• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
Don't know of this is just a local thing (North Jersey/NYC area) but I never see yellow rice for sale in any size larger than 1 LB packaging. Going to multiple stores I see 1,2,5,10 & 20 LB bags of all types of rice, but yellow is only available in a 1 LB bag or one of those single use boxes. It's available online in larger sizes but I find it odd none of the stores seem to carry it in larger sizes around where I live.

Can you buy big bags of yellow rice near you?

Oct 27, 2017
I've seen rice cooked with chicken broth and that turns out slightly yellow. In Indian cuisine, there's yellow-colored rice with saffron and other spices. Edit: turmeric as stated above.

OP
OP
Soundscream

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
I thought seasoning and other vegetables makes it yellow.
Nope

2c907c52-6f78-431f-85f7-f01d7b011d47_1.c28850ed7a69fec215e9d58498dcb1f0.jpeg

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
OP, do you mean Golden Rice? That's the only one I know of that is inherently that colour. Not a commonly available thing though.

Indian/Mexican yellow rice dishes are usually White Rice + turmeric and other spices.

Edit: Looking at that picture you posted - it is just the company making a special pre-mixed version.

Szbfr5d.png

OP
OP
Soundscream

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
OP, do you mean Golden Rice? That's the only one I know of that is inherently that colour. Not a commonly available thing though.

Indian/Mexican yellow rice dishes are usually White Rice + turmeric and other spices.

Edit: Looking at that picture you posted - it is just the company making a special pre-mixed version.

Szbfr5d.png
Called yellow rice on all the different packages around me.

d7529af5-a5ec-4792-8802-fa466b222977_1.e8af0b6985590a2949421e4ade51da7b.jpeg

My lazy ass is looking for the fastest way to making it, 1 cup of rice 2 cups water rice cooker on.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's available online, but I was just wondering why I can't find it in stores in the size I want.
what you ask for is not feasible. because all the goddam yellow rice seasoning would settle at the bottom of the bag and you'd end up with slightly tasteless, tumeric stained rice.

that box you posted was what 2 or 3 lbs of rice mix? just get that for the 5 times a year you eat it and be done. goddamn

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
I make a vinegar and butter sauce and poor it over yellow rice. It's fucking amazing.

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017
Spiced rice is the reason for life

Adobo
sazon
onion
pepper
salt
tomato paste
recaito
*Protein if need be

Live forever

OP
OP
Soundscream

Soundscream

Nov 2, 2017
what you ask for is not feasible. because all the goddam yellow rice seasoning would settle at the bottom of the bag and you'd end up with slightly tasteless, tumeric stained rice.

that box you posted was what 2 or 3 lbs of rice mix? just get that for the 5 times a year you eat it and be done. goddamn
Don't kill my dreams :'(

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I add Sazon, Adobo, tomato sauce and tomato paste in my rice and it comes out yellow. I'll usually mix some beans in there too.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
Literally just add turmeric to the water before you boil your rice, how much easier do you want it to be