up on essentials because when that attitude changes, it'll happen quickly. She and my sister went to Costco today and couldn't get inside.

I wonder what happened between then and now...

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
heb near me was in the same situation

There were police to watch people đŸ˜‚

It felt like Black Friday

HEB was kind of crazy on Wednesday but it wasn't too bad yet. I was able to get mostly everything I wanted. TP was obviously gone and the frozen vegetables were mostly picked clean. Lots of non-perishables still on the shelves then though.